Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Magnum PI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Magnum PI

Apr 3, 2020, 6:58 PM

Still holds up after all these years.

Only downside is having to watch commercials for Hallmark movies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear the new one is good too.

Apr 3, 2020, 7:02 PM

But I just can't get past the new dude looking way too small to be a Tom Selleck replacement. That and I don't do much live tv network shows.

Re: I hear the new one is good too.

Apr 3, 2020, 7:03 PM

I meant the original.

Re: I hear the new one is good too.

Apr 3, 2020, 7:03 PM

Sorry didn't read your re line.

Have never seen the new one.

Magnum PI is AWESOME......

Apr 3, 2020, 7:06 PM

Loved the storylines that continued throughout its eight year run. Wish they had made a movie of it when Selleck was younger. TV (special effects, cameras, etc..) have come a long way since then but many episodes would really get you thinking. Hard not to form bonds with many of those characters...

They had plans for the movie....but it never materialized

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Magnum PI

Apr 3, 2020, 8:52 PM

Remember the episode when he shot Ivan?
"IVAN!! Did you see the sun rise this morning?" BOOM!! Fade to black...

Great show.

Apr 3, 2020, 10:15 PM

Loved that episode...."Did you see the Sunrise"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MNTruNx72U

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 2:39 AM

Still see the old school Ferrari’s and helicopters flying around Oahu...well...did...before COVID 19. Often pass Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed, former heavyweight champion of the world until Rocky beat him) on the way to walking my kid to a school near Lanikai Beach...also until COVID 19. He directs a lot of the new Hawaii 5-0 episodes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met Tom Selleck in 1986, when Magnum P.I. was the bomb.

Apr 4, 2020, 6:20 AM

I was in LA doing training classes for a software company and was using a room in the Spicer & Oppenheim building on Santa Monica Blvd. There were several levels of parking underneath the building, and it was all valet parking. I'm standing in line waiting to get my car and paying no attention to the tall guy in front of me. Until I heard his voice. I say - hey, you're Tom Selleck. He turns around and gives me that goofy grin and just says "yep". LOL

We chatted for a few mins in line until they brought his car around. And yes, it was some kind of low slung sports car that he had to fold up to get into, I think it was a Lotus. That dude is tall, I'm 5-9 and he towered over me. Gotta be 6-4, 6-5.

I asked the next day, why was Tom Selleck here? They explained that one of the services they provide was "taking care of people's business while they're away". I'd never thought about it before, but if an actor or whatever is out of town for several months, somebody makes sure all their bills are paid, the house is kept clean, the yard is maintained, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic