Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I imagine this will be the last year for ole big 10 commish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,211

I imagine this will be the last year for ole big 10 commish

Sep 11, 2020, 7:12 AM

Rightfully so! Although COVID 19 was running “RAMPID” ( I use that term loosely), the players have little to no concern about COVID 19! The players want to play and I imagine they along with the schools and coaches will have their say against him. This just goes to show that The athletes really don’t take COVID 19 seriously and never did. It’s even to the point now that Ryan Day (The biggest wuss on earth) is whining about it. Shocker right?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/president-trump-big-ten-commissioner-speak-about-potentially-playing-college-football-this-fall/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they'll throw game balls at him until he gets the hint

Sep 11, 2020, 7:40 AM

?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just took over this year, right?***

Sep 11, 2020, 7:57 AM

Re: I imagine this will be the last year for ole big 10 commish

Sep 11, 2020, 8:36 AM

It's pretty apparent the left-leaning school presidents in the Big 10 voted to pull the plug on football in hopes if would help ol' PedoJoe in the election. and the commissioner was more than happy to oblige. There are literally TV ads that show empty Big 10 stadiums and voice overs linking it to Trump. What is so epic is that some of the states where the schools are located are still allowing HS football to go on - like Ohio for example.

Big 10 commish cited a super sketchy german study related to myochardia (or something) saying permanent heart damage was possible from COVID if athletes over-exert themselves. That paper has been pretty thoroughly debunked. Yet get this, these same Big 10 athletes are still allowed to train, run gassers, max squat etc. basically do all the same "risky" stuff for their hearts the would do in a game. It is an absolute cluster and there are many at OSU, PSU and Nebraska talking about bailing on the conference. Most think the ACC would be the conference to join as our academics are up to their standards. (these clowns have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, but most of us know that already)

Re: I imagine this will be the last year for ole big 10 commish

Sep 11, 2020, 9:50 AM

I understand the commish has reserved a spot in Biden’s basement if things get ugly

Those universities had tens of millions of dollars at stake.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I imagine this will be the last year for ole big 10 commish ]

They didn't pull the plug on football to potentially sway some votes in the election.

Re: Those universities had tens of millions of dollars at stake.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:11 AM

You are only looking at one side of the money.

Think of all of the potential political donors that give to those schools on a regular basis.

There is the real potential that losing the football money meant getting to keep even more money from donors who are trying to play a different game.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic