Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have to commend Ohio State fans . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I have to commend Ohio State fans . . .

Jan 3, 2020, 12:43 AM

They have really outdone themselves . . . they are actually giving chicken fans a run for their money as for the most butthurt fanbase ever. I mean, I'm hesitant to say that, since Cocky-&-Co have such a strong grip on that title, but MAN are bucknuts going out of their way to bellyache and delegitimize that game.

I know they're disappointed, and I respect their team and program, and generally speaking, their fanbase too. But man they are really lost in the sauce on this one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to commend Ohio State fans . . .

Jan 3, 2020, 12:57 AM

Nothing new man. These guys have always had an entitled, arrogant air about them. It's what sent ole Woody into such a rage at the end of the 78 Gator Bowl. They are typically ignorantly bigoted against teams/people from the South and don't mind letting you know it.

This loss for them couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. The Charlie Bauman curse still thrives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 9:29 AM

They've been whining, crying, and wringing their hands since the first ranking was released, always looking to blame someone else for their miseries. I'm done with them. The Buckeyes got outplayed in the 2nd half. Deal with it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I've met A LOT of OSU fans that thought this was...

Jan 3, 2020, 1:14 AM

there best team ever. They didn't think they could be beaten. They are in shock/disbelief.

Years from now, in the annals of college football history,

Jan 3, 2020, 7:51 AM

Historians and fans alike may look back upon that game, nod sagely, and address Buckeye Nation with a somber declaration filled with meaning and gravity:

"You lost."

Don't forget how salty Louisville fans were

Jan 3, 2020, 7:53 AM

on this board after they lost to us in 2016. It was pretty bad too

Jan 3, 2020, 8:09 AM

We would be the same if we lost the game the same way they did.

Jan 3, 2020, 8:15 AM

Not so sure about that. We'd be very disappointed, but many would be pointing out how we squandered multiple opportunities to put them away.

The Bucknuts have no case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I there are many Ohio State fans woke enough to..

Jan 3, 2020, 8:34 AM

know why they lost that game but to say it out loud would cause them to relive the pain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to commend Ohio State fans . . . ]

They choked no doubt. Just saying we would be the same. We can barely handle an ESPN pundit saying we were untested before Ohio State. Nah...we would be in full meltdown mode if the roles were reversed.

Jan 3, 2020, 8:52 AM

I agree, and I hope karma isn’t setting us up for a close loss where the refs make multiple bad calls... Pretty sure TigerNet would be in meltdown mode for months over the officiating. Dabo would handle it with class (as would the players most likely), but I think the average fan would have a hard time letting calls go.

To clarify, I don’t think there were multiple bad calls in the OSU game...don’t know how they can complain about the ones that were overturned by replay...they were obvious (except maybe the catch/fumble).

I’ve just seen us complain about refs in the distant past (back when we used to lose), so I don’t think we’re immune to it...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 9:56 AM

Karma for what? Clemson earned that win.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I disagree. First of all, Dabo would never have addressed

Jan 3, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to commend Ohio State fans . . . ]

the loss like Ryan Day did. Dabo would've said we got outplayed and outcoached. He would've given OH St credit for what they accomplished. He would've pointed out we had our chances and couldn't stop them. He may have given a passing nod to a call or 2, but he'd never have pandered to the anger.

Secondly, 95% of Clemson fans have never operated like OH St fans. The arrogance and obnoxious mouthy nature aren't even in the same ballpark. A huge reason for that is the geographic locale of each school and fan base. Beating that team was every bit as gratifying as beating the coots or UGA.

Re: I disagree. First of all, Dabo would never have addressed

Jan 3, 2020, 8:38 AM

You are right. Compare Day’s puerile behavior with Dabo going to the Syracuse locker room to congratulate them on out coaching and outplaying us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I disagree. First of all, Dabo would never have addressed ]

I agree that Dabo would have never pulled a Ryan Day. Our fan base would be in meltdown though just like the bucknuts.

A lot of the fans take their cue from the HC. Of course

Jan 3, 2020, 9:14 AM

there would be some people biching but most would recognize the errors in our play or coaching and try to have some class. You can say whatever you want, I know for a fact the majority of Clemson fans would have not acted like a bunch of entitled, obnoxious yankee a**holes because our coach doesn't act that way and neither does our admin.

We would've recognized that we roughed their punter, that they had 2 picks and dropped 3 more, one would've been an easy pick 6. We would've recognized that after the RB had 2 huge runs, we got held to 61 yds on 32 carries. We would've accepted that leading with the crown of your helmet is absolutely targeting regardless of intent. We would've recognized that one play didn't dictate the outcome because we got outscored 29-7 after being up 16-0 and getting stoned in the red zone.

We would've recognized that even though our OL and DBs held on EVERY PLAY, we were beyond fortunate it was never called. We would've recognized that OH St left 10 pts on the field in the form of a dropped pick 6 and a missed FG. Most of us, that is. We would not as a collective fanbase have cried like a bunch of pasty faced yankee rednecks.

F OH St.

Jan 3, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I disagree. First of all, Dabo would never have addressed ]

There's plenty on here that meltdown because of a bad play or a bad call during a game. I usually choose to avoid TNet during games because of it.

Tiger Band 70-74

LOL...bless your heart !!!!

Jan 3, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to commend Ohio State fans . . . ]

Hardly !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

WHO, US?

Jan 3, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to commend Ohio State fans . . . ]

I barely remember what it feels like to lose a football game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHO, US?

Jan 3, 2020, 8:36 AM

It sucks canal water!

I've been on this board for just over 15years........

Jan 3, 2020, 8:33 AM

This board board would be just as bad if we lost like they did.

get up by 2+ TDs early
a couple of wide open dropped TD passes
Our QB who threw 1 INT all year throws 2
knowing we "coulda" been up 24 or 27 to NOTHING at half

then the catch/fumble "call" (while i agree was the correct call per the rule) would have put us over the top.

this board has gotten extremely sensitive over the last decade and a half.

Re: I've been on this board for just over 15years........

Jan 3, 2020, 8:44 AM

I think you are right as for many of us on this board and I totally understand how they are focused on one questionable call, but Dabo would not be feeding the monster the way Day has.

Re: I've been on this board for just over 15years........

Jan 3, 2020, 8:57 AM

Exactly. Dabo would be a class act. Our fan base would be crying and probably even adding conspiracy theories to the equation, such as college football didnt want Clemson again etc etc. You name it.

Initially but not Persistently would our fan base

Jan 3, 2020, 9:00 AM

Continue with the whining. Some of it is because of the continuation of it by those given a platform like Ryan Day and other media talking heads. But most definitely because of their arrogance.

Re: Initially but not Persistently would our fan base

Jan 3, 2020, 9:16 AM

They also know that was tbe best team they had in many many years. They squandered their chance is an excruciating fashion.

Re: Initially but not Persistently would our fan base

Jan 3, 2020, 9:37 AM

That's exactly why I think they're so upset also. They looked at this team as they're best chance for a national championship. They will not be so confident next year. Where as for us, even if we lost, we would know 100% that we would have just as good of a chance to win a natty next year. That to me is the difference between us and Ohio State, "realistic expectations".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to them a footbal game was 1 play instead

Jan 3, 2020, 9:53 AM

Of 4 qrts. They watch the 1 play over and over. They claim the refs were incompetent

I watched a bunch of plays and I agree. OSU was mauling the clemson wrs all game. If these refs knew what they were doing, OSU wouldn't be even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic