Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have to say... even when taking the orange colored glasses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I have to say... even when taking the orange colored glasses

Sep 19, 2014, 9:04 AM

off, I am really dissapointed in Jimbo Fisher. I know, I know... they're a rival, big game, make fun, etc. I'm all about that.

but as a college football fan, coach, and father... I really have a hard time with Jimbo's approach to this. I'm not as concerned about what he actually did, as much as I am about how that relates to other accusations surrounding him.

I've had no reason to dislike Jimbo, and I think he's a good coach and really cares about his players... but orange colored glasses off and big game tomorrow aside, I really am dissapointed in Jimbo on this one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

well really not just this one, there has been a consistant

Sep 19, 2014, 9:10 AM

pattern and once again the powers that be do not care about the athlete just what he can do for them. They are not trying to make him a better person.

that's what I'm saying... this incident alone, IMO...

Sep 19, 2014, 9:12 AM

isn't a HUGE deal. Bad choice, poor taste, character revealing, and deserve punishmment... absolutely.

but when taken into context with his history, I just don't see how you approach it the way Jimbo and FSU are.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

"Water under the bridge" like "all the situations". Jimbo***

Sep 19, 2014, 9:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know exactly what it is, but I have never cared...

Sep 19, 2014, 9:11 AM

for Jimbo. I call it a "check in my spirit." I have never felt like he was completely genuine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see that.... Really, the only thing I know about him

Sep 19, 2014, 9:13 AM

is just from watching games and the story Gameday did on him last year...

but I hear ya

I never had any disdain for Jimbo until now

Sep 19, 2014, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I don't know exactly what it is, but I have never cared... ]

He's handled the discipline of Winston as poorly as anyone could imagine.

He continues to publicly make excuses for his quarterback's

Sep 19, 2014, 9:12 AM

behavior. Somebody needs to sit him down and explain how stupid and defensive he looks. He should instead be condemning the behavior and then just shutting the hell up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he keeps it up, the Pres and AD will end up having a

Sep 19, 2014, 9:37 AM

"sit down" with him, and it won't be pretty. He's basically throwing them under the bus and not showing a united front. If any of my employees did the same kind of thing publicly, they would be looking for another job.

You can tell that he didn't want to suspend the crab-man...the admin forced it on him.

Jimbo is doing a disservice to the kid

Sep 19, 2014, 9:31 AM

IMO, Jimbo should've suspended Jameis for the entire season opener for his off season issues. I don't care if he was punished during the baseball season or not. Instead, he was given a pass in football, and it most likely created more of a feeling of invincibility in JW. The longer he let JW go on without any accountability, the worse it has become. I hope the kid finally learns something from this half hearted suspension because he is on a very dangerous track. Tons of talent but complete lack of respect and judgment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I absolutely agree***

Sep 19, 2014, 9:32 AM

There's no difference in Jimbo and Bobby Bowden.

Sep 19, 2014, 9:44 AM

Bowden never suspended anyone for stealing etc.

The only person ever dismissed that I recall was Randy Moss. He smoked so much pot he never got to his first game at FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to say... even when taking the orange colored glasses

Sep 19, 2014, 10:12 AM

It seems like FSU and Jimbo are trying to just keep the whole thing rolling enough to make it through this season before the wheels completely fall off.

Instead of just going ahead and fully punishing Jameis for his issues as they should of done, either teaching him a lesson or getting him out of the program, and go back to building a winning program with a different QB at the helm they are just applying more bandages on a wound that will eventually be the demise of Jimbo.

I believe after the season once Jameis is gone to the NFL Jimbo and FSU will be changing there tunes, throwing Jameis under the bus, and trying to get as far away from him as possible.

There is a fine line some of these coaches have to walk when making decisions between what is the right thing to do/say based on their beliefs, morals, and ideals and winning whether it be a single game or a championship. Coaches like Dabo are going to lean to the moral side of that line, it may cost him players/victories but its what he feels is right. Jimbo is leaning towards winning and at the cost of his own integrity and the programs. I personally find it hard to believe the punishment, or lack of, that Jameis has received is genuinely what Jimbo would really want but I think he knows that without Jameis he doesn't win a championship last year and he's not the #1 team this year.

Re: I have to say... even when taking the orange colored glasses

Sep 19, 2014, 10:23 AM

Disappointed, but not surprised. History of program at FSU.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic