Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chrome helmets? New uniform combinations? Will the Tigers change their look?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

New Story: Chrome helmets? New uniform combinations? Will the Tigers change their look?

Nov 7, 2017, 7:01 AM

Chrome helmets? New uniform combinations? Will the Tigers change their look?

Chrome helmets. Camo uniforms. A hundred different color combinations. Color Rush. Factory Steel. Matte helmets. Platinum. College football programs have been all over the board in recent seasons with alternative football uniforms that are designed to drive excitement in fans and players. Will it happen at Clemson? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Chrome helmets? New uniform combinations? Will the Tigers change their look?

Nov 7, 2017, 7:11 AM

so glad we dont focus on gimmicks. I like being able to recognize us in highlights

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate gimmicks

Nov 7, 2017, 8:31 AM

Kind of like this article that I clicked on thinking we were about to switch up our uniforms!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate gimmicks

Nov 7, 2017, 9:40 AM

Me also, the first thing I thought when I read the article head line was, OMG please don't be thinking about doing anything to our uniforms, there's nothing wrong with what we do in our uniform department. The Paw on our helmets informs everyone who we are when we enter the field!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Chrome helmets? New uniform combinations? Will the Tigers change their look?

Nov 7, 2017, 7:11 AM

We don't need to change our uniforms to create excitement - good job Dabo!

Thank you, Coach Swinney!***

Nov 7, 2017, 7:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Betting that this story gets "Most Read"

Nov 7, 2017, 7:18 AM

Good Job!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chrome helmets? We don't need no stinking..

Nov 7, 2017, 7:18 AM

chrome helmets!

Good

Nov 7, 2017, 7:19 AM

Awful combinations I noticed just in the last week included Illinois in a hideous shade of grey, Miami in all black (what?!), and Ohio State in...some sort of gunmetal grey that had nothing to do with their school colors whatsoever.

Re: Good

Nov 7, 2017, 7:25 AM

got to love the mot. the entitlement generation just please needs to go away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me trying to figure out

Nov 7, 2017, 8:39 AM

how college football uniforms have anything to do with entitlement

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Heard we will dress will like Sir Lance-a- Lot

Nov 7, 2017, 7:39 AM

We will just open the rusty iron a demoralized FSU through tetanus. What the iron lack in spleen it more than make up for in toughness and loss of limbs. Losing coach gets the guillotine on the 50. Peneties will result in hit tar in eyes or being caged with starving dogs.

Re: Heard we will dress will like Sir Lance-a- Lot

Nov 7, 2017, 7:54 AM

What's in your coffee?

Alright BuzzPaw Jr.***

Nov 7, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Heard we will dress will like Sir Lance-a- Lot ]

Re: Heard we will dress will like Sir Lance-a- Lot

Nov 7, 2017, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Heard we will dress will like Sir Lance-a- Lot ]

Dude

What have you been smoking

Good. Cause whatever it is, pass some over here.

Nov 7, 2017, 8:06 AM

:)

Yabbut .... Dabo didn't say nuttin bout this one ...

Nov 7, 2017, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yabbut .... Dabo didn't say nuttin bout this one ...

Nov 7, 2017, 9:05 AM

That sure is tackie but yet somehow cool.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 10:40 AM

Not as cool as the Maryland rainbow-every color of the prism-clashing-hurts my eyes-football team sucks-can't make up my mind-what is that-putrid-rag tag-hideous-red white blue black green-cacophonous-disgusting- uniform-helmet-shoes-socks-claptrap-outfit. :)

That looks terrible

Nov 7, 2017, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Yabbut .... Dabo didn't say nuttin bout this one ... ]

But at the same time, I kinda like it.

lol

Nov 7, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Yabbut .... Dabo didn't say nuttin bout this one ... ]

good one

Nov 7, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Yabbut .... Dabo didn't say nuttin bout this one ... ]

I'm gonna say it again.... whatever you've been smokin, pass it over here.

Nov 7, 2017, 8:12 AM

Whew, glad to see a common sense response. A big NO to uniform changes!!

Uniform combos

Nov 7, 2017, 8:14 AM

Dabo has a predictable uniform system:

Orange tops: Home
White tops: Road
All Purple: Military Appreciation Day
Orange pants: Championship football

2017 CFP Championship: Road, big game.
2016 Fiesta Bowl: Home, big game
2016 ACCCG: Road, big game
2016 CFP Championship: Home, big game

GT wears white at home, so we wear orange at GT.

We were the home team in the 2015 ACCCG, but allowed UNC to wear their home baby blue because the contrast was obvious. We were the visiting team in the 2016 ACCCG, but VT would not let us wear orange because that’s one of their colors.

If we ever played for a championship on Military Appreciation Day, we might see purple tops, orange pants, but we haven’t so far.

If we ever play a home game for a

Nov 7, 2017, 8:43 AM

championship on military appreciation day, we should wear all orange with a camouflage paw on the helmets.

^^^^^^This has @1portroyalty's name all over it***

Nov 7, 2017, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Uniform combos ]

Re: Uniform combos

Nov 7, 2017, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Uniform combos ]

therefore your post was predictable

Bah, Humbug, more David Hood clickbait!

Nov 7, 2017, 8:22 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ought not troll us.***

Nov 7, 2017, 8:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 9:06 AM

I have it on a good source that we are bringing back the whitehurse uni combo purple top orange pants. can anyone else confirm?

Nov 7, 2017, 9:11 AM

Thank you, Coach, for eliminating the uniform question. Everyone knows the Clemson uniforms......they are easily recognized and, personally, I love them. I can always find them easily. PLEASE stay with the uniforms we’ve always used. Save the FLASH for the playing field!

Nov 7, 2017, 9:14 AM

Has anyone ever sported clear helmets ? There is an idea . Helmets made of some form of ballistic lucite or whatever ( not an engineer or a chemist ) that show the pads and heads contained within .

If you're gonna do trends , set them .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 7, 2017, 9:21 AM

I think our uniforms are cool enough already. They look good! Who cares if it traditional! It looks awesome! I especially love the look of our away uniform (all white)! It just says "We're here. We're the program that is here to stay! And you are just a pretender with your faincy uniforms." There's just something elegant and tough, at the same time, about the Tiger uniforms. Don't change a thing!!!

ALL IN with that decision too.***

Nov 7, 2017, 9:23 AM

I’m wearing Chrome shoes to the office today...

Nov 7, 2017, 9:25 AM

Everbody needs MORE CHROME!

Re: I’m wearing Chrome shoes to the office today...

Nov 7, 2017, 9:28 AM

Please stick with the traditional uniforms.

Re: I’m wearing Chrome shoes to the office today...

Nov 7, 2017, 6:15 PM [ in reply to I’m wearing Chrome shoes to the office today... ]

I thought it was cow bell

Dabo's logic . . .

Nov 7, 2017, 9:32 AM

Dabo's had a point in there somewhere a few years back, but at some point he got wound up in some over-analysis. Back after the WVU Orange Bowl disaster, things started to taper off with orange pants and the use of purple, and it got asked of him at some point thereafter, and he basically said it had become a distraction, implying that once the culture of discipline and focus was optimized, we might see some venturing out again.

Well, that sort of happened, Orange Pants do get used, and the purple gets used once per year, but it's all rigid and overly predictable. If Clemson played the number one team in the nation in Death Valley the fourth week of the season, orange pants would be off-limits despite the obvious bigness of the game, but if Clemson played a winless team in, say, Durham in November, we'd wear them b/c of the division. Sheesh.

No one can dispute the wisdom of holding back in this area if it's needed to quell current distractions, to instill a culture of focus that's lacking, etc. But now that that by and large seems to have been done, is there no way to introduce a little variety whilst maintaining focus? In a program in which putt-putt courses, indoor slides, nap rooms, air hockey tables, and routine dancing are not distractions, a little uniform spontaneity IS?

I fully agree about not going the crazy-arse chrome, gray, black, hyperactive alternative-uniform every week route, like Ok State, Oregon, etc. But wearing purple pants on the road every now and then, or wearing the orange on purple combo, or wearing orange pants for what is simply a big game, even if not a "championship" is well ingrained in Clemson's history without messing with our identity. If you tune in and see a chrome helmet this week, a gray matte one the next, and so forth, THEN you might see identity get lost, but switching up the colors of the traditional style 2/3 times a season doesn't mess with identity - it simply enhances it a little. Folks aren't going to tune into a game, see the white paw on the helmet, and then, when they see the white jerseys and purple pants, get confused and say "who's that"?

correction -"Dabo" in that first paragraph - my bad***

Nov 7, 2017, 9:34 AM

g

Re: Dabo's logic . . .

Nov 7, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Dabo's logic . . . ]

Backed.

I like what we do. The only thing I've ever pondered was what it would look like with a White helmet with orange paw. Other than that, I like everyone in the country knowing who we are.

Oregon wore blue and black one game. Kindaaaaaa weird considering their colors are mustard yellow and kelly green lol.

Agree, I like the tradition and

Nov 7, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Dabo's logic . . . ]

orange on white is my favorite uniform combo, but I think Dabo dials the guys in well enough (unless it's a Friday game) to where uniforms would not be a distraction.

For the majority of games I like that they wear orange on white or all white. Having two home games and one road game with purple would be such a bad thing / distraction. Thursday / Friday night football sucks so maybe for those type of games bust out purple on white or if away, white on purple.

A little mix up with our traditional looking uniforms would not be a bad thing. While we're at it, I would not mind seeing more purple trim on the white pants / jerseys to showcase the school colors a little more.

Amen . . . the

Nov 7, 2017, 1:54 PM

white pants should definitely have a purple stripe in the middle - ala 1983-1991.

Yeah, like the standard home and away uniforms we have too. I wouldn't mess with that as the norm. But a 2-3 games a year with some purple combo or the all orange for big NON-championship games would be some nice variety.

Re: Agree, I like the tradition and

Nov 7, 2017, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Agree, I like the tradition and ]

Don't pass me anything you've been smokin. Reading this got my head twisted around.

I agree with Dabo 100%.***

Nov 7, 2017, 9:36 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 9:49 AM

No need for tricked out uniforms! Lot to be said for being who you are. Clemson has built a brand and we need to protect that brand at all costs.

I used to enjoy NASCAR, but can't hardly watch it anymore because it is so hard to figure out who is who on track from week to week. Different paint schemes almost every Sunday! I understand that sponsorship's and $$$ dictate a lot of that but........ How nice would it be to see that Black #3 Goodwrench Car on the track again week in and week out.

Marketing 101 - build a solid brand and stick to what works! No gimmicks needed. Does not seem to be paying dividends for teams like Looserville!

I prefer good ole a$$ whoopin Orange & White....

Nov 7, 2017, 9:56 AM

I think Dabo needs to bring back the sweatshirt and pleated kahkis as well for tradition. He's getting everyone distracted with this new fancy pullover wind breaker.

Nov 7, 2017, 10:30 AM

IMHO change only if the new look helps the team. For example: Increased visual ability for QB to see WRs downfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many Teams have one a National Championship with

Nov 7, 2017, 11:50 AM

Chrome Helmets... Oh Yea, None.

Nov 7, 2017, 11:51 AM

No, no and H3LL NO!!!!

I like that the uniforms have a traditional look and

Nov 7, 2017, 12:24 PM

I want them to stay that way. However, I would not mind seeing a little more purple to better showcase the team colors. Nothing drastic, but maybe adding purple back to the white pants like this:

Nov 7, 2017, 12:33 PM

All the old timers in here want a change??

Enduring Legacy.

Nov 7, 2017, 1:18 PM

That's the catch phrase. Tiger's continue a long legacy of quality football that connects the past with the future. Football uniform antics are just crude attempts to mask an underlying problem of real team ability. Look at Maryland, OHSt. Changes to the uniform doesn't change the player. It may motivate for awhile, but the game dynamics take over.

Let's hear no more about uniform changes, imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 1:29 PM

For the sake of competitive advantage, I think O-line helmets ought to be mirror balls.

Nov 7, 2017, 2:29 PM

Magic 8 balls!!

Nov 7, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chrome helmets? New uniform combinations? Will the Tigers change their look? ]

Magic 8 balls!!

He's talkin' to you, 1portroyalty.***

Nov 7, 2017, 2:26 PM

Nov 7, 2017, 4:06 PM

Great Teams don't come from slick uniforms and shiny helmets, great teams come from hard work and focusing on the fundamentals of the game. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic