Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tale of 2 coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Tale of 2 coaches

Jan 16, 2019, 9:38 AM

One does it a certain way, and the other is complete opposite. Yet, they're side by side on many levels

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/01/15/nick-saban-chewed-out-josh-gattis-left-alabama-for-michigan/2584376002/

Seems like Marion Hobby leaving be the most recent, and Dabo congratulating him and wishing him well. More reasons to love Dabo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just get the sense that the wheels are falling off in bama

Jan 16, 2019, 9:42 AM

Sure they have the best collection of talent in the country, but they have more players leave early than any other program, they have more coaches leave than any other program, and it all seems to be catching up to them finally. They have the mental hurdle of a 4 touchdown loss to overcome this season. We'll see how they respond-they should be able to roll through most of their schedule without trying-but I can see the beginning of the end for the Saban era.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just get the sense that the wheels are falling off in bama

Jan 16, 2019, 9:56 AM

One can hope ;)

I have thought that before though, honestly. How can this team lose all their coordinators like that, and keep winning so much. Can you imagine Bama with loyal assistants like Clemson? I've got to think that is one of Clemson's biggest keys to success - retention.

Be curious to see how long Saban can keep it up. Belichick seems to do the same year after year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just get the sense that the wheels are falling off in bama

Jan 16, 2019, 10:14 AM

I agree, it's got to be tough to replace your coordinators every year. It makes it a lot easier when you have the #1 draft class in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019. That's like an NFL team that gets 15 1st round picks every year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban is a control freak and all of this staff turnover is

Jan 16, 2019, 10:16 AM

killing him because he can't stop it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic