Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this is a popular question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,241

I know this is a popular question...

Sep 29, 2015, 4:24 PM

But can someone list for me in detail what I need for satellite setup at the game..generator requirements and dish (I have directv service at home and all my receivers are HD). What is the directv version of the "tailgater" or does it work with directv? TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have the same setup

Sep 29, 2015, 4:41 PM

There is no "Tailgater" for DirecTV. You will need a SWM dish (for HD). May need a "converter" for the remote setup to take the place of "the Genie" (at home). You will probably want to set up at home in the yard to make sure all works (don't wait until the last minute). If a problem, check with a local satellite company (one is in Lexington, SC). Not much power requirement, so any decent generator should be adequate. Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have the same setup

Sep 29, 2015, 5:58 PM

Thanks man...but what is the "cube" type dish that doesn't require aiming?

Re: I have the same setup

Sep 29, 2015, 6:25 PM

King Tailgater (cube) does work with Direct TV, just not with HD receiver...have to use the SD receiver. This is what I have, with generator powering tv, receiver, 4 fans or heater, crockpots, etc. Does not bother me much that it isn't in HD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I buy your ticket and parking pass?

Sep 29, 2015, 6:00 PM

I'll go to the game and sit through halftime to insure that I won't miss the second half kickoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I buy your ticket and parking pass?

Sep 29, 2015, 6:09 PM

No..confused by your response. If you're trying be a ####, I will be on the entire game but wanting watch games during the "tailgate" if you ever have tried that...

So you won't sell the tickets and stuff?

Sep 29, 2015, 6:16 PM

I'm a Clemson grad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you won't sell the tickets and stuff?

Sep 29, 2015, 7:10 PM

I'm a Clemson grad too...what's your point? There's a lot of us

Just buy a dish tailgater for 350 bucks

Sep 29, 2015, 7:28 PM

That includes the receiver And everything you need to get going. Dish network has pay-as-you-go plans so that you only have to pay for one month of service at a time. It beats trying to dismantle your home satellite service every time you want to use it. Plus you get all HD channels including locals for Clemson. You can set your service address to Clemson South Carolina so that you can pick up local stations. It is hasslefree, self aiming, and will run off of a small inverter and a car battery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic