Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Biggest Concern About Dabo (SERIOUS POST)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 101
| visibility 1

My Biggest Concern About Dabo (SERIOUS POST)

Jan 18, 2016, 12:52 PM

Dabo has come a long way, and has brought the Clemson Football Program into the spot light on a national level. That can be a good or a bad thing. Over the past 3 seasons I've become more and more concerned with Dabo's roster management.

EXAMPLE 1: Deshaun Watson was the obvious choice for the starting QB position in 2014. Instead of starting DW4 we ended up losing 3 games thanks to a QB who was not adequate for the style of offense that Chad Morris coached. I blame Chad Morris for this one though. Well, it's partially his fault for not orientating the offense to suit the strength of Cole Stoudt. When we changed up the offensive tempo and play calling we ended up with a stud of a QB against the Oklahoma Defense during the Russell Athletic Bowl.

EXAMPLE 2: Clemson is deep at RB. Not sure if anyone noticed, but Zac Brooks was hands down a more violent runner than Rod McDowell. During the 2013 game against UGA, Zac Brooks had more yards per carry than Rod McDowell if I'm not mistaken. Now we have a situation where Zac Brooks who has one more year of eligibility and is choosing to waive good bye to football. I mean what a waste of good talent.

Example 3: Quarterback Situation: Deshaun Watson has already sealed his fate to the NFL Draft boards. Why not allow Tucker Israel, Kelly Bryant, or Zerrick Cooper to gain some much needed experience next season? There really is no need for a dual threat QB when you are deep at RB, strong on the offensive line, and have depth at WR/TE. People have no idea what Israel is capable of. They won't even know his name two years from now because it was all about Deshaun Watson. Not to mention I have yet to see Bryant throw a deep pass to anyone. I've seen Israel launch them on film. We have a wealth of WR and they want a good passing QB to get them the ball.

Why is this an issue for the future years to come? The answer is simple. Many recruits will see the writing on the walls. They see guys with 4 and 5 star talent that never get to play. That all adds up to those guys NOT getting drafted into the NFL. People aren't choosing Clemson because they want to wear orange. This isn't the 90's. Many recruits are choosing Clemson because they want to improve their chances to play in the NFL one day. All I am saying is this, if you have the depth then divide your guys up into two separate teams and play them 1st Half and 2nd Half. If you happen to have two different types of QB then have two separate playbooks. One for a pocket passer, the other for the dual threat.

At the end of the day I guess I would like to see others get more of an opportunity. Many will say, "oh we're just feeding so and so the ball because they have the hot hand". However, how do we know that they're the only one with the hot hand when we haven't given the ball to a single person outside of them to even see if they have a hot hand as well? All I'm saying is that you will see recruits avoiding Clemson when it becomes more prevalent to the media that 5 star talent is sitting the benches during game time.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I have none of those concerns - only concern is Spcl teams

Jan 18, 2016, 12:55 PM

play / decision

you know we suck at spcl teams ? -- why not kick out of bounds

you know we have lights out D & Offense -- why not kick out of bounds - play from the 35

you know our kickoff guy has been suspended -- why not kick out of bounds - play from the 35

you know we almost already had a return for 6 -- why not kick out of bounds - play from the 35

never question Dabo's recruiting in my opinion

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I have none of those concerns - only concern is Spcl teams

Jan 18, 2016, 1:10 PM

For a ko out of bounds, the receiving team can opt for a rekick. Soooo. You can't just kick it out of bounds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 7:07 PM

ChestyPuller, I know your post was trying to be serious and analytical but dude get real. Look at the last 4 years and I will defer to Dabo in roster management. Just enjoy the ride. This ride is not over and will continue for as long as we can see if Dabo keeps making the same kind of roster decisions he has made in the past. Go Tigers!!!!

Exactly...know the rules before you make that suggestion!***

Jan 18, 2016, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I have none of those concerns - only concern is Spcl teams ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still say DO IT -- they take it at the 35

Jan 18, 2016, 8:50 PM

especially later in the game -- should have been tried

null

Jan 18, 2016, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I have none of those concerns - only concern is Spcl teams ]

I never questioned Dabo's recruiting... I questioned his playing time management. He is sitting 5 star talent on the bench for 3 and 4 years and expects 5star talent to want to come play for Clemson? Does anyone else not see the concern yet, or will we have to wait another 2 or 3 years when it starts to impact us?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Exactly which 5 stars have sat for 3-4 years?***

Jan 18, 2016, 1:29 PM

that was my question but I didn't want to cloud his rant

Jan 18, 2016, 2:09 PM

with facts

what do you think USC, ND, bama, fsu, UT,

Jan 18, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I have none of those concerns - only concern is Spcl teams ]

bam has about 3x as many 4 & 5 star players

usc has multiple 5 star at same position various years.

what do you think those teams coaches do? there is only 1 football to go around

i was thinking your question wasn't really serious maybe

null

Jan 19, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I have none of those concerns - only concern is Spcl teams ]

Yeah the impact was great this year? MORON

Re: My Biggest Concern About Dabo (SERIOUS POST)

Jan 18, 2016, 12:55 PM

Wow. Just wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have met a few (just a few) Tiger fans that will complain

Jan 18, 2016, 2:10 PM

regardless......

Re: My Biggest Concern About Dabo (SERIOUS POST)***

Jan 18, 2016, 12:57 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 12:59 PM

True 5 star talent will find the field, case in point Christian Wilkins. I want the coaches to play whoever is showing they ready based on practice habits and gameplan study. The rest will work itself out. I definitely don't want unprepared players getting snaps just so recruits are impressed. The goal is to win, and best is the standard. If a big time recruit feels entitled and doesn't want to earn playing time, then they can play for someone else.

Check your water....***

Jan 18, 2016, 1:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make your time***

Jan 18, 2016, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I have. It's mine.***

Jan 18, 2016, 1:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All your SERIOUS are belong to US

Jan 18, 2016, 9:46 PM

!!

null

Jan 18, 2016, 1:03 PM

Never go full ######

About your points

Jan 18, 2016, 1:03 PM

#1 - Hindsight is 20/20. Hard to start a true freshman that missed most of spring camp with an injury against UGA. He played the vast majority of the game against FSU. He would have played the entire game against G. Tech but he blew a knee.

#2 - This was Brook's first healthy season. He has been dinged up with lower leg injuries for most of his career.

#3 - This is college football. You play your best player until the victory is secured, then you move on, getting complacent and messing with personnel is how you get beat. I like winning. Tucker redshirted after breaking his foot in camp.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Re: About your points

Jan 18, 2016, 1:15 PM

I stopped reading when you said no need for a mobile QB. You don't understand our offense or the supreme advantage it gives us to have a QB that threatens the defense with the run and pass. Having a mobile QB is the reason we excel at rushing and blocking the way we do. It's a concept that always stresses the defense and doesn't allow defenses to exploit any weak spots along our line as much as they would if we ran a more traditional offense.

Go Tigers!

Not sure why this is directed at me

I'm guessing you're just struggling to message board properly.

Re: About your points

Jan 18, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: About your points ]

I should have read all the posts before I posted. That's exactly what I was trying to say.

recall the Syr game when Bryant came in on 3rd drive

Jan 18, 2016, 1:09 PM

and fumbles. DW had it going the first 2 drives. If he stays in the game it's probably a complete blowout.

Re: recall the Syr game when Bryant came in on 3rd drive

Jan 18, 2016, 1:18 PM

So basically you are proving my point...

~Chesty Puller

The point he's making is that DW gives us the opportunity to

Jan 18, 2016, 1:19 PM

go 14-1 with abysmal special teams play. None of the other guys give us that, right now.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:13 PM

I thought this thread read "Serious Post"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 1:13 PM

Doesn't seem to be hurting recruiting at Alabama, Georgia, lsu etc.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:19 PM

> Doesn't seem to be hurting recruiting at Alabama,
> Georgia, lsu etc.

That's because they play everyone on the depth roster and guys 2 and 3 deep on the roster are being drafted.

~Chesty Puller

We do a better job of getting subs in the game, than most

Jan 18, 2016, 7:43 PM

any of the other top teams. How many times did I see Saban keep Henry in a blow out game, just to pad his stats. Several.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on TNet.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:15 PM

> Example 3: Quarterback Situation: Deshaun Watson has
> already sealed his fate to the NFL Draft boards. Why
> not allow Tucker Israel, Kelly Bryant, or Zerrick
> Cooper to gain some much needed experience next
> season? There really is no need for a dual threat QB
> when you are deep at RB, strong on the offensive
> line, and have depth at WR/TE. People have no idea
> what Israel is capable of. They won't even know his
> name two years from now because it was all about
> Deshaun Watson. Not to mention I have yet to see
> Bryant throw a deep pass to anyone. I've seen Israel
> launch them on film. We have a wealth of WR and they
> want a good passing QB to get them the ball.

Re: This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on TNet.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:32 PM

Spot on! What Clemson fan would actually say,"Lets sit DW and play his backups in 2016?"
GO TIGERS!!

Fire Deshaun!

Jan 18, 2016, 1:52 PM [ in reply to This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on TNet. ]

??

LOL^^^TRUTH

Jan 18, 2016, 8:04 PM [ in reply to This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on TNet. ]

hahaha its funny because its true ahaha!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with Chesty or not

Jan 18, 2016, 1:16 PM

This young man is a Tiger through and through. Also, he has served this country as a Marine and has the right to say whatever he feels whenever he feels. I love Dabo and believe in him however, if Chesty has some concerns, I'll listen. Chesty, man I am sorry because I am so hated and unpopular I'm sure my words will just cause many hateful replays but as long as the hate is directed at me and not you...Thanks man! Go Tigers!

You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:17 PM

I reserve the right to call him an idiot for saying idiotic things.

Re: You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants.

I concur... I mean I was sort of saying to myself, "maybe I shouldn't post this one"... It's truth though.. It's not recruiting that is a concern just yet... It's ROSTER MANAGEMENT that concerns me. HIS ROSTER MANAGEMENT STYLE CAN EFFECT RECRUITING NEGATIVELY IF IT CONTINUES.

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

~Chesty Puller

Aside from QB, which in case you didn't notice we've got the

Jan 18, 2016, 1:23 PM

#1 QB for 2017 committed, where are we not utilizing 4-5* kids properly?

Zac Brooks is a good RB, Wayne Gallman has a higher ceiling.

Also DW is a true dual threat. He had 4K passing with 70% completions. What receiver wouldn't want him throwing the ball?

Show me a 5 star player that hasn't gotten immediate playing time

Jan 18, 2016, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants. ]

Ill listen...

Alexander!

but a torn groin kept him from playing, so maybe that shouldn't count.

Obviously injuries don't count

Jan 18, 2016, 2:18 PM

Mac would have started from day 1

Jan 18, 2016, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants. ]

Dabo is a man that learns from his mistakes because he knows you have to change and adapt to get better. He didn't play DW4 as early as he should have, learned from it, and this year Hyatt, Cain, Ray Ray, Christian Wilkins, and Austin Bryant all were put on the field in huge roles that were vital to our success. Dabo was wrong, he's human. He's learned, it's not an issue. End of story.

Playing the best player at each position will negatively

Jan 18, 2016, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants. ]

affect recruiting? Gotcha'.

Maybe we should just recruit 2*'s. We could just let everyone walk on, like high school.

You are just plain wrong about roster management......Dabo

Jan 18, 2016, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants. ]

plays a lot of players. He always tells players that he does not determine how much they play.....they do. If they work hard and do the right things then they will play. Think Hunter Renfrow!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 1:22 PM [ in reply to You're right, he has the right to say whatever he wants. ]

You're a "commy".... Just kidding ??

Jan 18, 2016, 1:24 PM

Hey man I got thick skin... I have this little game where I play kill my pulse and bring it back to life on here. It's sort of fun. I knew I would get thumbs down for this one.

~Chesty Puller

Jan 18, 2016, 1:30 PM

Ummm. You better off making fun of north Carolina panthers.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:20 PM

This won't go well for you.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 18, 2016, 1:23 PM

null

I've read some pretty stupid posts on here before..

Jan 18, 2016, 1:31 PM

But this might take the cake as the all time dumbest! What the hell are you talking about??

2013 UGA game, McDowell went over 100 yds (and over 1,000 for the season) and Brooks scored a TD in that game as well. Not sure what the problem is

Regarding next season....you are questioning things that haven't even happened yet! I mean good God...this really might be the most ridiculous statement ever made! What are we supposed to do, cease to use our All-World QB next year to prepare for the year after? Are you on crack?

And what makes you think Dabo won't be giving the younger QBs playing time when the situation allows for it? We saw plenty of Kelly Bryant this year when the game was out of reach

Message was edited by: CU2013®

Re: I've read some pretty stupid posts on here before..

Jan 18, 2016, 3:05 PM

Hey at least I won something. However, can anyone tell me why we would play Kelly Bryant over Tucker Israel next season? If Tucker is healthy why wouldn't we want to play him as a back up. If Deshaun Watson starts then there is no reason why we wouldn't sit him the 2nd Half of each game. I don't see a game on next season's schedule where we wouldn't have a strong commanding lead by half time. Tucker Israel threw 19 touchdowns in a two game stretch in his senior year at high school... He broke Tebow's records for number of touchdown passes and yards thrown. Even a pocket passer can do a run by design play.

~Chesty Puller

Well Israel was hurt this year, and we do play subs in

Jan 18, 2016, 3:13 PM

garbage time. Just admit you made a HOF-caliber dumb post and move on.

Im sure Tucker will get a shot at earning some playing time this year

Jan 18, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I've read some pretty stupid posts on here before.. ]

I suggest you let the upcoming year play out before you go ahead and jump to conclusions

;)

Re: Im sure Tucker will get a shot at earning some playing time this year

Jan 18, 2016, 12:59 PM
image.jpeg(22.5 K)

I just had a brilliant idea. It's a jump to conclusions mat!

Jan 18, 2016, 5:44 PM

WHO ALL SEEN DA LEPRI-KAHN SAY YEAA-AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Re: I've read some pretty stupid posts on here before..

Jan 18, 2016, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I've read some pretty stupid posts on here before.. ]

Just because Israel put up those insane numbers in high school doesn't mean he will be a good college qb. If he is better than Bryant and Cooper, he will back up dw4 next year. If not, he should sit on the bench.

And do you honestly think we are gonna blow every team out next year to the point where dw4 will not play a second half in every game? Probably not going to happen, and I'm saying that based on the fact that it's never been done probably, in history.

Did you eat paint as a child?***

Jan 18, 2016, 1:31 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottled water from Flint....***

Jan 18, 2016, 1:40 PM

Jan 18, 2016, 1:33 PM

Example 1 -you do remember DW4 was injured? Also since we don't get to see practice, we don't know all the details -from someone who was at every practice for 4 years. I agree that Chad was too stubborn to change. Stoudt said he wouldn't even talk to him. We are better off with him back in Texas.
Example 2 - Zac Brooks is ready to get on with his life. I remember having two starters leave early in 1965 - one to med school and one to law school. Both very successful. Do you say they made the wrong move? How was Dabo supposed to change Brook's mind? Zac knows the roster and who is coming in.That is like saying we should never have someone enter the NFL draft early.
Example 3 - name a team that is successful running a 2 qb system? Go back to practice. we don't know how much of the playbook the others have mastered. Believe me QB's know the drill. Only one gets quality time. the others wait their turn or move to other positions (since in HS the QB is usually the best athlete on the team) or transfer. The fact that we have two more on roster, one coming in and two 4/5 stars committed tells me there is no problem.

Look at the team that just beat us. They are loaded at every position with 4 and 5 stars. Yet they keep getting them. The only time running two separate units equally was back in the day when players went both ways and you had too.

Lots of teams do what we are doing, doesn't cause them a problem. Players want to go to schools that have elite teams. Thats where we are now. Recuiting rank for this year is #5, next year's is already #7. Our coaches know what they are doing!

Jan 18, 2016, 1:37 PM

The short answer is that our coaching staff has all of the information about our players. We as fans, have little information, so we cannot make informed opinions on roster management.

To your first point, there was a plan for bringing DW4 along gradually. We were a good enough team to win with Stoudt and Chad Kelly, while bringing Deshaun along, but Kelly was a jacka$$ and got dismissed, and then Cole was playing with a bad shoulder for part of the season.

To your second point, Zac Brooks had problems staying healthy.

To your third point, DW4 is the best player in the country, so you play him while you have him. As you pointed out, he will soon be going to the NFL. We might be deep at RB, but at his point cannot run when we want to. We're using the dual-threat QB to open up opportunities for our RBs. I don't see us as deep at TE. We do have depth at WR, but our talent there still needs to be developed.

To your last point, if 4 or 5 star recruits earn it, they will play. They won't be sitting the bench unless they are not working, or have off the field issues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:37 PM

Somewhat agree with #1, disagree with 2 because Rb is a lot more than about carries. There are overlooked elements of the position that keep guys off the field. #3 hasn't happened yet so that should be removed, it's just speculation. But I admire you being willing to post soemthing that isn't all sunshine and roses because inevitably you are going to get attacked by the idiots on here.

Yeah, it's all the idiots attacking this genius suggestion

Jan 18, 2016, 1:38 PM

All I am saying is this, if you have the depth then divide your guys up into two separate teams and play them 1st Half and 2nd Half. If you happen to have two different types of QB then have two separate playbooks. One for a pocket passer, the other for the dual threat.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: My Biggest Concern About Dabo (SERIOUS POST) ]

Is he will not hang more than 60 on coots in Death Valley in Nov.

But I am confidant the 3 rd string will hang 14 on them .,

Jan 18, 2016, 1:43 PM

I quit reading when you said there's no need for a duel threat qb when you have a good rb and offensive line. You are probably one of the people who at the beginning of the season said that dw4 shouldn't use his legs because it risks injury.

There is a reason why our offense was so good this year, and its because dw4 was a great runner and play extender. A duel threat qb gives the defense so much more to prepare for and makes their game planning much more difficult. So yes, we do need a duel threat qb. Even with feaster and a great o line, it is still very much needed in our offense.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:49 PM

Your feathers are showing

Jan 18, 2016, 1:50 PM

.....wut....?

As Aaron says. R. E. L. A. X.

Jan 18, 2016, 1:52 PM

PLEASE play in traffic and end it now. You have nothing but unmet expectations and disappointment ahead of yourself. I'll bet you're disappointed every Christmas and Bday because you didn't get the perfect gift. Ending it now will save you from a life of 2nd guessing and always being the smartest one in the room. Don't worry, I'm sure you would be able to find plenty of people willing to assist to put you out if your misery!

Jan 18, 2016, 3:31 PM

Wow... Not okay dude

Seems like if a player is expecting to make an NFL roster and play with guys who are already in the league they would relish the idea of competing with the best NCAA players for playing time in college. I mean if they can't beat out other college players for playing time how can they expect to compete with professionals? I'm not trying to be a contentious prik here, Chesty, but this should be considered.

If they expect to just stroll on and start their ego might be bigger than their talent.

IMO, Kelly got a fair shot at playing last season. It was obvious that he wasn't ready since he broke and ran the ball every time he was in the heat. It's not a fair comparison but you know when lead is flying and you're in the real chit you don't have time to think. You do and you do right or else.

I'm not saying he won't make it, I'm just saying he wasn't ready. We all knew his ceiling was high and we all knew he was going to take a lot more time to master this offense than his competitors on the team. I think that was in play last season and I expect him to get more time on the grass but his playing time is going to be directly proportional to his mastery of the book. I expect nothing less if he is to be developed into a starter.

I'll admit Dabo has had problems handling the emotions of our team in the first few years of his tenure and sometimes the boy's heads got so big they though they couldn't lose. I suspect his not starting DW in the first few games of DW's freshman year had a lot to do with protecting his confidence and ensuring that it remained high. You don't put a fresh West Point grad in command of an entire theater of war. Maybe that's a little exaggerated since all we are trying to do is win a ball game but it makes the point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 and 5 star talent that never get to play

Jan 18, 2016, 2:15 PM

2011 Player Commits 5*-2 Tony Steward, Charone Peake 4*-7 Martavis Bryant, Stephone Anthony, Sammy Watkins, Mike Bellamy, Lateek Townsend, Spencer Region, Cortez Davis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Player Commits 5* - None 4*-7 Travis Blanks, Germone Hopper, Chad Kelly, Jay Guillermo, Patrick Destefano, Carlos Watkins, Shaquille Lawson (again), Zac Brooks (ESPSN total shows 7 4*s but Brooks has 4 stars by his name so I included him. Think they meant 3* though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 Player Commits 5* - 1 Mackensie Alexander 4*-15 Ben Boulware, Dorian O'Daniel, Tyshon Dye, Tyrone Crowder, Ebenezer Ogundeko, Kyrin Priester (again), Adrian Baker, Mike Williams, Scott Pagano, Shaquille Lawson, Dane Rogers, Jordan Leggett, Wayne Gallman, Jayron Kearse, T.J. Green
2014 Player Commits 5* - None 4*-14 Deshaun Watson, Artavis Scott, Trevion Thompson, Demarre Kitt, Kyrin Priester, Korie Rogers, Milan Richard, Jae'lon Oglesby, Cannon Smith, Adam Choice, Chris Register, C.J. Fuller, Kendall Joseph, Richard Yeargin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2015 Player Commits 5* - 1 Mitch Hyatt 4*-18 Deon Cain, Christian Wilkins, Jake Fruhmorgen, Sterling Johnson, Noah Green, Garrett Williams, Austin Bryant, Clelin Ferrell, Ray-Ray McCloud, Mark Fields, Albert Huggins, Chad Smith, Gage Cervenka, Zach Giella, Shadell Bell, Kelly Bryant, LaSamuel Davis, Van Smith
Except for red-shirts, a couple of "tweeners" & players who are not around, it appears that everyone is playing.
Who did you have in mind?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 and 5 star talent that never get to play

Jan 18, 2016, 10:19 PM

great post! Exactly what 4-5 star players are not getting their fair share of playing time?

this is easily in the Top 5 of dumbest posts

Jan 18, 2016, 2:35 PM

I've ever read.

I really hope this was an attempt at satire.

Unfortunately....***

Jan 18, 2016, 3:24 PM

POTD.

Jan 18, 2016, 3:20 PM

0.0 flaws in logic
0.0 contradictions

100% truth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

When you have to put (SERIOUS POST)

Jan 18, 2016, 3:24 PM

you've lost the war and need to go back down to your mom's basement and think about why your life hasn't gone the way you wanted it to.

Hot Rod > Zac Brooks.***

Jan 18, 2016, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hot Rod > Zac Brooks.***

Jan 18, 2016, 6:21 PM

Nope. Zach Brooks all day.

How do you have concerns about a HC when we went 14-1. And won 10

Jan 18, 2016, 3:41 PM

Games the last 3 or is it 4 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad water @ Camp Lejuene - must have spent too much time

Jan 18, 2016, 4:56 PM

there. Good luck General, The VA has a wonderful palliative care unit!

Practice!

Jan 18, 2016, 5:24 PM

How many did you attend?

Patton was the better general - why did Roosevelt put Ike in charge?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

COOT***

Jan 18, 2016, 5:46 PM

You must have been sleeping for the first four or five games

Jan 18, 2016, 5:58 PM

We played everyone...a lot. The cream rose to the top and started getting most/all of the snaps after that. Just look at our RB rotation during that time.

If there's one thing that Dabo has proven it's that he will give anyone a chance to succeed...look at walk-on Renfrow. Should he sit just because some other player with some stars is also available?

If someone is truly a 5* talent, then they will prove that during practice/off-season. If they can't prove it then, well I guess they can ride the bench until they do.

Stars don't equal playing time.

Jan 18, 2016, 6:10 PM

"All I am saying is this, if you have the depth then divide your guys up into two separate teams and play them 1st Half and 2nd Half. If you happen to have two different types of QB then have two separate playbooks. One for a pocket passer, the other for the dual threat."

I'm sorry. I don't mean to pile on, but just what in the #### were you thinking when you wrote this? I just reread your post and couldn't help but facepalm at least 5 times. Do you honestly think this would work? Do you really think we could win games like this? I just am curious to your reasoning behind this god awful idea. Not trying to be an ###, I've just never read anything football related that was so....umm....idiotic.

Jan 18, 2016, 6:25 PM

Not sure if cirius....

Is he actually calling for Dabo to sit Watson?

Jan 18, 2016, 6:37 PM

Wow!!!! Really.......The only way quality athletes are on the bench will be because far better athletes are on the field. If your logic was even close to being correct Alabama would not be the team that they have become. You build a "dynasty" from the inside out. Dabo's got this......

This is satire, right?

Jan 18, 2016, 7:21 PM

If not ... oh my.

Re: This is satire, right?

Jan 19, 2016, 10:24 AM

YES it is satire...Oddly this is the most votes I've ever received on TNET... Sadly most of them were thumbs down. Oh well, if I can get it to 81% I'm happy... It's at 82% now, but I don't want to over kill it.

~Chesty Puller

Re: This is satire, right?

Jan 19, 2016, 10:27 AM

You have a skill that can only be appreciated by a flat line

It's like the team doesn't practice and coaches watch it?***

Jan 18, 2016, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jan 18, 2016, 7:52 PM

Huh?

Georgia couldn't get their hands on McDowell. He was clutch in that game.

Brooks had the good TD catch.

Jan 18, 2016, 9:16 PM

My biggest concern is that one day he will leave Clemson. Over thinking will destroy all the pleasure in life, chill and enjoy a very special time.

Jan 18, 2016, 10:13 PM

My biggest concern about Dabo is someone stealing him from Clemson

Jan 18, 2016, 10:21 PM

Dude Deshaun Watson is the best Clemson player I have ever seen in my 58 years. #4 is the reason we even had a chance to win a National Championship. I don't really care who plays backup QB next year as long as #4 is healthy. If the game is in hand, play someone else for experience, otherwise enjoy seeing the best athlete to take the field at Clemson most likely in all our lifetimes.

Jan 19, 2016, 1:09 AM

Worst post I've ever read on tiger net.

Are you tucker Israel? Seemed like it there for a minute.

Dabo knows what he's doing, and your assessment was terrible. Play one half the second half? You don't know jack shot about football.

My biggest concern for tiger net

Jan 19, 2016, 1:10 AM

Is morons like the op .

My god.!!!! ####!!!

Jan 19, 2016, 5:18 AM

Something tells me chesty isnt quite "all in", maybe his tailfeathers are showing? For someone who has so many concerns about this coach that just led his team to the ACC championship and within 5 points of natty, it could be that he doesnt own a single orange shirt in his wardrobe. This thread is way too long for this kind of "serious" post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I'm leaving the coaching to the coaches.

Jan 19, 2016, 6:59 AM

They seem to know what they're doing and are doing a great job with it.

Jan 19, 2016, 7:17 AM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh at this drivel

Jan 19, 2016, 7:34 AM

Op sounds like some of the parents I deal with at Tball

Jan 19, 2016, 7:36 AM

if op is idiot i agree. lol

Jan 19, 2016, 7:47 AM

Maybe this has been answered already, but I don't feel like going through 10 pages of posts. What 5 stars do we have riding the bench?

Replies: 101
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic