Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to admit I agree with this quote from Clowney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I hate to admit I agree with this quote from Clowney

Dec 18, 2013, 5:19 PM

Reference in this article. Boyd DOES get spooked to easily when under pressure.

The good news to me is I think OSU is not as capable at getting to him as SCar was, but it will once again mostly depend on our O line.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1892610-orange-bowl-2014-what-ohio-state-must-do-to-shut-down-tajh-boyd-sammy-watkins

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd gets spooked from the overall game pressure, not

Dec 18, 2013, 5:20 PM

from the individual pressure of a pass rusher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

It's probably both. But his decision making leading to INTs

Dec 18, 2013, 5:30 PM

comes more from individual pressure I think. He gets into a panic from all the pressure for sure. But he seems to revert to some bad habits when he has to scramble. Like staring down his receiver for 5 seconds instead of scoping.

Tajh makes great plays under pressure. Stop with the idiotic analysis...

Dec 18, 2013, 5:35 PM

Tajh has been able to set all kind of records behind an oline that hasn't played good 2 out of the 3 years he has been the starter. He had his best game against LSU, who got the most pressure and most hits on Tajh of any game Tajh has played in. Quit using generic terms and actually learn the game of football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You cannot ignore the games where he looks like a

Dec 18, 2013, 5:37 PM

bowl of ice cream, in the August sun.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like LSU last year in the Chick fil A bowl and

Dec 18, 2013, 8:35 PM

in the opener against UGA. He got hit time after time but continued to deliver. You tell me one quarterback who likes to get blindsided and I'll show you a guy that ought to be playing Linebacker.

Quit speaking in absolutes. Tajh has played great under

Dec 18, 2013, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Tajh makes great plays under pressure. Stop with the idiotic analysis... ]

pressure and bad under pressure. Am I to believe losses to SCar DO NOT represent playing under pressure? Are his INTs thrown a result of NO pressure?

He is a great QB. But he gets rattled whether due to his own mental control or the pressure from the opposition.

The LSU game was the best example of his mental control and handling the pressure. But there are examples of the reverse, too.

Re: I hate to admit I agree with this quote from Clowney

Dec 18, 2013, 5:52 PM

For every good game he has a bad game. For every USC and FSU there was an LSU and GA. Great kid. Wouldn't trade him.

Nice and clear way to put it.***

Dec 18, 2013, 5:57 PM

Re: I hate to admit I agree with this quote from Clowney

Dec 18, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to admit I agree with this quote from Clowney ]

I TU'd you, but he has had way, way more great games than bad, IMO, and his leadership is second to none, period, end of story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with Tajh. His O line needs help, however.***

Dec 18, 2013, 6:05 PM

Re: Nothing wrong with Tajh. His O line needs help, however.***

Dec 18, 2013, 8:05 PM

And the OL, for a long time, has, at least for the last 15-20 years. This is not new, but it certainly has been a very limiting factor for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You dont run towards someone who spooks you***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:22 PM

Re: You dont run towards someone who spooks you***

Dec 18, 2013, 9:32 PM

***unless you're in full panic mode, and your mind quits working.

4th and 16

Dec 18, 2013, 9:35 PM

Every QB suffers poor decisions from time to time. Life makes all of us do irrational things. Quit with the criticisms of a guy who has been the major player in CU's turnaround from a middling 8-5 type to a 10/11 win a year contender.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Our line did just fine against him.

Dec 19, 2013, 10:51 AM

Tajh got skeerd feet and was the reason for the one sack. And we had a very got back and good running game going. The coaches decided to run a trickeration and go away from the run game. Didn't you watch?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic