Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope I am wrong , but i suspect that Gary's visit is......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I hope I am wrong , but i suspect that Gary's visit is......

Jan 29, 2016, 9:09 AM

more about visiting his uncle than about visiting Clemson , judging by a couple of his comments. I hope he at least stays on campus for the weekend. However, lets not lose sight that this is still already a great recruiting year for us , whether we get him or not . With that being said , all i hope is that the young man keeps his eyes and mind open this weekend and gives us a chance. Too bad he did not visit for a game day experience...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 birds***

Jan 29, 2016, 9:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope I am wrong , but i suspect that Gary's visit is......

Jan 29, 2016, 9:12 AM

Kinda the whole argument for him to attend, close to family no?

Jan 29, 2016, 9:21 AM

Don't underestimate the power of Dabo, Venables, the complete staff, the player hosts, the school, and the campus. How could anyone say no to that, if they're a fit. Which team would he have a better chance of winning championships? Which team would better prepare him for the next level? Which team would prepare him for life? Which coaching staff has integrity? Which school has better weather? Which school is closer to home? Which school is closer to two major cities? Which school is closer to Myrtle Beach? How could he say no?

Jan 29, 2016, 9:25 AM

Misspelled Charleston *

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 29, 2016, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope I am wrong , but i suspect that Gary's visit is...... ]

Did you just imply that Clemson being closer to myrtle beach is going to help him decide?

Re: It depends on what you tell them. I have a friend from

Jan 29, 2016, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope I am wrong , but i suspect that Gary's visit is...... ]

western Pennsylvania who was recruited by Coach Moore in the 70s. He was not well versed in geography Moore got him to visit Clemson by telling him that Clemson was only 30 minutes from the beach. After visiting here he went to NC State where the coaches laughed at him when he told them what Moore had told him. Because they laughed and teased him, he told them where to take it. We did not get him but he still laughs about his naivete.

Turning R Gary

Jan 29, 2016, 9:23 AM

Could you imagine if R. Gary walked into the Clemson locker room and spread around the room sitting at lockers with their heads down as if tired from a work out are former Clemson stars... Spiller, Watkins, Hopkins, Beasly, Boyd and maybe another D-lineman in the League. And each in turn looks up and speak to RG about how Clemson impacted them as men in all of life and prepared them for more than they ever imagined. Deal sealed (especially if momma is there)

Six to midnight, buddy.***

Jan 29, 2016, 9:26 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slow morning.***

Jan 29, 2016, 9:28 AM

Not anymore.***

Jan 29, 2016, 9:31 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2016, 9:23 AM

Just how big a'fan are ya , boi ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 29, 2016, 9:24 AM

Shows the value that he places on family, and they may be our Ace in the hole.

Jan 29, 2016, 9:25 AM

Also, the quality young men who will be his teammates! If Clemson can't flip him, nobody can. Come to Clemson, Mr. Gary, you will never regret it! If you choose to go elsewhere, best of luck to you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2016, 9:28 AM

Imagine how Oregon and the real USC feel every year. Those spots seem like the Goto vacation spots for recruits. Talk about being used...

It's clear family is important to him and his mom is #1

Jan 29, 2016, 9:30 AM

Who does and promotes family better than Clemson? You know he loves that fact that even though his mom lives far away, if he comes to Clemson and his mom wants to come down for a game, he never has to worry about her having a place to stay or transportation because her brother is right there. I don't know if there can be a better selling point for a guy like him.

Jan 29, 2016, 9:42 AM

That's simply disrespectful of him and his family. Stick to song-writing....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All part of the plan my man.***

Jan 29, 2016, 9:56 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That first sentence may be an indication that you

Jan 29, 2016, 11:54 AM

are overly thinking about this kid's motivation. I think it is a plus for Clemson that his uncle lives nearby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU SIR ARE A DIRTY GAMECOCK***

Jan 29, 2016, 12:11 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic