Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period

Jan 30, 2019, 3:49 PM

Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period

CLEMSON – A source within Clemson’s athletic department told TigerNet Wednesday morning that over 50 different football players were tested for PED’s from April Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now here's some reporting I can get behind. good job Tnet***

Jan 30, 2019, 3:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s exactly what Big Dex told the media in the immediate aftermath***

Jan 30, 2019, 4:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed! Great job Tnet!***

Jan 30, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to now here's some reporting I can get behind. good job Tnet*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: now here's some reporting I can get behind. good job Tnet***

Jan 30, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to now here's some reporting I can get behind. good job Tnet*** ]

You are exactly right. This is the kind of reporting and on the actions by the school that I have been waiting on. I just wish the school had been a little quicker to just say what they were doing to find the source of the Osterine. For about two weeks we did not know anything.

Re: now here's some reporting I can get behind. good job Tnet***

Jan 31, 2019, 5:41 PM

I know that as soon as those test came back positive Dabo had everything contained, especially rehab area and any protein shakes they had. He would turn that place upside down to make sure it didn’t come in a tainted product the school had. I never felt that they were sitting on their hands with this

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I hope Grace Raynor reads and quotes this, she has been

Jan 30, 2019, 4:00 PM

writing a series of long articles for Post and Courier, picked up by Sludge and who know who else. She gets paid by the word. They are detrimental, and have not mentioned the word "trace" that I have seen once. She is making Clemson look like a PED enhanced school. I think she ought to be banned from campus, unless she picks up this article and make big apology in next article.

Re: I hope Grace Raynor reads and quotes this, she has been

Jan 30, 2019, 4:55 PM

Consider the source!! She knows who signs her checks.

Probably because the word trace actually isnt relevant

Jan 30, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I hope Grace Raynor reads and quotes this, she has been ]

Trace amounts present at the time of testing does not mean only trace amounts were consumed, only that trace amounts were still present at the time of testing. The body processes these substances and the amount left decreases over time. The fact that trace amounts were present doesn't make the players any more or less guilty. All that matters it that they were over the required threshold to trigger a positive test.

I'm not saying that the players are guilty of intentionally taking ostarine, but directing your anger at Grace Raynor for simply reporting the news is silly, and attempting to block her access to the program would only make the program look much, much worse. You want to turn this relatively small story into a massive media sh*tstorm, that's exactly how to do it.

The problem is she is turning it into a media event

Jan 30, 2019, 10:33 PM

maybe not "massive" yet but the more she reports on it and the more media picks it up, then it could turn massive. However, I concede your point not to ban her, to give her more pr, unless it does turn into that massive media event anyway.

I have no problem with anything Grace Raynor has written

Jan 31, 2019, 10:17 AM

She's not responsible for any bad publicity that this brings on Clemson - that lies on the players and/or the staff, but not her. If she starts fabricating news to put in her columns, sure, but until then she has every right to report on this story.

Now i did have a bit of an issue with Sapakoff's column earlier in the week. Again, he didn't do anything outside of his rights as a journalist and he shouldn't be banned from the team or anything crazy like that, but i didn't like the way he framed his article to make it sound like 15% of our team failed a drug test and subtly (or maybe not so subtly) implied that the staff might have to something to hide by not testing the rest of the team in an effort to find the source.

BUT:i didn't like the way he framed his article to make...

Jan 31, 2019, 12:06 PM

A BIG BUT, "but i didn't like the way he framed his article to make it sound like 15% of our team failed a drug test and subtly (or maybe not so subtly) implied that the staff might have to something to hide by not testing the rest of the team in an effort to find the source."

Re: I hope Grace Raynor reads and quotes this, she has been

Jan 31, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to I hope Grace Raynor reads and quotes this, she has been ]

Wait.. people actually read that garbage? P&C and The State are on the same level

It’s like Dex said they take tests all the time.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:05 PM

People who are trying to insinuate that Clemson has a bunch of players taking PEDs conveniently overlook this fact. The players who popped positive got suspended immediately by Clemson as they should have been whether they took them knowingly or not.

Hopefully we get to the bottom of this and find out that our players did not do this intentionally. While they should be suspended for the playoff if they are innocent I hope Galloway and the other guy are reinstated so they can play next year.

Re: TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period

Jan 30, 2019, 4:14 PM

I don't know when those guys were re-tested, but I hope that it was close to the date that the NCAA test were given, or they will just say that their system had a chase for the drug to move out bc your body disposes of everything you put in it within a few days with the exception of THC that usually can stay in your system for 30 days bc THC stores in a persons fat tissue, and I'm sure there are other things that does the same. Some like cocaine is out of your system within 72 hours!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period

Jan 30, 2019, 5:08 PM

Yeah, you're right. My ex-girlfriend's photo is stored in my fat tissue, and there seems to be no legal relief available. I could lose the fat, but getting fatter is much more fun. So I guess we are bound together forever, and she continues to become increasingly obese (now approaching 350). I have appealed to Robert Mueller for an investigation, and was hopeful until she threatened to sit on him, and he backed off. A hopeful note: I have encouraged her to take up ocean swimming as a form of healthy exercise, hoping that she will be eaten by a shark.

Jan 30, 2019, 6:01 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you just said other than to know it is stupid!

Can we have this Source contact The Post and Courier?

Jan 30, 2019, 4:17 PM

Should we all send them an email?

Re: Can we have this Source contact The Post and Courier?

Jan 30, 2019, 5:10 PM

Yes, absolutely and if you like please list me as a co-sponsor.

Re: Can we have this Source contact The Post and Courier?

Jan 30, 2019, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Can we have this Source contact The Post and Courier? ]

Can we add The State to that list as well?

Is The State running these negative articles also?***

Jan 30, 2019, 10:35 PM

Re: Is The State running these negative articles also?***

Jan 31, 2019, 6:44 PM

To be honest with you, I don’t think they are (don’t really know to be honest). Considering their inherent bias, it won’t surprise me if they start doing so

Jan 30, 2019, 4:22 PM

If I were Clemson, I would have all of our athletes provided a second sample at the same time or as close to it as possible that same day, when a sample is provided to the NCAA. This way, the University can have the second sample tested by an independent source to see if it matched the NCAA's sample result.

Testing the same sample twice is likely to provide the same results. I do agree that if the second test on the same sample came out clean, then that removes the first positive test.

Jan 30, 2019, 5:11 PM

Great post. I agree.

I like this idea...they also have to put in place...

Jan 30, 2019, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period ]

...STRONG SECURITY measures and anonymity to protect these SECOND samples, letting the NCAA KNOW AT THE TIME OF THE SAMPLE SUBMISSION, that there are SECOND samples being held SAFE & SECURE.

THIS would be a DETERRENT to the saboteurs that would consider messing with the submitted samples.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: I like this idea...they also have to put in place...

Jan 30, 2019, 7:58 PM

The NCAA would never give those second samples the time of day in the method you describe. The University could ask the NCAA
if they would take a third and fourth sample and hand it over to a lab chosen by Clemson with the lab testing rep. present to receive sample from NCAA at time of sample withdrawal.

There would have to be a very tight chain of custody protocol in place that would with stand a court challenge by the NCAA or anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to know which subcontracting lab did initial tests.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:28 PM

Name of the lab and where it is located...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...I hope that CDS is pushing for this info through...

Jan 30, 2019, 5:21 PM

...Clemson's attorneys.

I'd love to see a criminal indictment come down out of this. I will not say, where, I think that ending path will lead, but I have my suspicions.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Jan 30, 2019, 4:30 PM

I would ask for two follow up questions that might help: 1. Was Dex one of the 50 or so randomly tested throughout this season (may not be able to answer for privacy reasons but I bet Dex would be willing to disclose)? 2. Is the test conducted by Clemson looking for the same things/same level as the NCAA test that revealed the Ostarine trace or is it a more basic and therefore less costly test to run?

Jan 30, 2019, 4:41 PM

My guess is that this will never be explained. I’m sure the players got this into their system accidentally and to find the source will be extremely difficult if not impossible to prove. It’s something that we will have to live with but hopefully measures can be taken to reduce it happening again. The possibility of creams or hair tonics or a similar source would be a tough thing to prove.

Dex said in his interview he gets tested all the time.

Jan 30, 2019, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period ]

Deleted because statement was incorrect.

Message was edited by: TennesseeLadyTiger®

Re: Dex said in his interview he gets tested all the time.

Jan 30, 2019, 5:42 PM

That’s not correct. It says 50+ were tested over the course of the season. We have more than 50 players, especially counting mascots, video crew, etc as is stated in the TNET article.

Re: Dex said in his interview he gets tested all the time.

Jan 30, 2019, 5:47 PM

Maybe so....i got the impression that the 50+ were the random ones. I maybe have misunderstood.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:40 PM

I saw the Post and Courier article and did not appreciate the subtle idea that the program is trying to hide something. I am glad that this issue has been addressed and "journalists" can stop trying to create a scandal.

Feel like a pissant now, Gene Sapakoff?

Jan 30, 2019, 5:06 PM

You should.

Good input...I've been waiting to hear SOMETHING...

Jan 30, 2019, 5:16 PM

It sounds like the CUAD is staying on top of this..

As I have stated previously, I believe that this was most likely sample mishandling by the NCAA, with a likely SABOTAGE of the samples.

I know it sounds too conspiracy theory and all, but a program like Clemson's, the integrity, character, success, coaching staff, and yes, the Christian influence that permeates the program, is too much for some people to handle. We have seen the extent to which people will go to ruin something great, honest, and an example of "doing it the right way" as HR said.

I'll be satisfied if they indeed find out if there was something that got tainted in the supplements given through and unbeknownst to the AD staff, but I think there is something more sinister lurking here.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Good input...I've been waiting to hear SOMETHING...

Jan 30, 2019, 5:34 PM

Why would you ‘tinker’ with samples from two guys who likely were not going to play. Did we ever hear the names of the other players sampled.? There really is no good explanation for this as I see it. We also never learned why our opponent had players who weren’t allowed to play. Did I miss that?

Jan 30, 2019, 5:40 PM

You would "tinker" with those two guys who were not going to play, to cover the fact that you had spiked the sample of one VERY important starting player. I am jaded enough about todays world that I could easily believe it happened just that way. I really hope not, because if that is the case, all the stuff we sent off for testing will not show up anything. But, that would be another kind of answer in itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"D. Lawrence... and then the first 2 guys from the 'G's..."***

Jan 30, 2019, 6:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that ever came out, it would be safari time... Truth.***

Jan 30, 2019, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Good input...I've been waiting to hear SOMETHING... ]

Jan 30, 2019, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Good input...I've been waiting to hear SOMETHING... ]

Nobody is trying to sabotage drug tests because of "Christian Influence". That's just plain stupid.

GO TIGERS

Jan 30, 2019, 6:30 PM

did someone deliver those news to the Coots?

Jan 30, 2019, 6:40 PM

The thing that has bothered since the report broke about the failed drug tests is why have we only heard from Dexter Lawrence? If the 3 players did nothing wrong, why has nothing been reported about the other 2?

"Valley Boy" Coot, 5% is the lowest score I have seen.

Jan 30, 2019, 10:39 PM

Go Away!

Jan 31, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sources: No failed PED tests for 50+ Clemson players tested over 9-month period ]

Name the other 2 players without looking it up. Maybe that's why we didn't hear from them, DL was the news!
Dex said they were tested all the time, article says as freshmen, before the season and 50+ random tests. You can bet due to position, scholarship, competitive ranking, etc being possible selection criteria that DL got tested more than Hunter Renfrow!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2019, 8:56 PM

Since only three individuals tested positive, isn’t it more likely that it came from something they encountered in their personal lives, not at the athletic facilities? I hope there has been a similar investigation of their private environments to see if there is some ostarine containing item that the three of them used for some non-physical enhancement purpose.

And we also know that there have been zero players that

Jan 30, 2019, 10:27 PM

tested positive prior to or during any of the three previous playoffs for the 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons, ZERO!!!!!!!!!!

~this~ And we also know that there have been ZERO players***

Jan 30, 2019, 10:42 PM

It's been 2 days - where's Gene Sapakoff?

Jan 31, 2019, 5:38 PM

Yo Geno! Where you at?

curious was dex tested in that time period and passed?

Jan 31, 2019, 11:23 PM

d

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic