Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to say this about Columbia,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I hate to say this about Columbia,

Aug 18, 2012, 8:21 AM

but Sherman did the right thing. When a forest gets out of control, a prescribed burning is ultimately good for both animal and plant life. Columbia is getting out of control again..........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to say this about Columbia,

Aug 18, 2012, 9:23 AM

I live in North Augusta, but I had to go to columbia yesterday. I couldn't get over how dreadful that place is. Although it's the home of the coots, i really do wish it was a nicer place. It'd be nice to be proud of the capital of our state. But it's just awful!

Aug 18, 2012, 12:04 PM

I had to go there yesterday too. Feel like you have to have a shower as soon as you leave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's nothing more than the slums, the city is just plain out

Aug 18, 2012, 9:31 AM

ugly. And that's coming from a person that has lived in the Columbia area my whole life. It's also an incredibly boring city. The shamecocks block any minor league pro teams from using their facilities, so there are no type of pro sport events to attend. Musical acts of all genres stay away from Columbia like the plague. It's very rare that a quality musical act performs in Columbia. Also, the restaurants in Columbia are horrible. The only good thing about Columbia is Riverbanks Zoo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? 'The slums?'

Aug 18, 2012, 9:47 AM

Some of y'all talk about Columbia as if you've never been to an actual city.

If Columbia is the worst place this state has to offer, we're the most spoiled citizens in the US.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd put every major city ahead of Columbia in SC. GSP

Aug 18, 2012, 10:43 AM

Charleston, Summerville, Rock Hill/Fort Mill, Florence... Columbia's pretty much last on the list for me.

Heck, Hodges is ahead of Columbia***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:15 PM

and of course the zoo has a TIGER!***

Aug 18, 2012, 9:09 PM [ in reply to It's nothing more than the slums, the city is just plain out ]

Aug 18, 2012, 9:39 AM

Althuogh I have relatives that live there, I have always said that Columbia is The H@llhole of the Carolina's!

Aug 18, 2012, 9:40 AM

"Although"

Aug 18, 2012, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to say this about Columbia, ]

carolina's? more like the entire southeast!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't some of you critics

Aug 18, 2012, 10:45 AM

post the name of your location, so we can judge which is a better place to live?

Come on - you can do it.

Re: Why don't some of you critics

Aug 18, 2012, 12:02 PM

> post the name of your location, so we can judge which
> is a better place to live?
>
> Come on - you can do it.

haha yes! most of these idiots would pry say "Florence!" Columbia is epic if you know what the hell you are doing... of course I doubt these people get out much anyway

Aug 18, 2012, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Why don't some of you critics ]

live in greenville,s.c.. but looking at cities i have lived outside denver,co (lowry,afb) for 1 1/2 yrs.,outside nyc for 3 1/2 yrs (picatinny arsenal),outside louisville, ky for 2 1/2 yrs. (ft. knox), which btw is also relatively close to cincinnatti,oh.,and a few others for shorter periods of time, so i have lived in (or around) quite a few cities over my lifetime (some foreign cities,also), and i still contend that columbia,s.c. is a dump.

Aug 18, 2012, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Why don't some of you critics ]

I live in Charlotte, on the south side... Watcha gonna say about that?

ZA

Aug 18, 2012, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Why don't some of you critics ]

Would telling you where I live make Columbia anything but a dump ? Cornelius, NC. Nope, Columbia is still a miserable dump.

I live in ATL, which sucks balls...

Aug 18, 2012, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Why don't some of you critics ]

but Columbia makes Atlanta look like NYC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I live in ATL, which sucks balls...

Aug 19, 2012, 12:12 AM

False. ATL sucks 10x worse than Columbia.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Wanna know where I'm from? A little place called

Aug 18, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Why don't some of you critics ]

"None of you Gotdamn business."

null

Greenville, SC.

Aug 19, 2012, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Why don't some of you critics ]

Lived in Columbia for 10 years.

It sucks.

Aug 18, 2012, 12:07 PM

Im from central and I live in myrtle beach, I travel to cola to work more than half of the yr. So I think I can say this, Cola is the most horrid place in SC and on top of that it is our state capital and thats sad..

Aug 18, 2012, 1:45 PM

I'm in Greenville also. What the developers have accomplished in our Main Street / downtown area should be a benchmark for Columbia. I'm not saying Greenville is "all that" compared to some places in the Southeast, but the variety of entertainment -- Fluor Field for minor league baseball, Bi-Lo Center for big name concerts, Falls Park, and the Peace Center for the Performing Arts -- all within walking distance of 30 or more restaurants set upon wide sidewalks in a relatively safe environment, makes for a popular destination across the age spectrum. If I didn't live here, I'd pick Charleston (and an offshore fishing boat.)

Yessiree......

Aug 18, 2012, 2:26 PM

Y'all all live in some fine places - just about the best there is anywhere in the world I s'pose.

For a kid who grew up in Orangeburg, SC, traveled all over the US, plus Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Cuba, the Carribean and lived in:

Atlanta, GA
Raleigh, NC
Fuquay-Varina, NC
Great Falls, VA (Wash., DC suburbs)
Lake Forest, IL (Chicago suburbs)
Fairfield, CT (NYC suburbs)

and now Columbia, SC - all I can say is that life is what you make it - and there are plenty of worse places than Columbia. There's not a lot to do, but there's a lot more to the city than USuC - namely, proximity to the coast and mountains.

Also, every now and then someone like Lou Holtz moves into my neighborhood and I get to have some real fun - like when he first moved here. He was asked what sort of season he would have and he said they should win 5 and he could out-coach 4 others, so about 9-2. That year, the coots went 0-11 and the next year, 1-10. Now where else can you have that much fun right in your own neighborhood?

Re: Yessiree......

Aug 18, 2012, 6:39 PM

columbia still sucks!!!

Re: Yessiree......

Aug 18, 2012, 7:24 PM

The only reason to be in Columbia is if you are currently attending or did attend The University of South Carolina IMO.

Aug 18, 2012, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to say this about Columbia, ]

Let me guess, every time you work in Columbia, you stay at the Courtyard off Bush River Rd and you eat at Fuddruckers.

You folks will not admit Columbia is on the rise. 10 years ago, the nicest hotel in town was the Adam's Mark. Now they have a Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton, and are building a Grand Hyatt all downtown. The restaurants are light years ahead of where they were-- ever heard of The Oak Steakhouse in Charleston? Their first non Charleston restaurant? You guessed it, coming to Columbia. "No good acts play in Columbia?" The Eagles, The Boss, Aerosmith, Prince, Kings of Leon, etc...

Is it the cultural center if the universe? No. But you idiots act like its worse than Bosnia.

I now live in Richmond, VA. Columbia is a doghouse.

Aug 18, 2012, 8:51 PM

It's not the worst place I've ever been (That distinction belongs somewhere off the coast of Saudi Arabia) but it's a dirty city. I dislike the downtown area immensely. I do love the suburban areas around the city, though. Not so bad. But downtown sucks horribly and is a craphole.

Re: Re: I hate to say this about Columbia,

Aug 18, 2012, 8:56 PM

Thats's pretty bad when someone from Disgusta Ga thinks Columbia is a #### hole.

I agree with all the comments. Wish WIS-TV would read this!

Aug 18, 2012, 9:14 PM

columbia is way behind Greenville and also Charleston.

Columbia....,

Aug 18, 2012, 10:21 PM

Its a shame to see what our state capitol has become. I lived there for a while, and still travel there once a week, i like to refer to it as AMERICAS SEPTIC TANK , lol

Best thing that comes out of Columbia is

Aug 18, 2012, 10:32 PM

I-26........best view of Columbia is in the Rear View Mirror. I have lived in Charleston, Clemson, Greenville and now Beautiful Beaufort. I am happy to say that I have never had the pleasure of living in Cootsberg. There is a God and he is merciful!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Best thing that comes out of Columbia is

Aug 19, 2012, 8:21 AM

Beaufort is certainly beautiful, but can someone do something about the 'no-see-um's'? They eat me up when I'm in the area.

Why not make Charleston the Capitol ????***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I vote Slabtown for capitol.........:~)***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There you go. Purrfect

Aug 18, 2012, 11:30 PM

and reopen the diner there to boot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic