Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Escape and Survive: Tigers dodge bullet at Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

New Story: Escape and Survive: Tigers dodge bullet at Louisville

Sep 17, 2015, 10:50 PM

Escape and Survive: Tigers dodge bullet at Louisville

Ninth-ranked Clemson got another strong effort from the defense and a missed field goal with 2:28 remaining loomed large as Clemson (3-0) defeated Louisville 20-17 Thursday night at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time!

Sep 17, 2015, 10:54 PM

Plus Horrible Kick coverage and Deshaun having an off night!

Re: Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time!

Sep 17, 2015, 10:58 PM

Never seen, much less been the victim of, such a hosing by officials as I saw tonight. Terrible! Just terrible!!! Still, hats off to the Tigers for not losing poise. I know it had to be tough to sit back and take it from them all night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2015, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

I agree. Both calls on Lawson were big time Bull Sheet!
Reminds me of our game versus Tennessee in 1974.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don or Freddie.....I agree.....Go Tigers and Red Raiders!***

Sep 18, 2015, 12:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don or Freddie.....I agree.....Go Tigers and Red Raiders!***

Sep 18, 2015, 4:28 AM

Steve.
Don't know who you are as your Tigernet profile has no info on your ID. Freddy not on here, Don checks in here but not sure if he's a member or not.
And, GO Red Raiders & GO Tigers!

Sep 18, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

Or how about the one they did not call? Obvious face mask against Watson late in the game.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

I couldn't believe the refs. Louisville only had 2 penalties for 15 yards. No way a young, inexperienced team pulls that off.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

Both calls against Shaq were horrible... even Jessie Palmer, certainly not a Clemson fan, said that the first one was "questionable at best" and the second one was "ridiculous." I agree that DeShaun didnt make the first down, but if you're going to review one thing about a play, review it all. What kept him from making the first down was the missed face mask penalty... which was, of course, not reviewable. Again, nice job ref!

The officiating overall kind of reminded me of our old friend, Ron Cherry... I will not say more!

Way to hang in there, Tigers. I hope DeShaun can get his mo-jo going before October 3... otherwise, it could be a long day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2015, 11:22 PM

I am too lazy to do it but could someone please list all the missed calls tonight.

I rather win by an inch than lose on a bad call and have a ton of excuses any day

Sep 18, 2015, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

I was disappointed with the ref. tonight. I don't usually say anything about the bad breaks we get, I was upset with the missed face mask on Deshaun. You could see his head jerk around when he grabbed it. We don't need our QB take that kind of hits.

Deshaun seemed to be unemotional tonight. He made some bad throws. Usually he is quicker than he was tonight. Of course he is behind a young line. He seems to be a different player tonight. He has had so much hype I hope it isn't affecting his decisions on the field.

How many clear intentional grounding did they not call?

Sep 18, 2015, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

Not to mention Louisville's facemasks, horse collars, and holding. Basically Louisville was allowed to do anything they wanted and if we got too close to the QB it was a penalty.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

Vegas stood to loose a chit load of money. Moved the line to five. Lost all respect for cfb! Seen three no call obvious facemast pen. And Louisville not just held, but horse collared every play on the o line. Broken hearted. Love my tigers, but its obvious who runs cfb.:'(

Busch league for sure. Waisted one of UL's timeouts

Sep 18, 2015, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

that was to be called after the play. No interference. I don't think they called holding but once and then the second roughing was a joke.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Sep 18, 2015, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Worst One sided Officiating I've seen in a long time! ]

And the MISSED FACEMAST on Watson that would have gave us a 1st down - caused us to punt giving them one more shot at scoring!!

Re: New Story: Escape and Survive: Tigers dodge bullet at Louisville

Sep 17, 2015, 10:57 PM

:)

Sep 17, 2015, 10:57 PM

Great job Greg Heugel on the road! The refs should have called a facemask penalty on that last run but we SURVIVED!

I sure as H3LL hope they hold those refs accountable for

Sep 17, 2015, 10:59 PM

all the costly errors they made!!! Those guys shouldn't be allowed to work another college game this year! Unbelievably poor/sloppy/incompetent work by those refs!!

Re: I sure as H3LL hope they hold those refs accountable for

Sep 17, 2015, 11:05 PM

The funny thing is I'm sure Petrino kinda agrees

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now

Sep 17, 2015, 11:05 PM

Thank goodness for the upcoming bye week. A tremendous amount to work on for the offense. Not just the players but for play calling also. I saw no fire in the belly on the offensive line. They are just not fearless. What is it going to take? Don't be scared.

I don't understand why the only shots we take down field are

Sep 17, 2015, 11:10 PM

Hail Mary's with the wr and I mean Dion Cain, McCloud, Peake,and Scott....How are the unable to get open!
Tight ends played well. We are too obvious in our play calling...I don't get it! the runnign plays still take too long to developed

Didn't we score two TDs on down the middle throws?

Sep 17, 2015, 11:27 PM

If they're nothing else, Louisville is a very stout defense. They have guys who can pressure the passer, and we saw it in action.

Watson was under duress pretty much every time he tried to wait for someone to come open long.

That's partly on our OL but mostly because of their DL.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2015, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Now ]

Gallman was fearless though-he just keeps getting better and better!

Sep 17, 2015, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Now ]

Hard for o-line ti play well with the cards stacked against them. Pardon the pon. Refs decided the spread tonight.

Can we please have professional refs in College Football....

Sep 17, 2015, 11:12 PM

someday...........please. These jokers will be serving up Frosties at Wendys tomar at lunch.

Re: Can we please have professional refs in College Football....

Sep 17, 2015, 11:40 PM

The refs were pros. No way amatures could have earned the pay these clowns earned the night. A ref has to practice and be incentivised properly to make such terrible calls against 1 team in only 1 game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2015, 11:17 PM

Wow ! A sloppy win for the offense !High 5's for the defense they saved our Butts .Hope they special teams coach gets his act together for kick off coverage- it has been sorely lacking all season.Maybe Dabo needs take it over as he did in his 2nd year .

FTFY: "Sorely lacking for years"

Sep 17, 2015, 11:24 PM

Pearman needs to go....

Sep 17, 2015, 11:23 PM

We should have rolled Louisville tonight but we were absolutely crushed by our own play calling. I knew there would be some hiccups this year when it came to play calling with ScElliot, but wow, that was really pathetic for the vast majority of the game. On top of that, Watson has not looked like the same QB we saw last season. I think this is a combination of him reading his press clippings and our play calling.

We have a couple of weeks off, and thank god we do. We need to get our stuff together, because if we're going to have a shot at winning our conference--much less make the playoff--we're going to need to see a lot better effort from our team offensively.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:28 PM

In fairness Louisville has an excellent defense and especially front seven which limits somewhat what plays can be called!

Sep 17, 2015, 11:55 PM

We destroyed their front 7...Gallman ran for 140! The problem wasn't our ability to control the line...it was pass protection and perplexing play calls. Houston put up 34 on them at home, so there's no reason for us to put up 20.

I have said it before...

Sep 17, 2015, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Escape and Survive: Tigers dodge bullet at Louisville ]

It is hard having young coaches grow up on our watch. Example: OC's play calling was not very good. You don't have to get fancy or creative. Run what they give you until they can stop you, then change. Special teams is a huge concern. Any one can see from our first 2 games that our kick coverage is not good. Pearman, get it together or get gone. Coach V, the true veteran of the bunch, outstanding job! You continue to coach em up! Put in some work O line and get ready for ND! Go Tigers!

Re: I have said it before...

Sep 18, 2015, 12:11 AM

I agree with 100% of what you say here. Venables looks like an absolute champ. Despite losing so many great players last season, our defense still looks like it may be a Top 10 defense in the nation, far better than I--and probably many others--were expecting to see even if we did expect to see good performance from our defense.

Offensively, we see what we can do. The frustration is born out of bad play calls. It's like going into the downtown of a city and seeing an architecturally beautiful building that hasn't been treated well. You know what it can be, but it's clearly not in that same state. It's not like we're in a horrible state but, man, we can do SO much better. We just need ScElliot to try and put things together for the next two weeks and hope for the best.

Sep 18, 2015, 9:26 AM

I too thought they were ultra conservative with the game plan. This will not work against ND and Tech.

Sep 18, 2015, 9:57 AM

remember the two long balls were both intercepted.Watson was obviously a little out of synch. It is called take what they give you. The Chad would have lost that game.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Escape and Survive: Tigers dodge bullet at Louisville ]

I think we all forget including myself that Watson played half a season of college football. We act like hes a 5th year senior. Louisville's season was on the line at their house on a Thursday night and we won. Play calling was conservative, and Watson was off at times. But we won on the road against a well coached desperate team! Kickoff coverage is terrible and that kept the cards in the game. This team is so young and inexperienced and sorely missing Mike Williams. Thank goodness for bye bc ND will be tough! Go Tigers!!

Sep 18, 2015, 12:14 AM

You're right...Watson is still a young player. I guess we all expect him to play all the time like he did against SC. He also has missed a lot of time this spring as he recovered. We will still see him be great. I just wish the Heisman talk would be less, that puts more pressure on him.

Go Tigers...we are proud of the Tigers for getting this win, because it was a short week to get ready. Proud of the defense they was on the field a long time tonight and they hung in there.

Go Tigers...BE...believe and execute.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:25 PM

Ok it wasn't pretty but it was a Thursday night game against a tough Cardinal team that is better than their record represents. Anybody that says the penalties were called evenly, they don't know a penalty from an interception. The face mask is a penalty, and a reffs is suppose to keep their eyes on the ball carrier. A clear face mask and no whistle. There were holding calls not called against the birds all night. The roughing the passer against Shaq was not a penalty. They called everything we did plus some. Mark it down, that was a tough rough road win with a Thursday night game on the shortest week I can remember us ever having. A lot of teaching on this tape, and I'm happy our young guys dodged a bullet while growing up. We don't see practice, so I guess our coaches should be OK with us talking how Vanilla the play calls were bc we have grown to expect better. And hopefully the Chad didn't take the good play book with him, and left his HS play book with us. One thing is for sure, ND didn't learn anything new about us that they didn't already know after this game, bc it shows even less than the App St and the Wofford games. One point is a win, so surely a 3 point win is a good win... Goooooo Tigerssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2015, 11:30 PM

Any road win in the conference and Atlantic Division is a GREAT WIN!

Special teams

Sep 18, 2015, 12:02 AM

Can someone who knows more about football than I do please tell me what we are doing on special teams? I sound like a broken record. Do we not know how to block so we can have a freaking return after a punt or a kickoff?

Either
A: try to block the punt, or
B: block and set up the return

We do neither!!! And it's been like this for YEARS. It just blows my mind. Same thing on kickoffs. Same. Freaking. Thing.

Other teams seem to have no problems getting off blocks and making tackles. How is this possible? Can someone please explain this to me? Or is the answer, DANNY PEARMAN?

Re: Special teams

Sep 18, 2015, 10:01 AM

The thing is all about hang time on a punt. When a punter has enough hang time that the gunners can get down the fielf -there is no return. Kick it long and high. That stops the return game.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:04 AM

Call me crazy but I really think Dabo and the other coaches are trying to push this offensive line and the running backs to make plays, I think they are trying to hold something back, we will see how things go against ND... And one more thing I said this before I'm not judging a player off of five games not saying deshaun isn't able I just wouldn't give him very high expectations seeing as how he hasn't played a whole season

Sep 18, 2015, 12:08 AM

Tough, intelligent win against a talented and desperate Louisville team at their place:) You gotta feel pretty good about the direction this team is headed considering the Tiger "D" held Lousville to 10 points on offense, and the offense moved the ball against a stout defense...The new kicker got some good confidence building work in a tense hostile environment...The cardinal kick-returners are dangerous, but I dont think they touched him on the return for a TD...Clemson was in control and starting to pull away before the kick-return for td...Clemson really played some solid ball except for the kickoff return and a play here n there:)... Virginia Tech wouldve blocked that last punt lol

Sep 18, 2015, 9:28 AM

The refs sucked. Kick-off coverage sucked. Except for 2 plays play calling was average. Just take the 10 yards they gave us on the outside EVERY time. Defense was great. Gallman was great. I will take a road win on Thursday night any time. Crowd was deathly quiet most of the game. I miss Williams. When do we get our good kicker back?

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic