Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I honestly agree with Judge on this one...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,445

I honestly agree with Judge on this one...

Oct 24, 2020, 11:25 PM

It’s like having Tom Brady or Joe Montana at QB. The offensive coordinator and the head coach would know better not to put them at risk, especially on high risk situations. I’m okay with Trevor running every once in a while and a mix of a “trick play” here and there, but just think about it like this, how many times did Tony Dungee ask Payton Manning run a read Option into the teeth of the defense? How many times did Bill Walsh ask Joe Montana to catch a trick pass from Jerry rice? How many times did Bill Bellicheck ask Tom Brady to run it in 30 yards out when he had Randy Moss as well as other high caliber WR all over the place?

It’s time to start protecting Trevor By calling high percentage, low risk and productive plays. I always thought that was the problem with Tahj. He took way too many hits and he was danm good at bouncing right back up after taking shot after shot! It was really unnecessary when you had frisbee catching dogs like Nuk and Sammy, not to mention Andre Ellington in the backfield.

No NFL coordinator will ask Trevor to run like this so why are we? They are going to ask him to sling it downfield and take off if under pressure.

Let’s keep the man upright the rest of the year. Get creative with short slants, short outs, spread the field and let the man sling it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I honestly agree with Judge on this one...

Oct 24, 2020, 11:42 PM

I thought as unfocused as the players were accused of looking, it was an even worse performance by the coaching staff today. It was as if something else had everyone's attention today besides the ballgame.

That is a really really bad Syracuse team and that prevented a real threat, and I would venture to guess you will not see an effort like that again by Clemson, but it was as dull and hard to watch ballgame as we've had in awhile. I think Clemson wanting a 20% full stadium this year probably played into this somewhat.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:25 AM

Dabo still taking too many NFL interviews?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 25, 2020, 12:32 AM

Well, at least he isn't moving into his new house on Wednesday, playing Cuse on Friday and flying to Bamma for a team reunion on Saturday, like he did in 2017.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I honestly agree with Judge on this one... ]

Just like I've said in a earlier post, I totally blame the coaches for our guys being as complacent as they were today, and it looked awful!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes you both wrong then***

Oct 25, 2020, 12:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 9:47 AM

Trevor is too valuable to get so cute as to make him a receiver especially in a game against Syracuse. This wasn't a CFP game where we had to pull out all the stops.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,445
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic