Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just dont get it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I just dont get it.

Apr 30, 2013, 6:24 PM

How can the scouts put Bridgewater over Tajh in their "2013 Draft"? Teddy had a breakout year in 2012, Boyd put up back to back stellar seasons and he's the #2 QB? That shows me that Clemson still doesnt have some respect from people. I don't think Bridgewater is the best NFL QB this draft, it's clearly Boyd or McCarron from Bama. Bridgewater is not even the 2nd best in college football. #1 QB in college right now is Johnny Football, #2 Boyd #3 Bridgewater #4 McCarron #5 Murray. Don't get me wrong, if Johnny decides to come out I still dont think he's the best NFL QB, it's clearly Boyd. Especially after 2 productive seasons. Now its year number 3 for Mr. Boyd and I'm expecting big things from.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had to guess, I'd say because Bridgewater is

Apr 30, 2013, 6:27 PM

a little taller and a little faster.

Also, McCarron is not a franchise QB, as such

Apr 30, 2013, 6:41 PM

I can't imagine him going in the first round. He doesn't make many mistakes, but he's not a game changer. And I suppose the writer also recognizes that it's pretty easy to look good behind college football's best OL.

BINGO***

Apr 30, 2013, 6:45 PM [ in reply to If I had to guess, I'd say because Bridgewater is ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Tell em lies and feed em candy.

Apr 30, 2013, 6:28 PM

Sports writers aren't judged by their accuracy they are judged by the number of hits on their blogs. ESPN hypes somebody and the writers jump on the bandwagon for publicity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are "the scouts" in this scenario?***

Apr 30, 2013, 6:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This 1 right here smart ###

May 2, 2013, 12:40 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/22166940/2014-nfl-draft-early-top-50-draft-board

ok. i understand why you might be 'antsy', but gwp's

May 2, 2013, 9:41 AM

was an intelligent question that i'm fairly certain didn't warrant a personal attack.

you said "the scouts"; gwp simply asked for more information perhaps to formulate a later, more educated response.

savvy?

glancing over the info in the link provided it seems to offer 1 person's opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

being #2

Apr 30, 2013, 6:36 PM

Isnt lack of respect. It is one man's opinion. Dont get bent out of shape, not everyone in America is against Clemson.

Honestly, it's one dude's opinion

Apr 30, 2013, 6:43 PM

And he's just parroting the height preference for NFL quarterbacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCarron wouldn't be able to start for about 85% of college

Apr 30, 2013, 6:52 PM

teams, much less be one of the top QB's in next years draft. McCarron ain't that good he is just lucky to play behind the behemoth Oline that Bama along with their great RB's, and their great defense on the other side of the ball.

If you think McCarron is better than Bridgewater, then you really don't know football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McCarron wouldn't be able to start for about 85% of college

Apr 30, 2013, 7:22 PM

Really? You think that he can start for the best team in the country but not at 85% of colleges. As for Tajh, he will be just fine. Number 2 ain't shabby and as the poster above mentioned, Bridgewater has the height and speed flavor of the NFL right now.

Other things relatively equal, Tahj has the advantage in

May 2, 2013, 12:49 AM

durability. Les knows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McCarron wouldn't be able to start for about 85% of college

May 2, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to McCarron wouldn't be able to start for about 85% of college ]

Disagree completely. People like to hate on Bama just because they're Bama.

I get it. I'm tired of them winning all the time too, but it is what it is. They are the hands down best program in the land right now.

Their team is not setup to rely on an all-star QB. Their formula is win the line of scrimmage, wear down the opponent with a physical run game, then go over the top with play action passing.

Whoever their QB is only needs to be a game manager and not a game changer. I personally think McCarron has done an excellent job of that. And oh yeah, his GF is the hotness.

haters dont get it.***

May 2, 2013, 8:48 AM

Re: haters dont get it.***

May 2, 2013, 9:19 AM

There are questions about his accuracy, and he has struggled with picks at times. Bridewater is taller, has completed a higher percentage of his passes (without haveing Sammy Watkins and Nuk Hopkins at his disposal), and doesn't turn the ball over as much. I saw the tweet below earlier in the week which may be a reason, though I'm not saying this guy is right or wrong. Just an example of concerns that could be had.

Lance Zierlein ?@LanceZierlein 30 Apr

The move games of Andre Ellington and DeAndre Hopkins I watch, the more I realize how overrated Tajh Boyd is in some circles. #Accuracy

Who the heck is Lance Zierlein? Ask Les Miles. I've never

May 2, 2013, 9:43 AM

posted a LOL but it sure would be appropriate for this BS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who the heck is Lance Zierlein? Ask Les Miles. I've never

May 2, 2013, 9:47 AM

He's a local Houston sports guy, actually very knowledgeable. Again not saying right or wrong, but clearly people do see weaknesses, which every player does have.

Houston, huh? I guess he's pumping for somebody's agent.

May 2, 2013, 9:56 AM

I agree everybody has weaknesses, but a couple of % points on completions doesn't always equate to inaccuracy. SF thought Reid was good enough to take at #18 in the first round. I wonder what he would say about that throw to Hopkins in the back of the endzone or the 4th-and-16, for that matter.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

Re: I just dont get it.

May 2, 2013, 9:24 AM

I think Stoudt is a better QB than ANY SEC QB - including McCarron and anybody scar has. That's how good Boyd has become.

Re: I just dont get it.

May 2, 2013, 9:25 AM

Ok, so Stoudt is better than the Heisman trophy winning QB?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic