Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a repect/moral high road issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,302

I have a repect/moral high road issue

Nov 20, 2012, 9:05 PM

I just found out that my dad will most likely not be able to make it to the game Saturday night (because it is at night). He has peripheral artery disease (sp) which makes him very uncomfortable in a cold climate. He just told me that he felt like he was freezing to death at the last one.

We always park in the ADA lot and ride the bus . I am sure he will insist that I go to the game. Do I take a spot in that lot (I think not). I am perfectly capable of hiking a couple miles if need be.

any suggestions of where to park, I can come early now...however sadly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a repect/moral high road issue

Nov 20, 2012, 9:13 PM

Easy one. Take a Handycapped person. It will help you both

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2012, 9:16 PM

IF you know someone that is a TIGER and that is handicapped than bring them along

Great advice from both of you. I WILL have an extra ticket

Nov 20, 2012, 9:20 PM

but I no longer live there so maybe someone can help.

Bring him

Nov 20, 2012, 9:21 PM

You can buy a dozen or so of those little warming packs. He can put one in each pocket. Stuff a couple in his shoes, inside his gloves, etc. Bundle him up and he should be good to go. They'll last a good 4 hrs if memory serves.

Nice call***

Nov 20, 2012, 9:23 PM

By the end of the first quarter

Nov 20, 2012, 9:26 PM

he could be medium-well done and radiating enough heat to keep YOU warm! :)

Nov 20, 2012, 9:25 PM

I know I'm a coot but I have season tickets thanks to my dad. I lost him 8 years ago. He was to sick to go to the game and he insisted that I go. He died 2 days later. If it were me and something y'all did together then I would stay with him and watch it together. I'm so glad I stayed and watched it with him. I would never go to another game again to have him back. Good luck and I hope your father is around for a long time.

Gotta grab those moments while you still can.

Nov 20, 2012, 9:29 PM

And make the most of them.

so true , I am sure going to try

Nov 20, 2012, 9:34 PM

last year it was the UNC game, I snuck in some oatmeal raisen cookies and he thought that was just the best

Thank you, I have considered that

Nov 20, 2012, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a repect/moral high road issue ]

but he is stubborn, when I came for the Spring game he was feeling down and insisted I go to the game and get a program without him.

scarey what you said about your Dad's passing, My Mom passed on this very Thanksgiving in 2005.

lots of things going on here.

Re: Thank you, I have considered that

Nov 20, 2012, 9:39 PM

I do not think its wrong to go I was just stating that if tha's something y'all did together trust me when I tell you that he will enjoy it more with you. Please dont take this the wrong way but when I was leaving that night he said to me that he did't think he would see another USC/CU game again and he said thanks. Our situations are different my dad had cancer. So no matter what enjoy it. It goes by in a flash

Strange

Nov 20, 2012, 9:47 PM

mine said the same thing, he felt like this would be his last game. He is 89 and has not missed a home game in many years.

Thank you for your kindness

Re: Strange

Nov 20, 2012, 9:53 PM

You are welcome I hope it works out for you.

Well, it's not like

Nov 20, 2012, 9:33 PM

the handicap lot is a prime location next to the stadium or anything (at least not any more). The main thing that makes it for handicap people is the bus ride to/from the stadium. So IMO, as long as you don't make it where a handicap person can't gain access to a bus ride, I don't see a moral issue. But at the same time, there's plenty of public parking just as close to (or far from) the stadium as the handicap lot, so I would just park in a public lot and don't lose any sleep over it.

You could also consider getting top dollar for your tickets (from a Clemson fan of course), enjoy watching the game on TV with your dad, and both of you stay warm Saturday night. In the long run, that might provide better memories than actually attending the game this time.

Nov 21, 2012, 8:38 PM

I needed to bump this because I am here now and need to make some decisions.

would he agree to season's with you? they're doing tailgatin

Nov 21, 2012, 8:48 PM

for every game far as i know and you'd both be warm! I'll give you my parking pass if you need it, (13) but i tend to agree that it'd be best to watch it with him, wherever y'all choose. You can never get this time back and believe me the memories are what keep you going.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for that***

Nov 21, 2012, 8:57 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic