Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten

Mar 7, 2020, 2:37 PM

to be a platform to personally ridicule someone for expressing an opinion different from their own. Shouldn't it be friendly discussion and lively banter instead of a TD contest?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

It's just reflecting the evolution of our society as a whole***

Mar 7, 2020, 2:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Devolution is more appropriate...........***

Mar 7, 2020, 4:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Devolution is more appropriate...........***

Mar 7, 2020, 7:46 PM

Has anyone seen the movie "Idiocracy"? We aren't that far off and I teach in a public high school.

Take a look at the intro:

https://youtu.be/YwZ0ZUy7P3E

Yes, that movie is scary. And dead on. The dumbing down of the USA.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Yes, that movie is scary. And dead on. The dumbing down of the USA.

Mar 7, 2020, 9:36 PM

Yes, that is the truth. People will not drink Corona beer because they will get the virus.
WOW just wow.

Agree 100%

Mar 8, 2020, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Devolution is more appropriate...........*** ]

I just bought a president Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho t-shirt. That's where we're heading.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: It's just reflecting evolution of our society as a hole

Mar 7, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to It's just reflecting the evolution of our society as a whole*** ]

not striper but people generally. everyone is so self absorbed and opinionated these days

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten

Mar 7, 2020, 2:51 PM

Remember “Germans and Pearl Harbor?” Good old days.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

Germans is far better than SIAP. Change my mind.***

Mar 8, 2020, 11:19 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve been here for almost 25 years

Mar 7, 2020, 2:52 PM

There’s no doubt that in recent years as the number of posters has grown, the content on this board has become exponentially more inane and less interesting to me. There seems to be an inverse proportion between the a user’s post count and the worthwhile substance of their posts. In other words there are many posters who post 40-50 times a day and add virtually nothing worthy of spending the time to read any of it. Lots of guys who think they are hilariously funny, but their shtick got old and ignore-worthy long, long before they reached the 80,000 post count.
And you’re right, divergent opinions draw personal criticism as often as any substantive rebuttal. This may be due to the fact that we have many coots (and others perhaps) pretending to be Clemson fans but are actually here to foment strife.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ve been here for almost 25 years

Mar 7, 2020, 3:07 PM

You are correct IThom. The mouthy ones, who contribute little but ridicules everybody with a different opinion, have run off some good posters. I "thumb down" these jerks whenever I get the chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 3:17 PM

I wish the mods would add an Ignore User button, or something like that.
It seems like it would be a very simple feature to add, and would solve the problem that you are bringing up.
Then the good posters could avoid being run off by the mouthy ones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Flying Tiger nailed it... "There seems to be an inverse proportion

Mar 7, 2020, 5:46 PM [ in reply to I’ve been here for almost 25 years ]

between a user’s post count and the worthwhile substance of their posts". It's like the people who yap incessantly on their cell phones... you can bet they're not dropping pearls of wisdom. And it's always been that way...

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato (427 - 347 BC)

'tis remarkable that they talk most who have the least to say. - Matthew Prior (1664 - 1721)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In simple terms: T-balm and his crew of SEWER DWELLERS

Mar 7, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to I’ve been here for almost 25 years ]

have ruined TigerNet and Crump & B-Meist have lost control of their own board by not 'taking out the trash'.

I don't think anybody's "ruining" TigerNet, I'm just commenting

Mar 7, 2020, 7:20 PM

on today's society in general. Everybody feels the need to express aloud to the universe every single thought that hits their brain. Social media, cell phones, message boards, whatever. Nobody is that smart, nobody has that many interesting things to say. LOL

Re: In simple terms: T-balm and his crew of SEWER DWELLERS

Mar 8, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to In simple terms: T-balm and his crew of SEWER DWELLERS ]

sounds personal to me. Just saying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In simple terms: T-balm and his crew of SEWER DWELLERS

Mar 8, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to In simple terms: T-balm and his crew of SEWER DWELLERS ]

Hello pot

I don't mind the funny posts

Mar 8, 2020, 12:48 AM [ in reply to I’ve been here for almost 25 years ]

If it makes one person laugh who needed a laugh that day, then it's good. The worst are the ones who call others negative names like Snowflake, Goober, etc. and continue with lectures about how your opinion is idiotic and how dumb you are to post such fodder.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 8, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I’ve been here for almost 25 years ]

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Should we counteract the R. A. G. with the

Mar 9, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to I’ve been here for almost 25 years ]

Fraternity Against Gangs? There are several natural fits for membership.

Re: Should we counteract the R. A. G. with the

Mar 9, 2020, 12:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Is this an attempt at a

Mar 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

Hilariously funny post?

Mar 7, 2020, 3:10 PM

Ok boomer

Mar 7, 2020, 3:14 PM

My kid calls me a boomer, lol!

Re: I have been around here for 22 years.

Mar 8, 2020, 12:49 PM

As of Oct. 19 I will no longer have the @.........

Mar 7, 2020, 3:18 PM

There is still good stuff here. I’ve met a couple of really, really good folks here.

Skeeta56®
@MyfavOrange®
TigerHawk76®

To name a few.

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

Thank you kind Sir . . .

Mar 7, 2020, 6:15 PM

The feeling is mutual!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten ]

likewise, hope to get together later this fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2020, 4:08 PM

That's a description for the entirety of social communications today .
Don't agree with a person's political stance ? Religious beliefs ? Choice of sneaker or hat ?
Rail them for it . Give them the business !
Tigernet has a lot of really great banter and I think for the most part it's more Clemson focused and also more neutral than not , but there are those among the crowd who'll always look to throw stones and bark out ideologies to the tune of " Fight me Bro ! " .
What are ya gonna do ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: What are ya gonna do? Vs. Fight me, bro!

Mar 7, 2020, 4:27 PM

Can we shadow box instead?

Or is that too unmanly now that we’re all growed up?

Mar 7, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten ]

RA’d for sensibility.

That’s why I decided several years ago to be...

Mar 8, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten ]

a lover exclusively.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mar 7, 2020, 4:13 PM

shut up looser

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only ones I TD are those who blatantly

Mar 7, 2020, 4:17 PM

attack a longtime poster ... and coots (unless they are civil and know their place).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: The only ones I TD are those who blatantly

Mar 7, 2020, 8:14 PM

There are many long time posters that rarely post. Someone who has posted 40,000 times in the last 5-10 years is better described as a prolific poster without many other interests or hobbies imo.
When I first started lurking in the late 90's the board was obviously cliquish and remains so to this day. The Scout board was the same but more civil.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A poast about how T-Net shouldn’t be a TD contest...

Mar 7, 2020, 4:28 PM

And people replying to the thread are getting TD’d.

I think peeples are missing the point.

~JKB

Re: A poast about how T-Net shouldn’t be a TD contest...

Mar 7, 2020, 4:59 PM

My post got td’ed. Go figure??

It was good natured and fair...

Mar 7, 2020, 5:02 PM

I’VE NEVER BEEN MORE OFFENDED!!!

~JKB

Mar 7, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: A poast about how T-Net shouldn’t be a TD contest... ]

There’s a TU for ya.

Mar 7, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to A poast about how T-Net shouldn’t be a TD contest... ]

Yea, and a long time boomer that. Freakin T-balm.

Mar 8, 2020, 1:44 AM [ in reply to A poast about how T-Net shouldn’t be a TD contest... ]

That is bc they are so full of themselves, that they don't get it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Striperfan hit the nail on the head. I support the

Mar 7, 2020, 4:51 PM

give and take, when done respectfully, unless it's posters like GWP and others (no other names mentioned) who constantly (and justifiably) like to refer to my, ahem, elderly status.

But then again, I really don't mind giving their likes the whatfor, then proceeding. Most TNetters, including many of our lurking-type of visitors are good people, and I never ceased to be amazed with the sports' knowledge by many members. The site does an excellent job with its reporting, all of which make it well-worth my membership fees annually.

I tend to skip over the motor-mouthing and simply enjoy the posts. If they tend toward the obnoxious, then just as simply, I log out and go on to other business.

Best wishes to you, my Tiger Friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Striperfan hit the nail on the head. I support the

Mar 7, 2020, 5:28 PM

You're one of the TNet greats Mr. Hartins ... that's from a 50 year old tugboat captain who'll defend you're right to be aged and outspoken :)

DB23

Hartins is a top 25 poster in my poll.

Mar 7, 2020, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Striperfan hit the nail on the head. I support the ]

We could all learn a thing or two from him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

does anybody have the pic of Jenkins riding

Mar 7, 2020, 5:38 PM

a unicycle with pancakes on his head?
Pergola
Grade of Slaw

Re: does anybody have the pic of Jenkins riding

Mar 8, 2020, 9:46 AM

I have always enjoyed the tigernet dictionary. My wife and I use mind bottling and a grade of slaw all the time. The looks we get when used in public though

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I might have created it...

Mar 8, 2020, 10:44 PM [ in reply to does anybody have the pic of Jenkins riding ]

I feel like I might have been the one who created the Jenkins/Unicycle/Pancake photo. Maybe I'm wrong and I owe the actual creator an apology, but I certainly remember when it came out. I definitely created my profile pic of him. In any event, I would love to see that photo to see if it jogs the memory.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one wants a discussion. They want to be right***

Mar 7, 2020, 6:21 PM

Clemson

Re: No one wants a discussion. They want to be right***

Mar 8, 2020, 12:58 AM

Those people who THINK they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who do.

Mar 7, 2020, 6:38 PM

Yep. Its just an example of the degradation of society. Debate no longer deals in facts. Debate has devolved to emotional response. When one can not deal with a fact, they respond with an emotional insult.

Mar 7, 2020, 11:11 PM

15 years ago it was the same.

Except the coach’s name was Tommy. Not Bradley.

Mar 8, 2020, 12:18 AM

You can thank those imbeciles who vote for Trump, defend his actions, as well as AG Billy Barr, the Republican-led senate, and a host of other conservative idiots for that. Our country is dumber than ever.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I have been around here for 15 years. The board has gotten ]

What's the great Bob Bradley gor to do with this?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 1:37 AM

This is a post that's easy to TU, I've been saying the same for a few years now. And it is growing daily with opinionated, narcissistic, self-absorption, people believing their opinion is the only opinion that counts, and they TD anyone who has a different opinion other than their own!!!

The Internet and the tragedy of the commons

Mar 8, 2020, 9:34 AM

This article explains what you’re seeing better than anything else I’ve seen.

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/the-internet-and-the-tragedy-of-the-commons/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Internet and the tragedy of the commons

Mar 8, 2020, 11:09 AM

A good read....spot on....deserves to be read more than once. Thanks.

From someone who works in IT, great read***

Mar 8, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to The Internet and the tragedy of the commons ]

Clemson

Brawndo for everyone

Mar 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

It’s got electrolytes

It’s all about

Mar 8, 2020, 12:49 PM

Clemson ....... Or it should be. It’s all about supporting the university and it’s teams .... or it should be. It’s not about your knowledge of everything. It’s not about expressing your crude and vulgar comments about anything unimportant.

Re: It’s all about

Mar 9, 2020, 6:11 PM

It’s a line from the aforementioned movie Idiocracy.

Brawndo is basically Gatorade, they start putting “Brawndo” on plants because they buy the government and water system.

Bet you’re a joy to be around

I can't believe I haven't seen this posted yet...

Mar 8, 2020, 8:25 PM

Poast like these are why I hardly ever TNet anymore...;)

Re: I can't believe I haven't seen this posted yet...

Mar 8, 2020, 11:58 PM

I come here for Clemson Sports and Choose what to read. When it turns into a pissing match that's when I'm out. That said I enjoy some banter and Tom Foolery it brightens my day. What else I really like is if I or someone else has a question about anything you folks here on TNET live everywhere and between us all someone knows the answer to just about any question.

Re: I can't believe I haven't seen this posted yet...

Mar 9, 2020, 11:36 AM

Pretty much how I feel. I don't post much anymore because it's a troll fest from hell most of the time.

Mar 9, 2020, 11:26 AM

TNET for me is a source of Humor, witty banter and Clemson Football Inside Dope. That is what I enjoy about it. I don't take anything to serious or anyone's responses to upsetting because at the end of the day; You have an opinion and are entitled to it. I have an opinion and am entitled to it as well. I have the 'freedom' to NOT share my opinion because of the following valuable wisdom found in the form of a question I ask myself incessantly - Do I want to be RIGHT or HAPPY? The quality of my life experience comes from which choice I make on a moment by moment basis.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Mar 9, 2020, 11:42 AM

This is why I’ll never pay to join this site. Been here since 2002, but I refuse to pay someone to insult me.

If you pay you have the option to put anyone who insults you

Mar 9, 2020, 1:49 PM

on ignore. I'm not sure what level that feature starts at though.

Re: If you pay you have the option to put anyone who insults you

Mar 9, 2020, 8:46 PM

I don’t think most people are here to purposely insult people. Everyone has their buttons I guess.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic