Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have prepared a list of excuses for some of you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I have prepared a list of excuses for some of you

Jan 7, 2019, 11:49 AM

to get out of work to begin/ continue drinking in preparation for the game. tml...

-A tree fell on my car while I was out at lunch, they are towing it now and AAA offered me a ride home.

-My water heater just broke, I have to get back to the house and have some one come out to repair it before it floods my basement.

-I just #### my pants. Please do not make this more embarrassing for me than it has to be.

-The dog walker just called and said my Jasper ran off and will not come back to her. Sorry, I have to handle this.

-(insert coworker's name) just threatened to have me killed. I can not work under this kind of pressure, I will see you in the morning.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last one is unacceptable

Jan 7, 2019, 11:52 AM

The game will last until after midnight, and with all the excitement of another natty win for the Tigers I'm thinking sleep will be minimal. Had you ended it with "I will see you on Wednesday morning" then it would be more appropriate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The last one is unacceptable

Jan 7, 2019, 11:53 AM

skip straight to excuse 3 if this happens, believe me...nobody will question it.

solid, I'm going with the water heater one***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's lunch already.

Just don't go back and tell them you'll check in tomorrow around 9ish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most important thing

Jan 7, 2019, 12:11 PM

I learned in the Army.......”it is easier to get forgiveness, than it is to get permission.”

Based on this ironclad truism........”Bye.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tried this one and my boss just laughed at me:

Jan 7, 2019, 12:02 PM

My neighbor just called and said that our other next door neighbor who is kind enough to check on my wife frequently when I’m traveling for business went in the house this morning and hasn’t come out yet. And he hears a lot of strange noises coming from there. I feel like I should go check on them. I’d be embarrassed if my neighbor fell and got injured or something.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I tried this one and my boss just laughed at me:

Jan 7, 2019, 12:21 PM

keep it short and simple, too many holes in your story.

Admittedly I’m not good at this***

Jan 7, 2019, 12:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Admittedly I’m not good at this***

Jan 7, 2019, 12:28 PM

i will tell you the same thing I always tell GWPTiger®. GO with the opposite of what your gut tells you.

Sorry, I was busy checking on lovingit's wife

Jan 7, 2019, 12:39 PM

What were we talking about again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

thanks for proving my point

Jan 7, 2019, 2:37 PM

Re: I have prepared a list of excuses for some of you

Jan 7, 2019, 12:17 PM

I use excuse three more often than I like to admit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 12:41 PM

What about excuses for those of us who work from home? :)

my advice would be NOT to use excuse 3 then,

Jan 7, 2019, 12:52 PM

no self respecting, self employed person would do this.

Jan 7, 2019, 12:41 PM

I walked in and said;. "boss, (cough cough), we had a (cough cough, sniff sniff) good weekend with (cough sniff) production.". Before I could say more, he strongly recommend I go home and rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those aren't excuses.

Jan 7, 2019, 12:48 PM

There reesons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

I have leave to burn so figured no better time for two days off than today and tomorrow. Probably feel guilty for using excuses and would blame myself in that situation if things don’t go as planned. Think I’ll take down some Christmas decor, haha. Slacker. Go Tigers!

Tigerbalm1 preparing for season premier of The Bachelor...***

Jan 7, 2019, 1:07 PM

Jan 7, 2019, 1:11 PM

#3 is great until the boss starts asking for proof. After that happened the 2nd time I re-evaluated how valuable my vacation leave was.

Jan 7, 2019, 1:56 PM

So I’m at work drunk with a load of chit in my pants. I just got fired and could really use a ride home. I called my wife but she said she has company right now.

Jan 7, 2019, 2:21 PM

I have eye trouble and can't see staying at work or, I have assclouma and can't see my ### staying at work.

I read your 2nd one as "My water broke"

Jan 7, 2019, 2:43 PM

Prolly tough to pull that one off especially if you're a male.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic