Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have two scenarios how the Notre dame game will go!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,113

I have two scenarios how the Notre dame game will go!

Nov 2, 2020, 10:43 AM

Both scenarios include a Clemson win.

Scenario #1

This is a lower scoring game. Defenses on both teams play well. Tony Elliot is very vanilla to protect the football with DJ. At the end of the day we take away Notre dames running game and protect the football we escape with a 24-17 type victory

Scenario #2

We absolutely shut Notre dame down and the offense rolls. DJ continues to shine and this contest ends similar to the playoffs when we destroyed Notre dame we win in this scenario 41-13.

I could see either scenario playing out but I’m confident in a Clemson win. Because Notre dame is a run first team. And Clemson stops the run I do not believe Notre dame can pass well enough consistently to beat Clemson. Just have to stop the run and take care of the football. But let DJ throw on first Down or you will see 2 and 8 all night long. Gotta mix it up!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This game has me seriously concerned unless our O Line

Nov 2, 2020, 10:44 AM

doesn't get some glaring rush-block issues fixed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I fear the 3rd scenario....

Nov 2, 2020, 10:47 AM

ND oline is dominant and they get a good balance of TE and running going.

We sputter because our o-line is not very good.

A few big plays by us keeps it close.

Blocked kick at the end of the game to tie.

You wouldn't like my nightmares. LOL! :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I fear the 3rd scenario....

Nov 2, 2020, 10:48 AM

We are averaging less than 2 yards on 1st downs (rushing) this year. Let that sink in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It's a mix of a really bad o-line and scheme....

Nov 2, 2020, 10:52 AM

Need to put the RB behind the QB a few more times and let him run down hill finding a little hole.

We don't have the o-line for these delayed reads. We will get KILLED in the playoffs doing this.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I fear the 3rd scenario.... ]

Coach TE not creative in close games. Easy to open things up when we are ahead by 35. Too many runs up the middle on first down that yield 2-3 yards. Puts the offense in a hole. If we are faster than Notre Dame, then we should be living on the edge. Should also take a couple of deep shots to loosen up their defense.

Nov 2, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I fear the 3rd scenario.... ]

Has to be one of the worst in the nation.

Nov 2, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I fear the 3rd scenario.... ]

yep that is aabout what we got Saturday 2-3 with the best back in the country. I hope they are keeping something underwraps because it isnt good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's See How ND Plays Against Top Talent

Nov 2, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I fear the 3rd scenario.... ]

They might move from dominant to just good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before Saturday I would have agreed with you about ND not

Nov 2, 2020, 10:53 AM

being able to pass against us. But, obviously BC found some success scheming, or whatever, to allow multiple completions against a certain weak spot in our zone defense. Any chess player knows that BV will figure out a solution to that obvious weakness. If ND has a good OC, they will realize where the fix to that problem exposes another weakness, and scheme to exploit it. (But only after they try the same thing BC did, just to make sure Brent fixed it!)

Relentless pressure from our up front guys is what will shut down ANYONE'S passing game. We are getting good pressure, but due to uncalled holds or whatever, we are still a step late away from MANY more potential sacks. Here's hoping we get that step Saturday, and put a great "The End" on Notre Dame's QB Book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before Saturday I would have agreed with you about ND not

Nov 2, 2020, 10:58 AM

Not sure if it will make you feel any better, but BC's passing game has been killing almost everybody and we held them WELL under their average per game passing.

If you could take out the first 2 series, which you can't, we completely shut them down.

I'm just hoping we start to get 4 quarters of what we saw for the last 3 quarters against BC.

BC success wasn't in the scheming...

Nov 2, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Before Saturday I would have agreed with you about ND not ]

It was largely the result of poor play by the Clemson DB's and not getting their eyes on the ball.

BC scored three offensive TD's, and one of was more lucky than good.

Other than the first two drives, BV and the defense adjusted well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

2 of 3 drives were helped by the Zebras***

Nov 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have two scenarios how the Notre dame game will go!

Nov 2, 2020, 10:55 AM

I think DJ practicing with the ones all week will help a lot. If we get a couple of key guys back this week, that will help as well. Hopefully, a good week of practice and preparation has us ready to play on Saturday night. If we can keep our mistakes to a minimum and win the turnover margin, I think we start to pull away in the 2H and come out with a double-digit win. I also kind of think Elliot saved a few plays this season specifically for ND and expect to see a couple of new wrinkles Sat. night. Maybe the same from BV.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too. 1. We win. 2. We lose.***

Nov 2, 2020, 11:03 AM

Re: I have two scenarios how the Notre dame game will go!

Nov 2, 2020, 12:36 PM

We can lose a close game.

We can lose because of turnovers or bad officiating calls.

I don't feel we're usually vulnerable to those but in this case we are.

I still expect to win because we have the better team but if we have the fluke issues (turnovers/penalties/bad calls/miracle plays by the other team) that occurred against BC on the road we will probably lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,113
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic