Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have absolute faith that NYT would never present fake news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 622

I have absolute faith that NYT would never present fake news

Sep 28, 2020, 12:03 PM

https://twitter.com/alexthechick/status/1310558051171262464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5E

https://twitter.com/alexthechick/status/1310558052173701121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5E

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that person is taking issue with how

Sep 28, 2020, 12:05 PM

some people are using the NYT, not the NYT story itself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the excerpt.

Sep 28, 2020, 12:16 PM

Each time, he requested an extension to file his 1040; and each time, he made the required payment to the I.R.S. for income taxes he might owe — $1 million for 2016 and $4.2 million for 2017. But virtually all of that liability was washed away when he eventually filed, and most of the payments were rolled forward to cover potential taxes in future years.

To cancel out the tax bills, Mr. Trump made use of $9.7 million in business investment credits, at least some of which related to his renovation of the Old Post Office hotel, which qualified for a historic-preservation tax break. Although he had more than enough credits to owe no taxes at all, his accountants appear to have carved out an allowance for a small tax liability for both 2016 and 2017.

When they got to line 56, the one for income taxes due, the amount was the same each year: $750.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the excerpt.

Sep 28, 2020, 12:22 PM

what is the problem here?

"Mr. Trump made use of $9.7 million in business investment credits, at least some of which related to his renovation of the Old Post Office hotel, which qualified for a historic-preservation tax break"

This happens in every city in the Nation by other wealthy developers. It happened here last month with Dan Gilbert.

Trump is just using the law as leverage. I take zero issue with that and again, if you want it changed, then start passing the bills to make that change. I am sure Pelosi and her Husband dont want it changed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, a lot of the people mad about it are

Sep 28, 2020, 12:26 PM

probably the ones who very much want those laws to change, but don't have the votes in Congress.

I should go up to the higher version of Turbo Tax***

Sep 28, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Here's the excerpt. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoopsie.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Here's the excerpt. ]

Oh, and the Old Post Office hotel? The one he forces foreign dignitaries to pay to use if they want to have little personal meetings with him?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Simple as that.***

Sep 28, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Here's the excerpt. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you dont look into the NYT and RussiaRussiaRussia,

Sep 28, 2020, 12:34 PM

yer head will spin for munths

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: I have absolute faith that NYT would never present fake news

Sep 28, 2020, 12:43 PM

Trumpification and the social media problem. If we can’t agree as a society that there is objective truth, then we are done for. If nothing is true, then everything is true. What I want to believe is what is true. Every person with their own little social media bubble and twitter feed and cable news channel has their own version of truth. Expertise means nothing anymore.

We cannot expect to face, let alone solve, any issues if we cannot agree about what is true. That’s one of the things that bothers me so much about Trump is how he will just declare anything that is off message, remotely negative, or even just disagreeing with him as BS and lies.

In short, society is screwed. This is happening all over the world, not just here. The algorithms designed to capture our attention on social media apps have torn the fabric of our society apart by obfuscating reality.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% true...

Sep 28, 2020, 12:50 PM

started long before Trump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a result of 24 hour news networks. They become fixated

Sep 28, 2020, 2:45 PM

to "their" message and try to preach it to anyone remotely in agreement with that message. This is a product of over two decades of 24 hour news networks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well you're in luck because faith requires no evidence***

Sep 28, 2020, 12:54 PM

Sep 28, 2020, 1:46 PM

You don't see any irony in posting a random tweet to make your point?

Sorry, that question mark was supposed to be a period.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Sep 28, 2020, 1:48 PM

for the "correction" statement

Lulz.***

Sep 28, 2020, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 622
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic