Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Personal reasons I hope we whoop bama.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,061

Personal reasons I hope we whoop bama.

Jan 10, 2016, 10:06 PM

Like everybody else, I hope we stomp bama for obvious reasons and to win the natty. But a couple other reasons come to mind. I work with a guy who use to be a Clemson fan. Towards the end of the 2011 season he got mad when the Tigers lost a few games towards the end of the season, he just assumed we'd lose to VT in the ACC champ game. So he all of a sudden starts telling me he was gonna find a new team to pull for. I really didn't think he was serious. Now, this guy had went to Clemson games since he was a kid in the 80's, tons of home games, bowl games and all. He and I went to 2 games together during the 2010 season. Had a closet full of Clemson clothes, memorabilia, news paper articles from years past. He wasn't a all of sudden fan. Anyway, after we lose to SC that year he said he was done. After that Christmas break and we get back to work, he's got bama stickers and bama tags on the front of his truck. Now he talks all this "we" junk when he talks bama football. It'll make you sick to listen to this crap. And trust me, everybody at work his give him up the road hundreds of times for quitting on the Tigers. It's gonna be a glorious Tuesday when I get to work cause I'm going straight for him. And he won't EVER hear the end of it. One other reason. Back some 10 years ago I got in an argument with a coot and we went back and forth about who has won what, and I pretty much shut him up with we won a natty in 81. So all he could come back with was, "well, all I can tell you is Clemson will never ever again win another national championship." I see him from time to time and those words have stuck in my head ever since. And I can't wait to see him again. That is all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to be the one that tells you this but there is

Jan 10, 2016, 10:15 PM

no Santa just like he was truly never a Clemson fan. That would NEVER EVER take place if he was a CLEMSON fan.

Re: I hate to be the one that tells you this but there is

Jan 10, 2016, 10:41 PM

I agree no true Clemson fan would quit on the Tiger's. I have been a Tiger all my life and will never pull for anyone else win or lose...

Re: I hate to be the one that tells you this but there is

Jan 10, 2016, 11:49 PM [ in reply to I hate to be the one that tells you this but there is ]

Looking back, I agree he was never a true fan. It just shocked everybody when he decided to jump ship, cause he actually attended games, home and away. He wasn't just a t-shirt wearing fan. He's gonna feel like the dumbest person ever when we whip them. I've asked him numerous times if I should return any Clemson stuff he gave me when we win it all, or when he jumps back on. He won't say anything.

Personal reasons

Jan 10, 2016, 10:39 PM

as slick willie once said "i feel your pain"

imo

as for your turncoat friend , just smile and say nothing . that will get him better than anything .

as for your coot coworker , smile bigger , you can't fix stupid .

when i worked for milliken there were 2 guys that were bama grads and 4 auburn , i am still great friends with one of the bama guys (great guy humble and appreciative the auburn grads i can't say anything nice about) he's educated unlike the vast majority of the vocal people you hear from all fan bases .

the game will be tough , the stage huge and the opportunity limitless

go tigers , roll back the tide

Re: Personal reasons I hope we whoop bama.

Jan 10, 2016, 11:00 PM

My wife is a Noles fan. And she's been that way all her life. When we play and we win I have to play the cool card and say it was a great game and I hate playing them. But on the inside I'm screams screw you FSU LOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,061
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic