Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Greenville News--Baseball Articles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The Greenville News--Baseball Articles

Jun 3, 2014, 11:17 AM

I fully expect to be castigated for what I am about to say but will first state that I am a loyal Tiger fan and my blood bleeds ORANGE--TIGER ORANGE and always will.
Today's Greenville News had 2 articles regarding baseball--one referencing what the Coot coach thought of their season and one on the Tigers and what Jack thought about our season. If you can, I would encourage you to go to their website and read these articles because they get to the main point re our baseball program.
In a nutshell, the Coots coach said they expect to do good and they had a "good" season but a good season is NOT ENOUGH in Cootland. They demand excellence and results. Jack said that any discussion of his dismissal was ridiculous and no place did he mention ANYTHING about high expectations for the Tigers. He has made excuses, half a...ed explanations, and has even gone so far as to criticize the Tiger fans. As my wife said after reading both articles it is very clear that the Coots have higher expectations and are coached by a coach who expects his players to meet those expectations. Her words--the Coot coach is much classier and expecting of excellence in his players performances.
Clemson deserves far better than the current iteration of Jack. This is not to demean the man or his past deeds/accomplishments but to simply say that the baseball coaching train is in the station and preparing to depart and Jack should not be on it.
As a head coach one has to set the tenor and tone for the program and the team of each year. Clearly, Jack has failed in his recent efforts in these critical areas and for that reason he must not return. We should expect more of our head baseball coach and above all else,the man must be worthy of wearing the Tiger uniform we so greatly love!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Greenville News--Baseball Articles

Jun 3, 2014, 11:27 AM

Lets see what SC Coach says when he has another average year or two and the fans are calling for his head.

Re: He will be running for a closet. I guarantee you that

Jun 3, 2014, 11:32 AM

it won't take much.

Jun 3, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: The Greenville News--Baseball Articles ]

I agree that may be true but if you read the article it is rather apparent that the expectations are different.

That could happen very easily next year. They lose a bunch

Jun 3, 2014, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The Greenville News--Baseball Articles ]

of seniors and several juniors are expected to be drafted this week.

Jun 3, 2014, 11:37 AM

great post! 100% true..whatever it takes Jack must go!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have stayed completely out of this stay or go discussion

Jun 3, 2014, 11:50 AM

but I do not think Leggett should have alienated the fans by saying that if you jumped off the wagon that you cannot get back on.....that was wrong and showed that the pressure was starting to get to him.

Re: I have stayed completely out of this stay or go discussion

Jun 3, 2014, 12:02 PM

While all of that is true, they really are 2 different situations. One is a new coach that is just starting out as head coach and has fire in him. The other is a long time coach with not so much fire left. That is apparent
by their actions and statements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2014, 12:34 PM

One coach is trying to make a name for himself while the other is trying to live off his name.

Jun 3, 2014, 1:13 PM

One has not had to defend his average season while the other has been kicked in the n--s by the fan base for his.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic