Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I keep reading the coots repeating the phrase in regards to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I keep reading the coots repeating the phrase in regards to

Mar 26, 2015, 10:29 PM

recruiting that "Dabo will tell a recruit anything."

What does that mean? And what examples are there of CDS telling a recruit something or making him a promise of which he has not followed through?

As a matter of the fact, it has bothered me that Dabo has let a kid play out of position because of promises he made on the recruitng trail. ex., Eric Mclain was never going to be an effective TE.

I just don't understand what problem a coot can have with Dabo when it comes to keeping his word.

Serioulsy, what examples do the point towards?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Maybe they just embrace Slurrier throwing his players under

Mar 26, 2015, 10:35 PM

the bus and expect Dabo to do the same. Sorry to disappoint some of you coots...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe they just embrace Slurrier throwing his players under

Mar 26, 2015, 10:39 PM

Jealousy makes the mouth dry , and we quench it with ignorant words.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I keep reading the coots repeating the phrase in regards to

Mar 26, 2015, 10:40 PM

That's simple a case of them having no other excuse and saying whatever sounds good in their head.

One for me is the constant talk of how there's nothing to do in Clemson. It's certainly true that Clemson is a small town, but if a person were to make a list of things to do in Columbia that you can't do in Clemson, then what all would that list include?

Mar 26, 2015, 10:46 PM

1. Zoo
4. Did I already say Zoo ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I can help.

Mar 26, 2015, 10:53 PM

1. Visit a crack den
2. Join a gang
3. Be constantly reminded of Sherman's march
4. Amaze at how it is 15 degrees hotter than every major city within 100 miles.
5. Find people who don't think USC is in California.
6. Visit the zoo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Get shot.***

Mar 27, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep reading the coots repeating the phrase in regards to ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep reading the coots repeating the phrase in regards to ]

I think its called jealousy. When you can't keep up with the success of someone, you try to degrade them. It ain't working except in their own feeble minds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can go to a filming of Mr. Knowzit***

Mar 26, 2015, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep reading the coots repeating the phrase in regards to ]

Re: They can go to a filming of Mr. Knowzit***

Mar 27, 2015, 12:27 AM

They can visit the worlds largest return lines of sports paraphernalia at walmart super centers every Sunday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 12:54 AM

I have a coot friend who used to say"now we'll see if he can coach ". They're always looking for a slurrier -type remark ......yes , I have a coot friend .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 1:41 AM

> I have a coot friend who used to say"now we'll see if
> he can coach ". They're always looking for a slurrier
> -type remark ......yes , I have a coot friend .

Don't feel bad.... I too have clucker friends....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots hate Dabo because...

Mar 27, 2015, 1:00 AM

even though they would never admit it, perhaps even to themselves, deep in their hearts they know that

- Dabo has become a better recruiter than the 'ol ball sack

- Dabo hires better assistants than the 'ol ball sack

- Dabo is a man of superior character to the 'ol ball sack, and

- Dabo is rapidly leading the Clemson football program to resume its natural position of commanding superiority over them, and they are slouching back towards the SEC-doormat level of mediocrity that they thought was gone forever in the armpit of the midlands.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 1:33 AM

Eric MacLain is just an example of a player that had potential at a position that he wasn't necessarily recruited for. Whether it was what he wanted or not, the coaches recognized it and put him in a better position to succeed.

Vic Beasley, DJ Greenlee, etc, are other recent examples. It's not that Dabo made false promises, he gave them their shot and when they were falling in the depth chart, other opportunities were presented. Albert Huggins is a current example in the fact that maybe he'd be a better DT but he's practicing as a DE. Because "that's what Dabo (the coaching staff) promised" and he's getting his fair shot at that position. Maybe big Bert will turn into a stud DE. If not he may move to DT because that's what the coaches feel is best for him.

Another great example would be Chris Register. There has been rumors since he enrolled that he would eventually become a DE. But the coaches never pressured him into it. He approached them (Venables) before the Wednesday scrimmage and said, Hey I feel I could help the team best at DE. Next thing you know he has now been moved to DE. Under his own will.

No false promises. No BS.

Like you said, I don't know where these SC fans are getting it from. Not many false promises from Dabos lips.

Mar 27, 2015, 4:07 AM

Biggest evidence and the closing of the case that Dabo nor the rest of our staff lies to these kids is the fact that Rahshaun Smith said today of why he committed is that he talked a lot with Stephone Anthony about what Clemson is really like. Obviously Stephone showed him that it is truly the experience that the recruits are being told it is.

If it was all smoke and mirrors and bs we wouldn't have one of the top 2 or 3 graduation rates in the nation. We wouldn't have draftable juniors constantly coming back for their senior years. We wouldn't have alumni players CONSTANTLY back on campus. We wouldn't have the love and family atmosphere that we have. We wouldn't be able to recruit like we do. You can't fake a family atmosphere. Many schools try to fake it and try to sell it and it doesn't work for them. It works for us because the recruits can easily see it's true. Tell a coot to turn on our senior football banquet and see all the tears, love, and passion shown by all the players and listen to their speeches. 100% guarantee they'd immediately shut up about Clemson selling bs or having a fake family atmosphere.

I know what I hear recruits say time and time again...

Mar 27, 2015, 4:23 AM

They always talk about how the coaching staff is completely honest and genuine in how they interact with their recruits. These kids aren't dumb (not most of them anyway). They can tell when a school is blowing smoke up their asxes. You never ever hear a recruit say that about our staff. If somebody has a link that would say contrary, I would love to see it...

Mar 27, 2015, 5:35 AM

Coots aren't used to it. Because their coach isn't the kind of man Dabo is, they don't understand how anybody else can be that way either. It's denial, and that's not a river in Africa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2015, 6:21 AM

Remember when Borat got onto that RV with the drunken Coot frat boys ? Well , it made me laugh .
That is all.

DB23

There have never been fans who didn't profess that their

Mar 27, 2015, 6:27 AM

opponents' coaches were guilty of every recruiting violation on the books...especially when their opponents have whipped their behinds.

It's called "making excuses." They do it; we do it; everyone does it. Hence, why it's better to ignore it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see nothing wrong with promising a recruit

Mar 27, 2015, 10:40 AM

he will have 60 virgins upon his death if he can help beat the coots.

The problem that the ###### lovers have with Dabo is that he

Mar 27, 2015, 10:49 AM

is a man of honor
integrity
decency
and knows how to put the right coaches in place to create a winning program and he and his coaches can recruit circles around the drunk.

COOOTS BE STOOOOOPID

Mar 27, 2015, 11:01 AM

That type of stuff works for a new coach for a few years. When,like Dabo, everything is getting better 7 years in, that's because he has proven what he can do to the newer recruits. Likewise, because what Slurrier has proven, USuC's recruiting is trending further down every single year.

Mar 27, 2015, 12:01 PM

Another one I get a laugh out of is when they refer to Clemson fans as rednecks. First of all there is the obvious that their own fan base has a ton of them, and obviously does as well as ALL fan bases in the South are going to have their share. What I find the funniest though is they always refer to Clemson fans as rednecks, and their mascot is literally a chicken, they keep a live chicken on their sidelines during games, and even use the sound of a chicken to get their fans fired up during the games. How they don't see the irony in that is well beyond me.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic