Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I will get a thumbs down for this but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,947

I know I will get a thumbs down for this but...

Oct 12, 2015, 9:54 PM

I am seriously saddened by SOS retiring. A legend is leaving the coaching business. Happens all the time. I know he is the rival coach and we all make fun of him but in reality he really is a legend in coaching. In the HOF. Heisman winner. NC. so forth and so on. Sad to see him go but hopefully he will have a happy retirement. A legend of a coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I'm with you. OBC made things interesting.

Oct 12, 2015, 9:55 PM

Oh. And they will now play lights out against us to end the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I will get a thumbs down for this but...

Oct 12, 2015, 9:57 PM

I wish he would have stayed another year too. (;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree ... but am very curious how this came to be.

Oct 12, 2015, 9:57 PM

Hate to think he was pushed out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with you there. This is beyond strange.***

Oct 12, 2015, 10:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I would be shocked if they forced him out midseason.

Oct 12, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to I agree ... but am very curious how this came to be. ]

Heck, I would be surprised if they forced him out at all. He has given them the best several year run in the history of their program.

Either he decided he doesn't want to coach anymore, or there is a lot more to this story that hasn't come out yet.

Let's not forget that he quit on the Redskins when the going got tough.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not a classy coach

Oct 12, 2015, 9:59 PM

Famous for running up the score on inferior teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

I agree...But his biggest mistake, well you know.

Oct 12, 2015, 10:00 PM

was to go out a ####

Del Gue said it best

Oct 12, 2015, 10:01 PM

Amongst lnjuns... a tribe's greatness is figured on how mighty its enemies be."

I'm in agreement

Re: BS

Oct 12, 2015, 10:04 PM

He's an egotistical, arrogant ahole and we're supposed to 'respect' his work?! Worst part is he is a Science Hill Hilltoppers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2015, 10:04 PM

is that the Johnsonville zip code

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2015, 10:05 PM

I agree. Rival or not, he is a legend in college football and took teams to heights never reached before. Anyone making fun of this should be ashamed and has no athletic background to understand.
God bless him in his retirement.

I am not ashamed..

Oct 12, 2015, 10:11 PM

he is the one that should be ashamed for quitting in the middle of a season. After all of his smart remarks against other teams and coaches,,,he sees the writing on the wall and does not want to hear about himself if he went out this year with a losing record. If you think about it, he more or less did the same thing at Florida. At least he told the team this time. Just because someone won some fb games and national champs game does not make him a good person. Heck, his family even says he is a bad person to be around. He set his own self up for any ridicule he gets from this. What goes around comes around sooner or later.

I don't TD but I can understand anyone who does this time.

Oct 12, 2015, 10:06 PM

SOS is a POS. I've seen him throwing deep on Vandy with a 40 point lead in the 4th quarter, that says POS to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont post here much, but I agree

Oct 12, 2015, 10:08 PM

I thought he was a breathe of fresh air to CFB. I liked his humor and his wit and I might get lamb blasted too but most of what he said was true. When he took our Boyd/Watkins/Hopkins teams to the woodshed I knew he still had some X and O skills. I do wish we could have beat him at WB as a farewell, but this ending is kind of sad and anti climatic. Taking the Orange glasses off , I tip my hat to the Old Ball Coach, Enjoy retirement coach!

The only reason I am sad is that he wont be there for 63-17

Oct 12, 2015, 10:09 PM

Part Two

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,947
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic