Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Instant Analysis: Clemson 35, Wofford 27
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Sep 10, 2011, 7:35 PM

The Tigers came away with the win, but there are plenty of things to work on with Auburn coming to town next week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instant Analysis: We're not very good***

Sep 10, 2011, 7:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instant Analysis: We're not very good

Sep 10, 2011, 7:44 PM

I'm rapidly coming to that conclusion too. I didn't expect us to be Top 5 but there are some onging symptoms that are no where close to getting corrected. Those tell me we're just not as close as we'd hope. very disappointing the level of play last week to this week. virtually no OL improvement

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're still running the Fun 'n Punt® offense***

Sep 10, 2011, 7:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK... THAT was funny***

Sep 10, 2011, 8:07 PM

Re: Instant Analysis: We're not very good

Sep 10, 2011, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Instant Analysis: We're not very good ]

just a continuation of last year...Steele is a pathetic joke and Caldwell's performance pretty much explains why Vanderbilt has been so bad for so long...my gut feeling is Swinney will be canned after this disaster coming our way and Rich Rod will be back, and it is all unnecessary...he is our Spanky Woods...and we dont need another Sparky...steele will talk tough next week....this is unacceptable and we will fix this and we will fix that but he has no clue how to be a DC..Caldwell is the worst I have ever seen at Clemson and Boyd will have a difficult time going forward.

Why would we want Rich Rod?***

Sep 10, 2011, 7:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instant Analysis: Clemson 35, Wofford 27

Sep 10, 2011, 8:03 PM

After watching Auburn and Miss.State today and hearing how Clemson (None of the first 2 games have been televised) is doing against the run we are totally F'd against Michael Dyer and Auburn. Now grant it Troy and Wofford are two great FCS schools but for the competiton we have coming next 3 weeks the play we have produced is gonna get the score board run up on us. I think I am more upset how this effects our recruiting more than I am how it affects our season. (Recruiting is the Clemson teams of tomorrow and if we can not get caliber players in hear then the years to come will look bleek). Hopefully the talent we have here now we get chance to and WILL produce.

Sep 11, 2011, 10:37 AM

Troy is a FBS school that has gone to a bowl for quite a few years running. They're not horrible. Wofford likely would be a bowl team most years in they were FBS. Not a high bowl team, but they'd put up a 7 win season more often than not.

Are you freaking kidding me? Wofford a 7 win FBS team?

Sep 11, 2011, 12:27 PM

You must be living in Dabo's dream world. If Wofford played in FBS they wouldnt win a game. They've only beaten one FBS team in their entire history! We almost made it two today. This Clemson team is a pathetic joke.

Re: Instant Analysis--We suck and might not win another game

Sep 10, 2011, 8:12 PM

Oh, and we need a new coach. Physical play and a killer instinct might help too.

SO SO SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

Sep 10, 2011, 8:32 PM

I mean REALLY!?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2011, 9:49 PM

It's so funny how everyone new going into this season we would be young and bumps in the road. We are 2-0 lets be happy. Remember Auburn won games last year pulling them out at the last minute and they ended up as Champs. The season is far from over. Everyone needs to be patient....Dabo is a solid coach and he wants to win just like we do.

WHY, WHY? Why did we go for a fake FG when only up by 8 ?

Sep 10, 2011, 10:39 PM

Jeez Dabo! Ice the game at 11 points and make them score twice to beat you, I swear you do so much stupid crap sometimes -just win! you don't have to be cute about it.

Re: WHY, WHY? Why did we go for a fake FG when only up by 8 ?

Sep 11, 2011, 10:22 AM

Yeah, he has said and done some dumb things and I thought he was growing up as a coach. But dang, fake field goal against Wofford? Really? You show that now? We shouldn't need a field goal to ice it against Wofford!

Re: WHY, WHY? Why did we go for a fake FG when only up by 8 ?

Sep 11, 2011, 11:04 AM

I'm actually glad it got blown up. Maybe we didn't really show our fake field goal play just yet. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Instant analysis: Boooooooooo

Sep 10, 2011, 10:40 PM

I'm not booing the kids. I'm booing the coaching. We have to hold the record for the school that has the lowest ROI on raw talent.

I just realized we have 2 come from behind victories this yr

Sep 10, 2011, 10:45 PM

When was the last time we made good adjustments at half time and came from behind (or a tie) to win? I have to say that atleast we have that going for us! Go tigers---- hopefully we've been holding back play calls, and the D looks bad because of the freshmen.

Re: Instant Analysis..

Sep 10, 2011, 11:16 PM

Dabo and company were simply "out-coached" today. Allow me to share some examples:

1. Wofford player running absolutely free for their long pass TD.
2. Fake punt...I was saying out loud, "watch for the fake." You'd think our coaches would have said this to our players.
3. 3rd and so many makeable stops and they run it right up the gut for the 1st down.
4. Mis-tackling galore.
5. We had a chance to be up 11 points (2 scores) and we try a stupid fake FG on Wofford?? Are you freakin' kidding me??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instant Analysis..

Sep 11, 2011, 11:00 AM

honestly only 2 of your 5 points can be put on the coaches (the fake field goal and not prepping for the fake punt)...our freshman safety got sucked up on the TD pass because our linebackers couldn't tackle...the 3rd and makeables that turned into 1st downs are also attributable to our linebackers tackling air...and I think I have already addressed the missed tackles...I saw linebackers in position to make some plays yesterday only to be shed like cornerbacks...until our middle linebacker tackles instead of grabs we will struggle to stop draw plays

Re: I just realized we have 2 come from behind victories this yr

Sep 10, 2011, 11:31 PM [ in reply to I just realized we have 2 come from behind victories this yr ]

I gotta agree, these were big time character building wins...clemson was pushed in both games and had every chance to choke cuz the pressure is huge for them to stomp these teams from smaller conferences.but instead of folding the coaches made good adjustments and the players found a way to get it done instead of going into panic mode, which is impressive, especially considering how many young players we have contributing.

The last two weeks we took on and defeated 2 teams that are conference champions on a yearly basis...they may be from smaller conferences, but they play winning football, and that cant be discredited. right now id say we have a winner on our hands...kinda reminds me of how auburn finds a way to get it done over the past couple yrs...we gotta find a way next week against a team in auburn that does just that... this is another great test for our young fun bunch...cant wait to see them find a way to pull one out against a team that considers themselves the best finishers in college football.they couldve beat aub. last year if they had this years mentality. this is an interesting group<3

Sep 11, 2011, 6:59 AM

What's wrong with you people? We are 2-0 and you are bitching.The coaches are playing a bunch of young guys. I guess you wanted to see 50 point wins! Quit watching the scoreboard and watch the young guys get better each week. Will this team go undefeated? NO! Will we be respectable?YES.I can't understand your displeasure with starting 2-0. Wait until we are blown out of the stadium and then complain. It's just not going to happen this year. They will be in every game and at the end of the day you will look back and be proud if not happy. These are kids. Did you ever think like an 18-20 year old? It's different!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2011, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I just realized we have 2 come from behind victories this yr ]

The problem is this, they have built the right mentality against those two smaller schools. What is going to happen when they get whipped by three larger schools? I am hoping(hope is NOT a strategy)that Kevin Steele has been throwing thefreshman in there and that has been part of the defenses' problem. If they beat Auburn, then they have a good chance. I am behind these guys; Iwant them to win, but the coaching has to get better.

Sep 11, 2011, 12:14 PM

it's not the freshmen linebackers that seem to have the issues with tackling the ball carrier

Sep 11, 2011, 2:34 PM

With such a young secondary our linebackers are still putting way to much pressure on the safeties to be run stoppers. Looks just like it has the last several years. It used to be McDaniel making the tackles, now its Meeks. Then the safeties are forced to suck in for the run and are burned over the top. The LBs do not have good instincts to find the ball carriers, then even if they do they are 2 steps too slow or can't tackle. If our "veteran" linebackers can't play put the new guys in (Steward and Anthony). They may be young and lack experience, but I would rather lack experience than talent.

Instant Analysis: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!!!

Sep 11, 2011, 12:28 PM

Dabo sure can talk a good game, too bad his staff of drinking and fishing buddies couldnt coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Fire the whole lot of them.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic