Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maye: Tiger linebackers playing with chip on their shoulders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Aug 7, 2010, 10:34 AM

Linebacker Brandon Maye said his peers are using criticism as motivation as they prepare for the 2010 season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump's TigerPulse is at 69% ??***

Aug 7, 2010, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Crump's TigerPulse is at 69% ??***

Aug 7, 2010, 11:20 AM

Must be all the coot lurkers that are allowed to dirty up the board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Crump's TigerPulse is at 69% ??***

Aug 7, 2010, 5:58 PM

I would'nt say that, from the way they act, they act if tho they are Crump's budddddies. Shoot, G&B acts if tho him and Crump are roadies !!! I mean all of them are still on this board, whats up with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what position is Tig Willard playing?

Aug 7, 2010, 11:21 AM

he has an awesome name!

null

Re: what position is Tig Willard playing?

Aug 7, 2010, 11:25 AM

He's at will........appropriately enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope these stories are true

Aug 7, 2010, 11:29 AM

This is the first time I can ever remember thinking in the preseason, that SCAR clearly has the better team coming back. I hope they prove to be last year's version of Ole Miss. The Rebs were similar last year, they knocked off Florida in the swamp in 2008, had most of their players coming back, were ranked very high before the start of the season, but ended up dropping out of the polls.

I do not want to lose to the Gamecocks two years in a row in football, especially after what happened in baseball, the timing would be the worst ever for that to happen. This is what I want us to do to the Gamecocks. This an oldie, and most veterans on tigernet have probably seen it, but for those who have not, let's hope we do this to South Carolina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM

Re: I hope these stories are true

Aug 7, 2010, 11:34 AM

why would anyone ever think the coots are better than clemson. mind boggling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2010, 11:49 AM

Exactly. Coots suck.

Aug 7, 2010, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

Sunshine pumper alert! Come on, dude, Clemson is NOT going to be better than South Carolina, EVERY single year, it is impossible. We have been better than them way more times than not, but, there are some years where, believe it or not, they are actually better than us. I know it's so hard to comprehend that for some of you guys, but we are not talking about Clemson and Furman here, we are talking about Clemson and another division 1-A school, that gets a lot of support in this state. Even the most lopsided of 1-A teams in the same state, where one team is the little man, can have the little man being the better team once in a blue moon. In 2005 Vanderbilt beat Tennessee, and both teams finished 5-6 that year.

It is totally "mind boggling" to me, how you guys actually think that there is never, ever, ever, a year where South Carolina is the better team. Just totally unbelievable. When they beat us there is always an excuse. Last year we were "looking ahead" to GT. Yeah, if our players cannot get pumped coming into a standing room only atmosphere, where they are the hated team, and want to make them and their fans leave hanging their heads in shame when the game is over, then something is mentally wrong with our players.

South Carolina beat us last year, and have nearly that entire team coming back. We lost four of our five biggest weapons on offense in Spiller, Ford, Palmer, and Austin. We are totally unproven. Get real, people....

Aug 7, 2010, 11:54 AM

so, you think they were better than us last year. if so, i guess maryland was better also. the better team doesnt always win. we really need a bunch of more fans just like you.

Aug 7, 2010, 12:55 PM

No, it's fans like you that make a tool of Clemson fans on the national scene. I am through defending Clemson on other neutral message boards. Everyone has said for years that Clemson has a very delusional fan base, and I always told them it wasn't true. But after spending a lot of time on here recently, it is the freaking the truth.

And yes, at the end of the year I think South Carolina was not necessarily better than us, but about even. I knew the outcome of that game would come down to which team made the least mistakes. When Harper fumbled the ball deep in SCAR territory, preventing us from possibly going up 14-0, or 10-0, instead it ended up tied 7-7. We never could get the momentum back, or their crowd out of it after that.

We beat NOBODY last year, except for a slightly above average Miami team.
The rest:

Middle Tenn State--cupcake

Boston College--young team with injuries, and a coaching chaos in the off season, another easy win.

Wake forest--Ha!

Coastal Carolina--Yawn

Florida State--Horrible defense, barely got by Jacksonville State, and lost to South Florida. Nothing there!

NC State--Totally devestated by injuries by the time we played them, with a defense that was even worse than FSU's. Nothing!

UVA--Those losses to William & Mary and Duke put the fear of God in me when we played them, bwahahaha! And we still gave up more points to them, AT HOME, than William & Mary did.

Kentucky--Believe it or not, that was probably our second biggest win behind Miami. They were not that bad. They beat Auburn at Jordan Hare, and UGA in Athens. They also gave the Coots a much better game than us. That win was definitely our second biggest, and not far at all behind Miami from being the biggest.

South Carolina could have, and really should have knocked off UGA last year. They also had the top two teams in the nation, 'Bama and Florida, biting their finger nails in the fourth quarter. Clemson was nowhere near the level of Alabama and Florida.

Keep denying the obvious, though. I am so glad I do not see the world through orange colored glasses, and can look at things objectively. You can believe this or not, and you won't. But people like me actually make the Clemson fan base look much better than you. I do not say things that would make the entire nation snicker about.

Aug 7, 2010, 12:59 PM

wow, i will let others be the judge of that. didnt see your breakdown of where the coots are better than us. guess you were to busy telling everyone what a great fan you are by lowrating the team you supposedly pull for.

Aug 7, 2010, 1:08 PM

So you really believe we beat some great teams last year? Is that what you are saying? I cannot name one great team we beat. We beat a couple of good teams, in Miami and Kentucky.

I did break down South Carolina, to a certain extent. They beat Ole Miss and Kentucky, for their two biggest wins. I guess I would say we were about the same level as Ole Miss, so you can add Clemson in there. You do not always have to beat a team to look good. When South Carolina had the Florida and 'Bama games in doubt late in the second half, that looked pretty impressive to me. Just because they lost does not mean you ignore the fact that they PLAYED with the top two teams in the land at one point last year, and those teams had to fight to beat them. I will say the same about Clemson against TCU last year. TCU was one of the better teams in the country, and we had a chance at the end, so that, to me, was just as impressive as beating FSU and BC.

Who would have guessed?

Aug 7, 2010, 1:55 PM

You're a moral victory guy.

Alumnus of.........USuCk?

Aug 9, 2010, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

Sorry dude. There's a diff between giving the game away to a 3-win team with sloppiness and getting our butts completely kicked by a team that had, for the most part, as good a year as we did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Aug 7, 2010, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

Clemson is ALWAYS better than USC! Even if they beat us by 49 points, we are still better. Period. end of story.

Aug 7, 2010, 12:39 PM

i will give the coots the wide receiver position because we have some unknowns but i challenge anyone to show me where they are better at any other position on the field.

Hopefully, you are talking about.....

Aug 7, 2010, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

....Just school pride in general. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your school, and saying you are the best, win or lose. But there is a huge difference in actually believing that every single year, Clemson always has the better football team. If you actually believe the latter, then you made need to see a sports therapist, no joke. We really do deserve to be one of the most laughed at fan bases in the country, if you guys actually believe some of things you say....

Re: Hopefully, you are talking about.....

Aug 7, 2010, 1:07 PM

wow, just wow. you must be quite a guy.

Just see reality

Aug 7, 2010, 1:14 PM

I want to make Clemson, and the Clemson fan base look respectable. When a person can admit the truth about things, and not make excuses and sugar coat, they are going to be much more respected than those that don't. I want Clemson nation to look good. When we say things like, we are going to be 10-2 this year, or, we have been the better team against South Carolins since the beginning of time, it makes us look foolish. When I post on neutral message boards, and speak reality, I get a lot of respect from other fan bases, and they start saying good things about Clemson. When people that do not see reality and post garbage, they laugh and try every way they can to poke fun at Clemson. I want to make us look good, not foolish, period. If you don't like that, then I cannot help you there.

Re: Just see reality

Aug 7, 2010, 1:17 PM

guess english is a second language to you. my question was very simple. except receiver, where are the coots better tan us. should be real easy for someone with as much #### envy as you have.

Aug 7, 2010, 1:58 PM

wow, just wow. you must be quite a guy.

Ummmmm, that is what I responded too, dude. South Carolina has a proven QB, and what looks to be a good back up QB, proven receivers, a proven running back, and one of the top running backs in the nation coming in, but he is unproven, like many of our players, so I am not counting him as a beast just yet. Alshon Jeffrey, Wesley Saunders, many quality starters on defense, especially their secondary. They do not have any huge star players like a CJ Spiller, but they are bringing back a team that has college game day EXPERIENCE, that proved last year they could hang with the nation's best. If their offensive line improves dramatically, which was a weak spot last year, then they could be dangerous. If not, I still see them with a better record and team, due to EXPERIENCE and two members of the SEC East, UGA and Tenn, both beind down at the same time, for the first time in many years. The SCAR/Florida game could possibly decide the East, as long as they beat UGA and UT, which they should be favored to do. But I do not see them going into the swamp and pulling it off. The stars are lined up right for them this year to possibly be a huge threat to win the East. If they do not do it this year, it likely will not be done any time soon.

Clemson lost four of its five biggest players on offense. On paper, we have recruited good players, but we have absolutely no clue how good our offense may be. We really do not truly know just how good Kyle Parker really is. His stats were good last year, because he had two huge playmakers on offense in Jacoby Ford and CJ Spiller, and he played against a lot of pitiful defenses. This year will tell how good he really is, but even if he is the real deal, this will likely be his last year in a Clemson uniform.

On defense Clemson looks to be improved, and the defense will be the key this year. They are going to have to play well, especially at the start of the season, to help out our inexperienced offense.

Just another example of a delusional Clemson fan you just showed yourself to be, but saying I have Gamecock envy. I am a good sport, and will tip my hat to my rival, even though I hate them, if they have a good team. I do not go along with bad sportsmanship and making excuses and cursing them just because you hate them. I give credit where credit is due.

Aug 7, 2010, 8:44 PM

CUTiger02, just shut up. No Clemson fan would sit here and pump up a bunch of loser coots, while simultaneously trashing Clemson. Are you stupid? Do you think any Clemson fans value your "objectivity"? Just go away, child.

GO TIGERS! PERIOD!

Aug 7, 2010, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Just see reality ]

So attempting to #### off Clemson fans is supposed to make Clemson nation look better? There is reality, and then there is whatever you look at.

Aug 7, 2010, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully, you are talking about..... ]

Can someone please remove the stick from CUTiger02's rear quarters? I have never seen a Clemson fan so vehemently argue against Clemson.

Aug 7, 2010, 1:18 PM

please, cant you see he is doing it for the good of clemson.

Aug 7, 2010, 1:20 PM

oh yeah, For the Glory of Clemson Nation!

Aug 7, 2010, 2:05 PM

We can talk about ten win seasons and stuff when it actually starts HAPPENING. I do not put the cart before the horse. We have not won ten games since the first George Bush was in office. If you are a VT fan, you have earned the right to go on message boards and predict ten win seaons and conference titles, because it is something they have EARNED. They have EARNED peoples' respect, we have not.

Some of you are completely blind, just completely blind to reality. You make Clemson look like a bunch of morons. Go over to the rivals.com main board, or one of the ACC message boards and post what you post on here. See what kind of responses you get. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Or are you too skeered to leave tigernet because you are afraid the boogie man may be on a neurtal board, and tell you things you do not want to hear? I would say that is the case.....

One last thing, Crump, please delete

Aug 7, 2010, 2:31 PM

I am done with this thread, you cannot argue with people in denial. I hope Crump deletes this thread. You guys get so mad when writers like Greg Doyle writes garbage about Clemson. Do you know why that happens? Because they read threads like this, and see more people in denial, than people not in denial. Do you think they make a trip to Tiger Town Tavern and ask Clemson fans in person their opinions of Clemson football? It's things like this that causes us to be a laughing stock. Do not cry when writers write negative things about Clemson.

Aug 7, 2010, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully, you are talking about..... ]

why do we need to go to other boards when we have you over there making us look so good, or should i say not so bad. thanks for all the fine things you do for clemson.

Aug 9, 2010, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Hopefully, you are talking about..... ]

Dude, you can't win. I've noticed that the average Tiger Internet goof is not the average Tiger fan. You can't say anything based in reality here without getting completely attacked. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative either. If you want to argue with the retards of the Clemson fan base, this is the perfect place to do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

You were right on that one

Nov 13, 2010, 10:59 PM

I never should have even gotten in this argument back then. I saw the possibility of this coming, and it was the worst thing I wanted to admit. If anything good came out of this thread, maybe some people will learn from it, but, probably not.

This is the post of the year***

Nov 14, 2010, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully, you are talking about..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should be one of the threads of the year

Nov 14, 2010, 12:30 AM

Maybe people will learn from it.

don't hold your breath on deroberts

Nov 14, 2010, 12:31 AM

the entire purpose of his existence is to come on tigernet and insult people. In fact, if you look at his post history, that is ALL that he does. He offers no original thoughts, he rarely even mentions anything about football. His posts are always just attacks and insults on other posters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't hold your breath on deroberts

Nov 14, 2010, 12:41 AM

thanks uttles, my life revolves around your scintillating commentary of our woes.

Re: don't hold your breath on deroberts

Nov 14, 2010, 11:27 AM

I just don't understand how I was "trashing the team" in August, yet, I have seen some extremely hateful things said on here after losses. I am still waiting on an explanation.

Aug 7, 2010, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

So you're saying that the coots could have beat Fla.st and Miami that we played last year. I really don't think so !!!!

Because on paper they are.***

Aug 7, 2010, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

There's something in these hills.

Aug 7, 2010, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope these stories are true ]

Read what i just said, they are not better !!!

I KNOW - the way SCU took care of UCONN has me shakin'***

Aug 7, 2010, 5:02 PM [ in reply to I hope these stories are true ]

Aug 7, 2010, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I hope these stories are true ]

You worry to much about the coots. Lets just worry about our team as a whole. And if you think that the coots were better than us last year. I say they were not, and just b/c the score had them ahead with points. They was'nt better than us. I don't care what anyone says, the coots were handed that game. And momma said there would be days like that. I've never been convinced they won it !!!

I'll feel better about them....

Aug 7, 2010, 3:35 PM

...when I see GT have a few three and outs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Aug 7, 2010, 3:38 PM

They should, SCU embarrassed them.***

Aug 7, 2010, 3:40 PM

There's something in these hills.

Yeah the whole team should... losing to them like that was

Aug 7, 2010, 6:20 PM

pathetic. They were in the middle of a collapse and we took a dump and ruined everything.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The defense has done their job

Nov 14, 2010, 12:26 AM

I will not let this thread go. I was trashed to pieces at what I feared was coming, and it's worse than expected. I was "trashing the team," "pumping up the coots," but no one on here is trashing the team now, right?

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic