Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate the playoff games being on New Years Eve!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I hate the playoff games being on New Years Eve!

Dec 11, 2016, 1:16 PM

This needs to be changed. IMO these games should be on New Year's Day. Move some of the New Years 6 to the Eve. Also stupid to play the Natty on a Monday. Play it 2 Saturdays later if NY is later in the week. Who thinks of this stuff.

Getting the ultimatum from the wife to go to a New Years Eve event with the family. Smack dab in the middle of the game.

Her response DVR it. Really! Could you keep from looking at the score. Looks like I am missing the freaking game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sneak Away to Bedroom And Watch Under Auspices of

Dec 11, 2016, 1:18 PM

Bad Diarrhea

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate the playoff games being on New Years Eve!

Dec 11, 2016, 1:20 PM

Divorce is an option

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 1:30 PM

Here's another option. Tell her you're going to watch the game and hope she has a good time at the event and let the chips fall where they may.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife knows better. She went to a wedding reception

Dec 11, 2016, 1:30 PM

64 miles from our house. She left me at home. Because it was happening during the Florida st game. This game is even biglier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 1:33 PM

I agree. I'm going to be hustling back from Gatlinburg New Years Eve, probably going to miss the 3pm game.

I don't understand why on earth they aren't New Years Day games.....

Dec 11, 2016, 2:20 PM

Simple reason. New Years Day is on a Sunday, the last regular season full day of NFL games on the schedule. Doesn't matter if there were only two games that day, the NFL would always get the nod.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of wife would suggest missing the game.

Dec 11, 2016, 1:37 PM

That should have been discussed long before the wedding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

!00% agree.....I hate DVRing a game

Dec 11, 2016, 1:45 PM

It never fails that I will hear/see the score before I get the game on. Much like when I used to enjoy racing.......it ain't no fun watching when you know who won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Your wife can't possibly love you if she feels that way and

Dec 11, 2016, 1:50 PM

neither does your wife's family. They take you for granted.

Time to shitecan her ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 1:56 PM

Will there not be a tv where you're going?

Dec 11, 2016, 2:11 PM

This is a time to draw the line in the sand. Pick your battles and this is a battle

Sounds like you should have married a Tiger fan.***

Dec 11, 2016, 2:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Wifi password, Watchespn, frequent bathroom trips. Good luck***

Dec 11, 2016, 2:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Wifi password, Watchespn, frequent bathroom trips. Good luck***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:02 PM

You could come down with a virus around the 6:00 p.m. mark.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wifi password, Watchespn, frequent bathroom trips. Good luck***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Wifi password, Watchespn, frequent bathroom trips. Good luck*** ]

Hills to die on.... This is IT!!

Prefer New Year's Eve since it's on a

Dec 11, 2016, 3:09 PM

Saturday this year. A lot of people will have to work 1/2, it's better on Saturday than Sunday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 3:12 PM

Tell your wife you're sorry but your new years eve was planned when the Tigers made the playoffs. But if you feel you must go just to save an argument, hopefully the Tigers will have such a big lead that all you would miss is running out the clock

Dec 11, 2016, 3:15 PM

Some of the upcoming ones won't be on New Years Eve.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/future-sites-and-schedules

Dec 11, 2016, 3:15 PM

" What is a rebel ? A man who says no ".

_ Albert Camus

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

During Tiger's football season my family

Dec 11, 2016, 3:29 PM

plans all events around the game times to avoid conflicts. If there is a game on a day of a gathering the meals are planned so that the cooking is done and we are relaxing during the games. This year I will be lucky as my wife got us tickets and we will be spending our New Years Eve together with a couple great friends at the game in the desert. I agree with the poster above get the WiFi password and have the watch espn app ready on your phone or tablet or have a sling/hopper type device. Hopefully the distance to travel isn't too far and you can leave and arrive during halftime. Good Luck!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 3:19 PM

Compromises are a must in any healthy relationship... Clemson Football is not one of those compromises.

New years day is a Sunday.***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:42 PM

Dude grow some nads or 1-800-divorce

Dec 11, 2016, 3:43 PM

Easy

Another reason to never get married.***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:44 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another reason to never get married.***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:53 PM

Or get married into a family that would plan their New Years event around the game.

what's it like to be henpecked?***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:52 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 5:38 PM

My wife and I have an understanding. There are a total of 15 potential Clemson football games (12 scheduled + 3 post season) a year and Clemson football game days are not available for any other event (short of death) and that nothing (and I mean absolutely nothing) will interfere with my attending or watching a Clemson football game.

Outside of those 15 potential Clemson football game days, I am free the other 350 days a year to attend/do whatever she desires. She has declined numerous Holiday season events, parties, etc... through the years because of this understanding. We finally have her family (bunch of Wake Forest grads) trained to where they know to not even ask us to do anything on a Clemson football game day. I admit that I'm lucky that my wife likes college football as much as me and totally buys into this "agreement" - guess that is why we have remained married for 23+ years...

PS...one way to get ahead of this "New Years eve game" thing is to preemptively schedule a New Years eve Clemson football viewing party at your house. Invite friends and family over to watch the game - everyone can bring a dish/booze. We have done that a lot the last few years for our away night games and it is a lot of fun and keeps family from getting all pissy over us missing "family events".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer them because an excuse not to go to dumb new year's

Dec 11, 2016, 5:42 PM

eve parties.

I love it for me, but I get your point.

Dec 11, 2016, 6:02 PM

It makes my New Year's Eve great. I will just stay home on amateur night and enjoy the game. Nothing more I would rather do. It does seems kind of an odd day to schedule the game though. So many others will have issues being able to watch it.

Marital advice from a guy with an awesome marriage!

Dec 11, 2016, 6:10 PM

You can't start thinking about this 3 weeks out.. There are 365 days a year, my wife knows there are 12 of those guaranteed that are mine. Hopefully 3 bonus! So I tell her at worst she gets 340 days a year, I get 15 max! So there is no arguments!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic