Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville

Sep 11, 2017, 6:19 PM

I know L Jackson is a great player but I keep going back to the same question in my mind...

Could Louisville beat Auburn? My answer to myself is ..... NO.

As long as we don't turn the ball over and our D plays top shelf , we will win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville

Sep 11, 2017, 6:27 PM

What exactly makes Auburn so great? They went 8-5 last year and it looks like that's their ceiling this year.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:28 PM

Auburn beat an LSU team that handled UL last year... just saying.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:42 PM

What makes Auburn so great? They have a ton of talent. 5-stars at almost every position. Compare that to how Louisville recruits. Recruiting rankings aren't everything, but Auburn also won a National Championship in 2010. What has Louisville done?

Sep 11, 2017, 9:50 PM

Nothing! ESPN tricks teams like Louisville, Oklahoma, and Penn State to believing they can compete with recruiting machines like Clemson only to be smashed in the mouth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville ]

They weren't that good this time last week, just another overrated SEC squad.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:39 PM

They were picked as a dark horse in the SEC West to challenge Bama...funny how that narrative changes when they face a top defense, huh? Now it's "Auburn's not that good"....or maybe, Clemson is.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:45 PM

Isn't that always the case after Clemson beats somebody?

Same thing happens to everybody we beat (OK,OSU,'BAMA)....they're all world beaters when somebody else beats them. When Clemson beats them the narrative changes to "they weren't that good".

....getting old.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville ]

I wouldn t say great but I would say very physical and very capable. I don't see any way auburn doesn't have a great year. I really believe they coulda beat a ton of teams Friday but this Clemson D is just really really good when they play like that.

I don't think auburn is some overrated team. They just got beat by the defending national champs at Death Valley in a night game. A Clemson team that could win it all again. A team that's been to back to back national championship games and lost 2 games in 2 years. Auburn will pan out as a solid team. They showed that on the opening drive.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville ]

Not sure. They may end up 8-5 again this year, but I think they'll win 10.

That being said, Auburn's OL and DL are far superior to ya'lls and its not even close.

I'm not sure who would win if you guys played each other. Action Jackson is pretty good.

But, I think if Bobby Petrino had Auburn's roster they'd win 11+ this year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville ]

And that's much different than a Louisville that went 9-4, with one of those wins being the high school team of the Charlotte 49ers?? Do we really need to get in to "last year"??

What makes Louisville that "great" this year, seeing they allowed 344 yards of offense and 28 points to be put on them...by Purdue??

Sep 11, 2017, 8:33 PM

We do not need to take this game lightly...Louisville has given the Tigers fits the past few years!!

Sep 11, 2017, 8:48 PM

Last year, half of that was the Tigers giving the Tigers fits.

On turnovers alone, 2 sets in Louisville territory btw that could have been Clemson scores instead, the Tigers coughed up he ball for Louisville to follow with a score...23 out of their 36 points came directly on drives after turnovers as it increased their game momentum...another 10 was the first half. Not that they aren't credited for the drives, but I've said it once and will say it again....if Clemson had put the game coming out of halftime to 35-10 instead of Ray Ray letting a ball bounce off him into a Louisville defender's hand, that game likely would have never been close. Louisville got tons of momentum started off that interception a subsequent TD.

IMO, this year, control of turnovers is a big key...that and setting the edge against Lamar to keep him contained...watch for slant routes (which he'll use) and the shovel pass (which he's been trying to use the past few games...I fully expect to see that in this game)...less blitzing from the LB's (they need to stay back and cover middle routes and the shovel pass), create pass rush from both of the outsides and the interior line vs their weaker O-Line while limiting his run lanes. Do that, and the game gets much easier.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville ]

Hey be careful, Purdue pounded Ohio last weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been trying to make myself worry about Louisville ]

Well , they're no Kentucky .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic