Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB update (don’t read if you don’t care)....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

KB update (don’t read if you don’t care)....

Dec 3, 2018, 8:19 PM

@PardonMyTake: Per sources, former Clemson QB Kelly Bryant is expected to announce tomorrow that he is transferring to Arkansas, per sources, barring a last-second change of heart, according to sources familiar with his decision

Twitter post just now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to 4-8, maybe 5-7 record KB

Dec 3, 2018, 8:21 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB update (don’t read if you don’t care)....

Dec 3, 2018, 8:31 PM

That can't be? Even with the transfer announced today, they have 4 Qb's on the roster for next year. KB will have to compete and if he loses what will he do then? ????

we gonna laugh, it will be a slap in the face that he earned***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: KB update (don’t read if you don’t care).... ]

He will start at Arkansas. They are awful from top to bottom. He won’t have any competition no matter how many QBs are on roster.

he aint going anywhere without being promised

Dec 3, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: KB update (don’t read if you don’t care).... ]

the starting job

Dec 3, 2018, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: KB update (don’t read if you don’t care).... ]

I doubt any of them are the best QB recruit in the last 20 years but hey let's throw shade on a kid that helped us win an ACC title and go to the playoffs.

KB is a solid top level QB with an upside in the Chad's

Dec 3, 2018, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: KB update (don’t read if you don’t care).... ]

playcalling. Think Woody. Chad would have KB on his feet quite a bit, though.

Clemson's offense has moved beyond with our ridiculous deep weapons scattered all over the field - so our QB position has evolved some to fit, and seemingly headed that way with roster and recruiting. Bryant brings years of Clemson prep plus a LOT of talent, athleticism, and yes, leadership to any mix. There might be 25 teams that KB wouldn't win the starting gig for next year, but Arky isn't one of them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of luck to KB, always a Tiger....some other QB gonna...

Dec 3, 2018, 8:32 PM

...get a slap in the face though.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:34 PM

I kinda figured that after I seen Cole Kelley is transferring from Arkansas today. The Chad must have informed him that Kelly B was on his way to Arkansas.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:44 PM

" I seen " wow

Dec 3, 2018, 9:03 PM

I don't come to TNet for the grammar... Move along troll.

saw***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: KB update (don’t read if you don’t care).... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: saw***

Dec 3, 2018, 11:11 PM

I couldn’t care less that I used seen instead of saw. It’s a Football Forum.

I hope he isn't going to take the starting job

Dec 3, 2018, 8:37 PM

from someone who has paid their dues at Arkansas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What does he do if he does not win the starting job?

Dec 3, 2018, 8:42 PM

If he doesn't I'll bet his lip is poked out so far, he could walk back to South Carolina on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he isn't going to take the starting job

Dec 3, 2018, 8:48 PM [ in reply to I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

Why do you imbeciles not bash other QB’s that have transferred from the program over lack of PT?

Dec 3, 2018, 8:51 PM

Because they didn't trash the coach & the program 9n their way out the door

They also didn't transfer (quit) in the middle of the season

Dec 3, 2018, 9:06 PM

I think “trash” is a bit of an exaggeration and Dabo made the decision when he did so Kelly could transfer if he wanted to....now he’s a POS for taking advantage of a rule that actually benefits the student athlete for a change?

You got owned, troll.***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:20 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Tell 'em u5c coot

Dec 3, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

Dec 4, 2018, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

Dabo did NOT make the decision when he did so “KB could transfer if he wanted to”.

Dabo made if very clear that the idea of KB transferring never crossed his mind.

The timing was based on the performance of both QB’s in the GT game. It was very obvious, that in that game at least, TL had passed KB in performance, so Dabo named TL the starter FOR THE NEXT GAME, not the season.

KB should have done the right thing and stuck it out like Hurts. He would have played in the very next game.

Let's call it what it is....

Dec 5, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

All bias aside - the man trashed the coach and the program on his way out the door in the middle of the season. Those are the facts, Jack

those QBs didn't claim they weren't given a fair shot and

Dec 3, 2018, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

That it was a slap in the face that they weren't starting to a newspaper. pretty simple really.

I don't mind one bit that KB transferred.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

But I do mind that he did so in such a disrespectful manner. No need to bash the coaches on his way out, and claim that he didn't get a fair shake. That's ridiculous.

For all he said about "paying his dues," we'll see how he feels about possibly taking someone else's job who "paid his dues" at Arkansas for the last few years. I'm guessing he doesn't care, because KB is all about himself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't mind one bit that KB transferred.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:19 PM

How do you know whether he got a fair shake or not?

There are plenty of fans who believe Dabo made the wrong decision at the time after what KB did at Texas A&M.

It’s definitely not outside the realm of possibility that KB was slighted a little bit by the coaching staff. It happens.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:11 PM

Jhop, did you watch any of the games? You’d see the one being slighted was TL by lack of playing time. When he was in he was spectacular. That’s why he won the starting job. Did KB do some good things, yes he did. TL was just that much better. No slight involved in best player plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't mind one bit that KB transferred. ]

I agree but I do believe he and Dabo made the right decision. I wouldn't be shocked if he was told he would start and if he did well he would be the man this year. I don't think he did anything to deserve losing his job but I'm glad he did and I am glad TL earned the starting spot. I, as the rest of you, am a fan and want what is best for the team. KB ofcourse wants what is best for Clemson but he felt like he was the best option and he felt like he go slapped in the face. He lead us to victory against A&M and then gets his spot taken the next week. He can go be the man somewhere else while Clemson can have the future with TL start earlier than expected. Why is it wrong for him to leave and not continue to create a qb controversy. He has every right to feel like he had his job taken from him by the coaches when he believe it shouldn't have been. He is a good kid and felt like this was his team to lead to get redemption and win a Natty. Nothing wrong with him being hurt and feeling bitter. It has worked out for Clemson. I, and hopefully all of you, hope it works out for KB as well.

So the kid was butthurt for a few days and said some things.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:07 AM [ in reply to I don't mind one bit that KB transferred. ]

Could it have worked out any better than it has since? For everybody?

Live and let live. He paid his dues here and has a degree. He is free to move about the country.

Maybe some kid somewhere who thinks he's paid his dues gets owned by KB and then really learns what it means to pay his dues and turns into a real dues paying dude from there?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:51 PM [ in reply to I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

Arkansas quarterback announced on Twitter today he is transferring.

On another note, Walt says he has heard from someone who knows Kelly that barring a last minute change he isn’t going to Arkansas.

Who cares at this point.

No, that wouldn't be fair at all.***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:51 PM [ in reply to I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

Dec 3, 2018, 11:18 PM [ in reply to I hope he isn't going to take the starting job ]

Did any of them take their team to the playoffs this year? Asking for a friend.

Do they really need to say per sources more than once?***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:40 PM

If chad thinks he is going to run him like Tajh

Dec 3, 2018, 8:47 PM

I think he will be disappointed. Bryant doesn’t appear as durable as Tajh was. KB is a heck of a scrambler, but I don’t think he can take the hits like Tajh did.

Re: If chad thinks he is going to run him like Tajh

Dec 3, 2018, 8:53 PM

Boyd had a good arm as well. He’d sometimes make questionable decisions, but he threw a good ball IMO.

No doubt, and I did not mean to imply otherwise

Dec 3, 2018, 10:17 PM

I think Tajh set quite a few passing records. I just recall Tajh having to run ball at goal line or short yardage. I don’t think Bryant is as good at short yardage running or throwing as Tajh. Kelly is a heck of a scrambler though.

Before Tajh, we couldn’t buy a 3rd and 1 first down rush***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This makes sense because

Dec 3, 2018, 8:48 PM

He is familiar.
Similar approach.
Believes in Chad's system.
Chance to kick start something.
Could open the door to come back and be a part of the place, more so than one and done other teams.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:06 PM

Pardon my take is a barstool sports podcast that is just as focused on humor as it is sports. Don’t think that is reliable info.

Who knows though. Sounds possible with a transfer from one of their QBs

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arkansas has always been the best fit for him

Dec 3, 2018, 9:22 PM

lowly program, can "guarantee" him a starting job as he knows Morris system, can implement on a dime's prpp, which is what he will have. Stopgap, but will help Arkansas transition out of the extreme margins into middling mediocrity.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:24 PM

ClemTig® said:

@PardonMyTake: Per sources, former Clemson QB Kelly Bryant is expected to announce tomorrow that he is transferring to Arkansas, per sources, barring a last-second change of heart, according to sources familiar with his decision

Twitter post just now.

Not going to Arkansas

Dec 3, 2018, 9:27 PM

Can't we just be happy that a back up can potentially turn another program around???

Auburn***.***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:49 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic