Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help a fellow Tiger send a message! He's had enough!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Help a fellow Tiger send a message! He's had enough!!

May 8, 2016, 9:39 PM

If you care how the American Flag is treated please go sign this change.org petition. Send SI a message. A friend of mine, a fellow Tiger fan has posted it. Make it about the Flag not gender!!!!

Here is the text of the petition

According to media reports Caitlyn(Bruce) Jenner will appear on a summer cover of Sports Illustrated wearing NOTHING but an American Flag and his gold medals! The American Flag should never be used in this way!! It is disrespectful to the millions of men and women who have fought for the American Flag! Many thousands have died for the flag and returned home to their families in a coffin draped by the symbol for which they were fighting! The use of the flag in the way SI will use it is disrespectful and un-patriotic! After serving in the Army and National Guard for 30 years, my father's casket will be adorned by the American Flag! He has earned it! This is not a transgender issue! It is a respect and patriotic issue! The thought of the American Flag being used as Sports Illustrated intends to do disgusts me and is offensive to many in my community! I am a Clemson Tiger fan and love seeing the Tigers on the SI covers, but if this happens as is planned, I will never purchase another SI Magazine!! Please help me send a message to SI that we are adamantly opposed to their intended use of the American Flag!!

The petition can be found at Change.org!

Petition · Sports Illustrated Magazine: Stop Sports Illustrated's Disrespectful and Un-Patriotic Cover! · Change.org

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help a fellow Tiger send a message! He's had enough!!

May 8, 2016, 9:44 PM

null

Message was edited by: tinker®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do images of hawt girls in US bikinis illicit the same disdainful response?

May 8, 2016, 9:57 PM

If not, perhaps this has nothing to do with the flag.

http://coed.com/2012/05/28/hot-sexy-american-flag-model-photos/
Message was edited by: soywaker®

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

For those giving me a td, why?

May 9, 2016, 12:04 AM

Can you offer why these are different if this a patriotic issue regarding a misuse of the US A flag?
Two more thoughts... and they won't be taken well by folks who just want to dig in to their preconceived stance..

1. Isn't the freedom to be free in this great country exactly what the brave men and women of our history fought for? Isn't bigger than a group we like or don't like?

2. By this social media push to let everybody know what SI is doing, do you not recognize your are doing for SI exactly what they wanted? No such thing as bad press.

Just a word of advice, the more you speak to something, the more power you give it. This whole transgender thing isn't my battle and I would never have clicked on the thread had I known what were in it.. i would simply have ignored it, just like i ignore that school from the midlands.

Be well all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yep - I reserve the right to be inconsistent in my thoughts.***

May 9, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Do images of hawt girls in US bikinis illicit the same disdainful response? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no they don't.***

May 9, 2016, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Do images of hawt girls in US bikinis illicit the same disdainful response? ]

That's not a flag!!***

May 9, 2016, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Do images of hawt girls in US bikinis illicit the same disdainful response? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just signed it! I hope others follow suit!***

May 8, 2016, 10:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Done

May 8, 2016, 10:04 PM

This is an abomination. This PC Crap has to stop. Trump for President.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moron. People like you is why the country is going to ####.***

May 8, 2016, 11:03 PM

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Why is this on the football board? Idiot.

May 8, 2016, 10:58 PM

Take your whiny ### to facebook. Who the #### cares what dude is wearing? It's like you ####### idiots just look for something to ##### about. Good grief, just let people live their lives. #######.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

You mean "dudette" I believe.

May 9, 2016, 7:41 AM

Your welcome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Why is this on the football board? Idiot.

May 9, 2016, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Why is this on the football board? Idiot. ]

Go away. Learn the word respect

Re: Why is this on the football board? Idiot.

May 10, 2016, 10:27 AM

Yeah, like all those folks respecting Caitlyn Jenner in this thread.

I get that she's a godless heathen who deserves all the pain and torment that HELL can provide, but can't we let Gawd make that choice?

Because Jenner gave his balls the boot - thus football.

May 9, 2016, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Why is this on the football board? Idiot. ]

C'mon man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a crock of crap. GFY.***

May 8, 2016, 11:24 PM

I thought about signing, but

May 9, 2016, 6:31 AM

your post didn't have enough exclamation points to convince me, so I decided not to.

I would have, but after reading...

May 9, 2016, 6:46 AM

...I couldn't find anything about football in the post.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would have, but after reading...

May 9, 2016, 9:24 AM

Precisely ????... Zero relevance to Clemson going all the way this season :(

People still read that (except for one really good issue)?

May 9, 2016, 8:00 AM

I quit reading that POS in the mid 90's when they started going left. Left is fine (you get to rest 1/2 of your brain), but not in sports. Sports should be apolitical.

That's why I almost never watch E$ECPN anymore. Since you asked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People still read that (except for one really good issue)?

May 9, 2016, 6:01 PM

> I quit reading that POS in the mid 90's when they
> started going left. Left is fine (you get to rest 1/2
> of your brain), but not in sports. Sports should be
> apolitical.
>
> That's why I almost never watch E$ECPN anymore.
> Since you asked.

Yes sports should be apolitical except when Jesse Owens sticks it in Hitler's face or Louis beats Schmelling or the miracle on ice in 80 when we put it to those commies

Re: People still read that (except for one really good issue)?

May 9, 2016, 12:18 PM

Great point! LOL!

Those were some good days!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's your first post on tnet?

May 9, 2016, 8:21 AM

How about you take your dumb crap off the football board. Mmmkay?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ this petition is worth signing

May 9, 2016, 2:44 PM

How do we make that a thing?

Use your right hand

May 10, 2016, 4:00 PM

Since your left is busy.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

May 9, 2016, 8:22 AM

Great first post /s

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Point - but I will use my freedom to not buy SI & hopefully

May 9, 2016, 8:29 AM

Not click on any links to the cover. My issue with Jenner is that it seems to be a huge publicity stunt. Using the American flag as a cover garment further illustrates that point. All this doesn't seem authentic.

The link to the hot women using the flag colors in bikinis and the flag as a wrap did not bother me. Seems like they are also trying to enhance their publicity.

BTW I do like the Clemson guys on the SI cover.

happily done...***

May 9, 2016, 12:25 PM

If you don't like it, don't pay for the issue

May 9, 2016, 1:16 PM

It's a lot easier than writing a petition that won't garner any response.

I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a

May 9, 2016, 1:56 PM

nationalist mob...but I'm going to try.

I think the body of your request is misleading. My father didn't fight for "the flag" but rather what the flag stands for. Who would offer up their lives for a piece of cloth? No, it's about what the flag represents which is Freedom. And one of, if not the most cherished freedoms is the Freedom of Speech.

However disagreeable I may find Katelyn Jenner, his/her use of the flag as a form of speech I wholeheartedly support.

Freedom of Speech isn't just allowing speech that everyone finds agreeable but true freedom is allowing all speech.

Otherwise it's not a Freedom at all. It's a misguided attempt by one segment of the population to limit another segment to only the type of speech they find agreeable.

I'd rather look at hot chicks wearing thongs than Jenner anytime. But that isn't the point, allowing freedom is in fact protecting it.

Go Tigers!

Re: I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a

May 9, 2016, 4:01 PM

The Flag of the United States is only cloth but it represents freedom of speech and all of our other freedoms. Flag Etiquette defines respect for the Flag and using the Flag in certain situations is a sign of disrespect.

The Flag probably means more to me than many of you. It's more than a piece of cloth, it's a symbol of my having the opportunity to enjoy these freedoms guaranteed under our Constitution. Having served in both WW2 and the Korean War, I have a sense of pride, knowing that the sight of the Flag reminds me of those freedoms and opportunities I have enjoyed for almost 95 years. I am happy to admit the sight of that Flag still brings chill bumps when I stand and salute that beautiful symbol of our freedoms.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 5:49 PM

Joe21, first let me thank you for your service. I was unable to serve because of a hearing issue which was a grave disappointment for me.

My dad served in the Navy during WWII and we respected and honored the flag at our house. Clearly the flag deserves respect, but it does represent Freedom. Unfortunately for some of us, we are disappointed when we see it treated less than honorably. However, I believe the greater point is the exercise of the very freedoms that it represents. I remember the great flag burning controversy during the Vietnam War. There was a move to make the act a criminal offense. Many favored it but as it was thankfully pointed out, criminalizing it flies directly in the face of what it stands for.

I don't care for Bruce Jenner particularly but I do care a great deal about threats to the expression of those freedoms we hold so dear. It may be ugly to some, but it's a freedom that is essential to us all.

Again, thank you for risking your life for the freedom we all enjoy.

Go Tigers

Ohhh Felix- I see what you did there, "I dont care for

May 10, 2016, 9:56 AM

Bruce Jenner".... but how do you feel about Katlyn??? Dont you wish she would wrap herself in a big 'ol blanket of Felix2!!

Go Tigers

*Thank you Mr. Joe21!

May 9, 2016, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a ]

I appreciate your service and sacrifice for this country.

But that does not allow you to dictate how I express myself. Sorry, but if you actually think that is true, you are misguided about your service and the freedoms you protected, and you claim to enjoy. Further, your etiquette for the flag is personal to you, and though you choose to express yourself and show reverence and respect for the freedoms of this country by not allowing the flag to touch the ground, or lowering it from your flag pole when it rains; I can express my anger and disgust (or delight in everything great about this country because I believe fire is cool) with the same things by burning the flag, as it is my Constitutionally protected right.

You can certainly disagree with the way that I use the flag as a vehicle of expression, and that is a-ok. Call me a commie #######, or a skinhead, or not buy the issue of Sports Illustrated with my picture on the cover because I have a ##### and #####. You are certainly allowed to express your opinion as well!

But no, the flag doesn't mean more to you than it does to me, because it means more to me than it means to you. And what's great is that I can make that statement, and you can make that statement, and neither of us is wrong!

May 9, 2016, 7:00 PM

I'm sorry if some people cannot understand or comprehend a few words. No where in my statement was I trying to impose my views on anyone. I was simply making a personal statement. And yes, there is a Flag Etiquette but no one is forced to follow the rules of flag etiquette under threat of punishment. I choose to attempt to follow those rules because it is a part of my gratitude and character.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 7:10 PM

What didn't I understand or comprehend?

You said it was disrespectful to not follow flag etiquette, and you said that the flag means more to you than it does to me.

I disagree with those opinions, and gave mine. And the free exchange of ideas is exactly what the flag is about. And we can choose how we invoke the symbol in any way that furthers our personal cause!

Which is great!

You and the rest of the "let me express myself"

May 9, 2016, 10:40 PM

movement is what's wrong with this country. Someone can sneeze and people like you get offended.
Trying to start an argument with a 95 yr old WW2 vet over what the flag means to him...pathetic. If you could endure a fraction of the things this man has likely been through while protecting our countries freedom through 2 wars than you would probably get upset when you see people disrespecting your flag as well. Who cares if you don't respect the flag, thats your freedom, just don't be a ##### about it. Thank your elder for his service and move on.

Re: You and the rest of the "let me express myself"

May 10, 2016, 3:49 AM

So this is his safe space, and I'm not allowed to have a different opinion?

You are a d!ck and part of the vocal minority. I would bet

May 10, 2016, 7:30 AM

my house that if you polled TigerNet you would find that:

1. nobody cares about your opinion
2. people respect the flag b/c it is a symbol of patriotism
3. people respect service members who have gone to combat
4. we respect our elders

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are a d!ck and part of the vocal minority. I would bet

May 10, 2016, 8:01 AM

And thank you for your opinion!

You are very welcome. I'll be here all day.***

May 10, 2016, 1:28 PM

I guarantee that Mr. Joe does not need a "safe space"

May 10, 2016, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: You and the rest of the "let me express myself" ]

Safe spaces are areas that the "I'm offended" crowd like yourself need to make it through the day without getting your feeling hurt.

And yes, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but the problem with your kind is you try to force your opinion on other people and then get offended when they don't accept it.

People seem to love the idea of freedom for themselves

May 11, 2016, 8:13 PM

but there appears to be a problem with the "for all" part.

Just sayin...it's human nature, don't get your panties all in a knot.

you comprehend the uncertainty in "probably"?

May 10, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a ]

He didn't say it means more to him than you, specifically.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'd like to see you say it to a 92-year-old war vet's face

May 10, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a ]

It's easy to come on here and espouse garbage and disrespect in the name of being politically correct. Look someone in the eye and tell them, if you think that is reasonable.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I'd like to see you say it to a 92-year-old war vet's face

May 11, 2016, 9:25 PM

Find me one and I'll do it. If they truly fought for freedom of speech, then they should have no problem with any protected speech going in their direction.

I always love the irony of a veteran crying about people disrespecting the flag, when they fought for the right for someone to disrespect the flag. No, it appears that many of them fought for THEIR idea of freedom, which doesn't line up at all with the Constitution.

May 10, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a ]

I agree totally Joe....I too still get chill bumps. Thanks you for your service and sacrifice for this country. I am a Viet Nam Marine and served 20 years in the reserve after my years of active duty. I recognize others rights to use the flag in a disrespectful manner, but don't understand why they can't express their grievances without disrespecting the flag. I think it is just a selfish attempt to attract attention to themselves rather than their "issue".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe21, thank you, sir, for your service to this country***

May 10, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

U.S. Flag Rules/Etiquette

May 10, 2016, 6:20 AM [ in reply to I hate to be the voice of reason in the midst of a ]

http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

May 10, 2016, 10:28 AM

Go fist yourself, mouthbreather.

You say millions have fought for the flag.

May 10, 2016, 12:09 PM

Seems kind of a silly thing to fight for. Are you sure they fought for the flag, or what it supposedly stands for? And many say it stands for freedom. Is that what they actually fought for? And if so, what kind of freedom? Is it freedom to express yourself as you see fit without censorship? And if that's the case, shouldn't they be able to use the flag as part of their expression? The same as you have a right to object to it?

I guess what I'm saying is you may not like it, but they are just using their freedom that was fought for. So by objecting, are we saying their freedom should be limited? It's quite a difficult and impossible situation imo. Glad I put my trust in God's Kingdom instead of a flag or human governments.

I will just boycott SI products. And if you don't like what they are doing to our great flag

May 10, 2016, 2:12 PM

do the same. And I will also call to tell them I am going to use all social media to let my views be known. Bruce Jenner is freaking nuts from all those steroids and living with the kardashians. If he was born to be a female God would have made him that way.

If he is on the cover I will never buy another SI product no matter how many times Clemson is on the cover!

Can you also point me to the petitions for these hideous

May 10, 2016, 4:17 PM

images of disrespect. I'd like to sign those as well.

Waiting.

Waiting? Who cares?***

May 11, 2016, 9:15 PM

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic