Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Brownell excited about Blossomgame, Coleman, and signing of big men
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Brownell excited about Blossomgame, Coleman, and signing of big men

May 20, 2013, 10:33 AM

Brownell excited about Blossomgame, Coleman, and signing of big men

Clemson head coach Brad Brownell signed two 6-10 big men in the recent recruiting class, and also welcomes back Jaron Blossomgame and Devin Coleman from injury. When does he think Blossomgame and Coleman will be back? What does he say about the big men? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Brownell excited about Blossomgame, Coleman, and signing of big men

May 20, 2013, 10:48 AM

I too will be excited if we:
- stop getting pushed around inside
- can start making free throws
- reduce t/o's

I believe in BB, but dang, last season was a bi-atch to watch. It will take some good wins to get those images out of my mind. Good luck Brad.

Re: Front Page Story: Brownell excited about Blossomgame, Coleman, and signing of big men

May 20, 2013, 3:22 PM

I don't remember being too upset about the number of turnovers.
The timing of them seemed to be awful.

I think we had one game where we only had six turnovers and still lost!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2013, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Brownell excited about Blossomgame, Coleman, and signing of big men ]

You left out perhaps the most important part of the game.
It's called making baskets.

Italy?

May 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

what's going on in Italy?

Re: Italy?

May 20, 2013, 11:13 AM

There's a new Pope. Lots of people talking while waving their hands around. Lots of really old buildings still there.

bought tickets to the wrong Florence

May 20, 2013, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Italy? ]

decided to take the team anyway. Fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C&p from the Orange and White

May 20, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Italy? ]

Clemson hoops will get early start on 2013-14 with summer trip to Italy
10-day tour will include games against four professional teams, 10 extra practice days

By Kerry Capps

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Clemson men's basketball team will be getting an early start this summer.

The Tigers will leave August 8 for a 10-day tour Italy, which will include games against four Italian professional teams.

Under NCAA rules, Brad Brownell's team will get 10 practices prior to the trip.

A recent study has shown that international travel, which is permitted once every four seasons, has a significant positive impact for the teams taking advantage of the opportunity.

A sample of 27 teams that took international tours between 2006 and 2010 showed that they won, on average, two more games than in the season preceding the trip.

The international experience is particularly valuable for teams blending newcomers into their core lineup groups.

If freshmen are declared eligible by the NCAA and complete summer school classes, they’re allowed to practice and compete on the trip.

Clemson has four newcomers arriving this summer: freshmen Sidy Djitte, Patrick Rooks and Austin Ajukwa, plus junior college center Ibrahim Djambo. Also, the Tigers have a redshirt freshman, Jaron Blossomgame, who has practiced with the team, but has not yet played, and a sophomore, Devin Coleman, who will be working his way back into the mix after missing all of last season with an Achilles tendon injury.

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2013/may/14/clemson-hoops-will-get-early-start-2013-14-summer/?print=1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Cool! Thanks for the update***

May 20, 2013, 12:43 PM

Re: I'd be excited

May 20, 2013, 11:38 AM

if we ever made a free throw. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope these guys can come in and contribute

May 20, 2013, 4:01 PM

To my memory, we havent had much luck with tall foreign players in the last 20 yrs or more.

Re: I hope these guys can come in and contribute

May 20, 2013, 4:20 PM

Bobo could've been very good with 5 years under this staff instead of 2.

May 20, 2013, 9:10 PM

If they are both project players we will be in trouble once again.

May 20, 2013, 9:26 PM

What bigs do we normally get that are not project players?

Grant? Sykes? Bobo? Sharod Ford? Younger Book?

Of our Big men the past 5-8 years we have had ONE that came in not as a full project. That was Trevor Booker.

Not sure why some of you struggle to get that through your skulls. We are not Duke or UNC we have zero tradition and an arena that ranks near the bottom of the league. We will not recruit on their level until we actually show we give a #### about Clemson Basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Akingbala had a very nice senior year

May 21, 2013, 6:17 PM [ in reply to I hope these guys can come in and contribute ]

we haven't had many foreign bigs. Bobo, Mohammed Woni, I don't consider Iturbe a big. Jurkunas either as they were perimeter players. Whatever the guys name who stayed 4 years under Purnell(Petrokonis?) was a bust.

Anyone else worried about Blossomgame?

May 20, 2013, 11:29 PM

I really hope he comes back 100% but it seems to be taking longer than coach projected.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic