Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo

May 21, 2014, 9:54 PM

Who had a huge part in getting Munson the radio gig. The guy was working with Dabo so closely for a few years while Pete was a little more of an outsider. I think this was very much a combo decision with Dabo heavily involved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good. i'm glad dabo & drad are calling the shots for the

May 21, 2014, 10:01 PM

bread winner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes sense to me. Munson was already doing a lot of the

May 21, 2014, 10:51 PM

media stuff, tiger calls, etc. I'm sure there was a comfort level there.

You can tell we are close to down time when people

May 21, 2014, 10:05 PM

like Muson and Will Merritt are getting "breaking news" articles.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can tell we are close to down time when people

May 21, 2014, 10:16 PM

If Dabo is paying attention to junk like this, then he's not doing his job. Why not focus on a mediocre S&C program. rather than this political shi$$?

Can't cure stupid.***

May 21, 2014, 11:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe, they're are a lot of us hoping newb pulls thru...

May 22, 2014, 7:16 AM

he gots it bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slum+Dog

May 22, 2014, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: You can tell we are close to down time when people ]

What an appropriate handle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo

May 21, 2014, 10:17 PM

I disagree,,,that is not Dabo's style.

May 21, 2014, 10:54 PM

Dabo is a dictator and has been from Day 1. With success comes even more power. He will go the way of Danny eventually.

May 21, 2014, 11:30 PM

Sounds good to me. I'm down with him winning a NC, multiple ACC titles, and becoming one of the most beloved coaches in school history.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. Taking us to the top.***

May 21, 2014, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what kind of head coach runs a democracy anyway?***

May 22, 2014, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 22, 2014, 5:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo ]

You obviously have Dabo confused with your Old Ball Sack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

May 22, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo ]

Thank you !

Dictator? Doesn't fit the narrative from Scar fanbase

May 22, 2014, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I know DRad is taking heat but it had to be Dabo ]

I thought Dabo was supposedly a clueless schmuck who only was winning due to his assistant coaches. Now you tell me he's a dictator who micro-manages all aspects of the program? Which one is it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dictator? Doesn't fit the narrative from Scar fanbase

May 22, 2014, 2:26 PM

both. just because he micro manages doesn't mean he does it well.

So what?

May 21, 2014, 11:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Younger folks would be surprised with how much control

May 22, 2014, 6:16 AM

Frank Howard had at Clemson.

Howard was clever, for he adroitly used a country bumpkin image to disguise the brilliant ability of finesse. He had key allies throughout the administration, many being former football players, such as Walter Cox. Powerful alumni were solidly in his camp throughout his tenure, and most students, even in his waning days, would have been loath to speak publicly against him.

He remained until he "chose" to retire in 1969, even amid rumblings among the fan base, due to the respect he had earned.

I have no problems with Coach Swinney's influence; however, no one person must ever be allowed unquestioned control of any part of our operations. From reports within and without CU's present structure I just don't glean some horrifying scenario wherein Coach Swinney has reached the level of Supreme Dictator.

Re: Younger folks would be surprised with how much control

May 22, 2014, 6:43 AM

Perspective.....it comes with experience and wisdom. Very well said.

Hartins correct as usual...thought it was great that

May 22, 2014, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Younger folks would be surprised with how much control ]

Howard stayed around Clemson and was a fixture in the community (or at least at the old Holiday Inn).

Well said Hartins

May 22, 2014, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Younger folks would be surprised with how much control ]

One could opine that such was Danny Ford's undoing.

What's that to you?***

May 22, 2014, 7:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL like Dabo does not have enough to do already

May 22, 2014, 7:36 AM

family, players, coaches, recruits, IPTAY that's just the short list

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic