Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we

Jan 21, 2019, 4:24 PM

taking for '19 class?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we

Jan 21, 2019, 4:30 PM

I've heard about 30, but can't swear to that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 4:38 PM

I'm not sure, but how does Georgia continue to get these top recruiting classes, beating us year after year??" We've got to be doing something wrong. This continues, they will eventually beat us on the field. With all the money and #1 facilities that we have, how does this continue?? Makes no sense. Any solution??

Jan 21, 2019, 4:43 PM

You're trusting recruiting sites evaluations Instead of our coaches evaluations of recruits. Clemson has won 2 of the last 3 National Championships and #### near won a third while the so called "recruiting champs" haven't won a championship in 38 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 5:00 PM

Okay, you make an excellent point, but we do seem to miss out on a number of great players. And we do a great job at player-development, but Trevor Lawrence who is leading us to unforseen heights was a former 5-star, and the top HS recruit in the nation. Number one!! And we got him! Where would we be without him, and one of the top RB's from Louisiana, Travis Etienne? These would both now be rated 5-stars. My point is that recruiting and player development are both huge. ,

Jan 21, 2019, 6:48 PM

You don't get any great players. I think Clowney was the last 5* until you got Pickens. He will probably transfer to UGA where they will continue to curb stomp your fannies!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

Loose "cannon" alert!

Jan 21, 2019, 5:03 PM

That's really cute. If you have a reasonable point to make then make it. Otherwise, button it. You are intellectually limited.

Jan 21, 2019, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

Are you referring to the recruiting class rankings that had Justin Fields ranked higher than Trevor Lawrence? Those rankings?

We’ve determined that those rankings are a stinking, steaming load of hogwash, based on “on the field results”. We don’t spend much time fretting about stinking, steaming loads of hogwash.

Jan 21, 2019, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

Jan 21, 2019, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

Same reason that the St. John’s river flows north......

Georgia $ u c k $.

Jan 21, 2019, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 6:43 PM

Sorry to bust your bubble... but OUR RECRUITS ARE #1

When you make it to the Natty with your mangy mutts come back and tell us all about your rankings successes.

LOL!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 4:43 PM

We may be ranked in the top ten for recruiting. Why aren't we ranked number one or at least in the top five?? Something ain't right here, but I'm not sure what it is.

LOLOLOLOL!!!***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:44 PM

^^^Even more....This!!***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

He has a good point. UGA went from a 8-5 team ( barely winning the liberty bowl) firing their coach, to all a sudden getting every recruit they want. Plus out recruiting Clemson for a number of players in state that we usually get. The same thing happened with Ole Miss all a sudden getting 5 stars (after a 3-9 season) and they got caught with incentives. Eventually it will come out later down the road that they did something crooked. I was right about Auburn and right about OleMiss. Only a matter of time. But to answer your question Georgia has been nabbing some of the local talent we usually get promising them things and likely negative recruiting. For instance I've heard on the trail UGA coaches were telling Lineman last year (Clemson dont put anyone in the NFL from the O-line) we do. It's dirty but these are 17 yr olds that don't know the difference. Clemson didn't bow down. We decided to expand our ground and now we are going around the country recruiting from Kansas to Ohio to Cali and even Alabama. Texas too. So we will get ours.

Jan 21, 2019, 5:22 PM

Hey Brabb,

Thank you---great post. Good to know that I just wasn't imagining things. I mean how long can we go with UGA and Alabama eating our lunch on recruiting?? We can't continue to try and "develop" 2-star players, and hope to win. So with the greatest facilities and stadium in the country, how o we become
competitive in recruiting? Hey guys. I'm a lifelong Clemson fan, and just expressing an opinion that is probably wrong.

You leg humpers are fooling no one. Just keep whistling past

Jan 21, 2019, 6:32 PM

the graveyard.

I mean, you guys let Texas beat you! A Big 12 team with 4 losses! Come on leg humpers, your coaches must really suck losing to Texas with all that talent you've got on your team!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I'll get lit up.....but how many recruits are we ]

what could it possibly be???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Deer OP....you haven’t been lit up, just hijacked.

Jan 21, 2019, 5:33 PM

If Bry, Woods, or even Q weighed in, that would be good towards your original question.

Concerning the recruiting rankings; Alabama has had the #1 recruiting class 8 out of the last 10 years. Clemson has not been close to that, but has beaten them two out of the last four years. The rankings appear to be slightly over valued.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

Re: Deer OP....you haven’t been lit up, just hijacked.

Jan 21, 2019, 6:37 PM

I also truly believe this year’s championship has sent message to all recruits near and far that Dabo’s “Family” formula is superior to the Saban Factory approach WITHOUT COMPROMISE.

On the contrary you’ll not only have the greatest on field opportunities, you’ll also have academic opportunities, guidance, and career support resulting in not just better football players, but better men.

Before there was some kind of perceived trade off.

-“Clemson’s fun, but certainly not the equal of Bama!”

-“They were a flash in the pan because of Watson. You watch, they’ll be middle of the pack next year!”

All that’s been blown away now, for good. The reality of this thumping is undeniable, not only for the *5 junior high school player on the fence, but also for the 10-yr old with the dream of playing football who was glued to the TV Monday night as a sea of orange washed away the Tide.

Looks like 29,if BOTH offered RB's commit

Jan 21, 2019, 5:45 PM

Haven't seen where any other visits for 2019 recruits have been set up ?

Has anyone else ??

Re: Looks like 29,if BOTH offered RB's commit

Jan 21, 2019, 7:14 PM

Wouldnt it be really nice if coots like cannon would simply admit being a coot and quirky pretending to be a tiger. Then they might actually be taken seriously.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic