Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College softball highest women's revenue sport
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

College softball highest women's revenue sport

Jan 28, 2020, 1:58 PM

Don't see why any one would be against adding softball at Clemson. An exciting and growing sport. IMO, way more exciting than college baseball and women's basketball.

https://www.ripit.com/blogs/news/how-espn-is-fueling-the-rising-popularity-of-the-women-s-college-world-series-and-softball-around-the-country

https://www.ripit.com/blogs/news/how-espn-is-fueling-the-rising-popularity-of-the-women-s-college-world-series-and-softball-around-the-country

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Karen ain't gonna like this***

Jan 28, 2020, 2:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ^^^Karen ain't gonna like this***

Jan 28, 2020, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: ^^^Karen ain't gonna like this***

Jan 28, 2020, 6:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: College softball highest women's revenue sport

Jan 28, 2020, 2:04 PM

I am not against any sport... except maybe basketball and that is the reason I support Brad Brownell.

That being said, I would have preferred women's rugby. Sure, it is an "emerging" ncaa sport but might as well get in early & devote the resources, than be a late expansion team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditch rowing and bring back swimming***

Jan 28, 2020, 2:13 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Ditch rowing and bring back swimming***

Jan 28, 2020, 2:28 PM

Based on the amount of time they spend around the water, I'm guessing the rowers can double as swimmers.

Jan 28, 2020, 2:39 PM

I’d put it right there with college baseball and more exciting that women’s or men’s basketball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 2:39 PM

Agreed. Way more exciting than womens b-ball... unless of course you enjoy watching basketball at like 1/2 speed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was never against it

Jan 28, 2020, 2:41 PM

In fact, I wondered why Clemson waited so long. It seems our past administration has always been behind the times or just simply didn't care.

I thought it was a head shaker when Clemson added rowing instead of softball. I understand that there's already a "ready made" facility for rowing in Lake Hartwell, but I think our leadership's refusal to invest a bit more to maybe get more in return investment is short sighted.

At the very least, we could have invested in women's lacrosse since it's a big sport in the ACC, and a new facility wouldn't be required.

In any case, we should have invested in something else instead of rowing.

Re: I was never against it

Jan 28, 2020, 2:45 PM

In fact, I wondered why Clemson waited so long. It seems our past administration has always been behind the times or just simply didn't care.

I thought it was a head shaker when Clemson added rowing instead of softball. I understand that there's already a "ready made" facility for rowing in Lake Hartwell, but I think our leadership's refusal to invest a bit more to maybe get more in return investment is short sighted.

At the very least, we could have invested in women's lacrosse since it's a big sport in the ACC, and a new facility wouldn't be required.

In any case, we should have invested in something else instead of rowing.

Rowing is due to Title 9 compliance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know

Jan 28, 2020, 2:50 PM

That's I said "women's lacrosse".

Thank you.

Re: I know

Jan 28, 2020, 2:50 PM

That's why.

Karen's gonna want to speak with your manager

Jan 28, 2020, 5:50 PM

That article claims, according to the Department of Education, that softball teams across the country accounted for $450M in revenues in the 2016-2017 season. But Karen stated as a clear fact that softball loses money it's a sport that "doesn't even come close to breaking even each year," so obviously the Department of Education is wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic