Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hesitated to post this, But this is for my Dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

I hesitated to post this, But this is for my Dad

Jan 9, 2019, 3:10 PM
IMG_77901.jpg(127.5 K)

Dad, Was a complex man. He was a Clemson Matriculate. He didn't graduate because he had to come home to help his father run his business.

Dad was most proud of me when I was graduated from Clemson.

He passed away 12/26/2018. He didn't get to see the beat downs we laid to Notre Dame and Alabama. I do know he would have been thrilled and in fact making plans to watch the game. He suffered a major stroke on 12/23/2018.

I hesitated to post this, because I am not posting for the TU's or points added to my Screenname.

However, I decided to post this after I found his Student ID card and wanted to share in a way to memorialize him and his passion for Clemson.

GO TIGERS! I am thankful for Dad, because of him I grew up in Columbia and escaped as a Clemson Man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU anyway - I also thought of my father

Jan 9, 2019, 3:13 PM

during the game. He died 4 years ago and missed the first Bama win as well. I wish he could have enjoyed the past 4 seasons.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU. SO grateful my Dad has been able to see '16 and '18.

Jan 9, 2019, 3:14 PM

But it has been far from guaranteed, given his recent health concerns.

I do not take my Dad for granted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that. My dad would have likely been in the same class as him

Jan 9, 2019, 3:15 PM

If not the year before or after. I think he would have graduated in ‘66. Unfortunately my dad passed away in a tragic accident in 2003. He never got to see this era of Clemson football. I think of that and am saddened as he was diehard. He was iptay when he couldn’t afford iptay. When things got a little better we had season tix. But it’s on the shoulders of these Tigers that a generation of Tigers was raised.

Great lookin' Tiger. Thanks for posting. Haven't seen one

Jan 9, 2019, 3:24 PM

of those cards before.

Neat.

Re: I hesitated to post this, But this is for my Dad

Jan 9, 2019, 3:32 PM

My dad, a 1951 Clemson grad passed in May 2011. I know he is looking down on us these days. He made me the man I am today. I had the Clemson Tiger carved in his memory over in Fair Play. I plan to get the plaque memorializing both my dad and the national Championships updated to include this one this year.

That is impressive

Jan 10, 2019, 6:45 AM

Very nice!

Jan 10, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I hesitated to post this, But this is for my Dad ]

Now that's impressive. Your dad must be smiling down on our Tigers and his son!

Re: Awsome!

Jan 10, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I hesitated to post this, But this is for my Dad ]

My Dad was also Class of 51.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I hesitated to post this, But this is for my Dad ]

We enjoy that carving every time we drive by on the way to Clemson. Great to know the back story, thanks for posting.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:31 PM

Thanks. Feel free to stop at the gate and walk out there anytime you like.

sorry for your loss***

Jan 9, 2019, 3:33 PM

Jan 9, 2019, 3:34 PM

Sorry for your loss! A great way to remember your dad though! A true Clemson Man!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PRAYERS TO YOU! I lost my dad 08/16/18

Jan 9, 2019, 3:34 PM

right before the start of the season. Hang in there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 3:35 PM

I'm sure he was looking down with a big smile.....so sorry for your loss.

-RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Thanks for sharing - suggestion for you pups - lol

Jan 9, 2019, 3:37 PM

I graduated in 81 from Clemson. Dad went to Iowa State.
My Dad is still with us (90 YO) - but struggling with his memories. We do get to sit and watch the games when we can - hardly speak a word - but still enjoy our Tigers.

Those of you younger (most of you these days - lol) - I have a suggestion.
Spend time with your dad when you can - make time - he will be gone before you are ready. Tell him how much he means to you. Don't put it off until it's too late.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for sharing - suggestion for you pups - lol

Jan 10, 2019, 9:17 AM

Important advice. For those of us who have lost our parents it's hard to explain how much they are missed.

Jan 9, 2019, 3:47 PM

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My dad never went to Clemson but pulls for them in every sport ever since I went there. I had multiple friends in Santa Clara who’s fathers also attended Clemson and hearing them call their dads ahead of the game or after we won was such a perfect reminder of how genuine the Clemson family is - within our own families and how it transcends to friends and other fellow graduates. Take care and may God Bless your family.

God speed Mr. polecat7200's dad, god bless***

Jan 9, 2019, 3:48 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

Still having my dad around, I don't know firsthand what you all are currently experiencing but I know one day I will. I am not trying to make light of all your father's being passed away especially since my uncle died last year right after the ACCCG (as big of a Clemson fan as a non-alum can be). I just wanted to point out that your father's didn't miss a single thing, they now have the best seat in the house. Once a Clemson fan, always a Clemson fan.

Jan 10, 2019, 6:50 AM

I am praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 7:02 AM

I'll wager he did see these 2 fantastic wins and from the best view there is.

Great tribute! I am also a Tiger because of my Dad

Jan 10, 2019, 7:55 AM

He went to all home games and many away games for 50+ years until last year. He had to give up going. I called him from Levi stadium for the last minute of the game, same as I did in Tampa.

Prayers for your family!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 8:43 AM

You have inspired me to post about my dear wife. We pounded up 1-26 together for nearly 40 years. Her last live game was the VT ACC championship in 2011. Health issues and physical limitations prevented her from seeing another. Her last game watching on TV was the Oklahoma pounding in Orlando in 2014 and she died that spring 2015 just before the beginning of the insane streak we are on now. JoJo I know you are loving it up there.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Jan 10, 2019, 9:21 AM

Bless you both. I'm positive she's enjoying these moments with you!

Jan 10, 2019, 8:52 AM

I did have the pleasure of watching our first NC game with my dad and mom. They have both passed years ago, so they missed the last 2.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:06 AM

What a wonderful photo with those student IDs. I bet you and your dad watched lots of Clemson games together. Bless you and your family.

best post of the day or week

Jan 10, 2019, 9:19 AM

great shots of the ID cards. I think he was watching.

I think about my Dad during every game...

Jan 10, 2019, 9:25 AM

He passed away 12/23/12, never getting to see the 4th and 16, the rise of Clemson Football. I know he’s looking down, smiling at where things are and tailgating with other Clemson dads gone too soon.
Hang in there. It’s tough. Holidays are always bittersweet for me now.
Go Tigers!!!!

Prayers and Peace to You and your Family

Jan 10, 2019, 1:02 PM

I surely can emphasize with you. My Dad passed 12/14/2008 and his quality of life wasn't there the last six months.

My hope for you is peace and the comfort of so many good memories. That's what I lean on and cherish.

Blessings to all of you.

Ron

Jan 10, 2019, 1:14 PM

Many of us, myself included, thought of our Fathers when watching both 2016 and 2018 CFP championship games. Mine died on 9/01/2001 and I joined IPTAY to honor him. He and friends certainly pulled for Clemson and we can thank Dads for making us fans.

Go Tigers ??!!

my dad died 12 days before your dad did

Jan 10, 2019, 1:17 PM

I sat in his IPTAY seats for many years. At least he god to see 2016.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a great dad - thanks for posting***

Jan 10, 2019, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:30 PM

Thanks for posting .... I know your dad is smiling!

Very touching and the best

Jan 10, 2019, 1:33 PM

way to honor your Dad's memory. Thanks for sharing with the Tiger community. All the best to you and your family. Prayers are with you all.

Jan 10, 2019, 1:34 PM

Glad you shared your story and that you and your dad seem to have a really special relationship. God Bless you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:43 PM

A somewhat humorous anecdote about my dad... He was a skinny kid in 1949 when he enrolled at Clemson. And stepped into the Hail of Clemson College as a rat... Which was full of the MEN who were seniors and at his age had been shooting and knifing and torpedoing Nazi's and Nip's... He lasted one semester and as he put it,was in fear of his life. He decided that getting a job was a better career option...

Jan 10, 2019, 1:46 PM

God Bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost my dad the weekend before Christmas and I feel you

Jan 10, 2019, 2:55 PM

You and your family are in my prayers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

My mother passed in July 2016 and I can see her

Jan 10, 2019, 3:15 PM

sitting in heaven with other Tiger fans pulling for the Tigers and fussing about the refs!

Jan 10, 2019, 3:23 PM

Awesome

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 10, 2019, 4:12 PM

Pryers and condolences for the loss of your dad. My dad passed a little before the 2016 Championship and like your dad, he would have loved seeing that. All the best to you and your family.

Jan 10, 2019, 8:16 PM

My dad told me the only place he'd pay for me to go was Clemson! Now 63 years later he is still right!!Probably had more than 150 credits;never mind changing majors several times. Can't get to the games anymore; but don't miss watching them. Both sons, brother and 2 brothers-in-law have degrees. And now have a granddaughter who is a Senior. She has been able to go to all 15 games this year.
Lost my dad in 1993 and my mom in 2008. Still miss him teasing me about going to lose to whoever we were playing.

Praying for your family; God's Grace will see you through these difficult days!

Jan 10, 2019, 8:24 PM

Sacrificed for his family. That’s a Clemson man for sure.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:09 PM

I lost my dad December 9,2016. He missed the last two Natties. He poured orange blood into me from birth til his death. With his (and my mom’s) encouragement, I became the first college graduate on either side of the family on December 18,1996
Go Tigers! My prayers are for peace.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:24 PM

Thank you for sharing this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 9:39 PM

So sorry he passed, a stroke is one thing to take any of us away in an instant. Wonderful pictures of you both.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:43 AM

Sorry for your loss. Know your Dad would like your post! I started Clemson in 1962 - so feel a kinship with him!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 11, 2019, 8:26 AM

Awesome! I came across his taps and I have his rat cap as well

They have the best seats to watch the Clemson Tigers

Jan 11, 2019, 8:40 AM

I miss my dad every time I see any Clemson event because he loved Clemson University. I know he and mom are enjoying watching the Tigers with their friends in heaven.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic