Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just drove by the Oculus and trust me...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I just drove by the Oculus and trust me...

Aug 20, 2015, 5:21 PM

photos do not do it justice....It's pretty dang cool....pretty bad azzzzzzz....It towers over everything...no missing it for sure. I swear I thought I saw the Heavens open up and some Angels were hovering above it with Orange wings..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just drove by the Oculus and trust me...

Aug 20, 2015, 5:23 PM

But did you stop and make the appropriate sacrifice of a chicken to Its Majesty?

I threw a chicken wing at it and it bounced off

Aug 20, 2015, 5:25 PM

and landed in Cootville where they belong...the magnetic energy force was impressive

We'll take care of sacrificing the Chickens in November.***

Aug 20, 2015, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I just drove by the Oculus and trust me... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 20, 2015, 5:35 PM

It lives....

The Oculus ?@ClemsonOculus 4h 4 hours ago

"I am Oculus"

Imagine seeing it's breath when the weather is colder..

Aug 20, 2015, 5:38 PM

It's going to be AWESOME babbbbby!

It will look just like a smokestack, yay!***

Aug 20, 2015, 7:15 PM

In Latin

Aug 20, 2015, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I just drove by the Oculus and trust me... ]

Sum Oculus.

Aug 20, 2015, 7:05 PM

;)

Hey Oculus, where are you from?***

Aug 20, 2015, 7:11 PM

null

Deer Oculus

Aug 20, 2015, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I just drove by the Oculus and trust me... ]

You need a bigger Tiger Paw. And fireworks. And smoke. Mighty as well add a Hooters to it inside of you while you're at it.

You've come a long way but at Clemson we want perfection. May your shadow terrify all those who encumber to trespass on its turf.

ALL HAIL MIGHTY OCULUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what the Oculus really needs...

Aug 21, 2015, 10:57 AM

A pergola! That would certainly inspire fear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about a cupola?

Aug 21, 2015, 12:05 PM

Like a terrifyingly tiny hat.

So there's no hiding it. That's too bad because I

Aug 20, 2015, 7:14 PM

just don't think it fits well. Of course the outside of that west endzone looks like the designer was on something anyway.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Aug 21, 2015, 12:24 AM

...but trust me, the Oculus is a very sweet addition to the WEZ. Yeah I agree, the outside view of the WEZ looks like giant Lego blocks just sort of placed willy-nilly by a 7 yr old.

However, the Oculus tends to pull it all together. It will grow on you...give it a little time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you a fun guy irl. It just doesn't translate here.

Aug 21, 2015, 6:04 AM [ in reply to So there's no hiding it. That's too bad because I ]

Man, you are such a downer.:(Like seriously all of your posts seem to only inspire grief.Can't be a Tiger.I ain't calling you a coot per se,but well I'm thinking you would fit in better with them and their current catastrophe.
Be well and may the Oculus shine it's light upon you. Or shoot rays of fire up your ####,whichever. ;)

maybe he's our old friend Blue Caddie, Lowcountry, etc.

Aug 21, 2015, 7:17 AM

Very similar posting styles and always seems to find the problem to every solution.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:08 AM

I'm sure when you drive by you had to keep on driving cause if you stopped and stared at it too long it's power would have brought you to your knees.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:20 AM

It's a huge metal shaft with a Tiger's PAW stamped on it ...which makes it hard and beautiful all at once .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oculus pics from yesterday (Thursday)

Aug 21, 2015, 1:11 PM
unnamed.jpg(991.6 K)
unnamed2.jpg(550.0 K)

LOL, I keep clicking on pics hoping to see an angle I

Aug 22, 2015, 2:13 AM

like. I even find myself tilting my head to the side looking at it. It is just awful. There is nobody that hates to say that more than me, but I have to at least be honest with myself. When I see all of the project going op around the country and how nice they look, I really can't believe this is what we have. It is tacky, out of place, the whole outside even without the oculus was struggling in looks and then they add that as a big exclamation point. My dad is more refined than me and tries to look on the positive side. Even he said he has to admit it, "does nothing for him" and the he "hopes it will grow on him"

When people are on here saying, "you have to see it in person" and "it looks better than it photographs", or "maybe if they put some shrubs it will soften the look up", and even, someone said, "the outside does look like a kid with legos did it".

I mean let's all be real. If it looked great, we'd all be posting this thing all over the place and even spreading the new look on different websites.

Re: LOL, I keep clicking on pics hoping to see an angle I

Aug 22, 2015, 5:02 AM

At least we did not hang a big vinyl banner out like they did in Cootville.

True, that would be much worse.***

Aug 22, 2015, 11:41 AM

I can see why geezers wouldn't like it

Aug 22, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to LOL, I keep clicking on pics hoping to see an angle I ]

Good thing our recruits aren't taking ###### for performance enhancing drugs. The safe design is not always the best just because people feel the tradition is ruined with something with a newer look. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm sure a lot of wealthy boosters don't like it either, but I guarantee they won't stay at home Saturday's and stop donating due to Oculous aesthetics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold on. I'm a geezer and I think it looks awesome.***

Aug 22, 2015, 10:25 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic