Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to Current Tiger Glenn Batson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,406

Congrats to Current Tiger Glenn Batson

Jul 31, 2013, 10:14 PM

and future Tiger Grant Cox and their SC District 7 teammates for winning the Big League World Series championship tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow - somebody on Tnet actually watching Baseball!!!!

Jul 31, 2013, 11:33 PM

Kudo's to you. You have earned the privilege of posting reasonable baseball comments on Tnet during the spring when half this board calls for our coach's head with no understanding of the game whatsoever. There was actually 3 future Tigers playing tonight and I can't wait to see them in Orange!! (That Soph is coming!)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call myself "baseball fan" for a reason...

Jul 31, 2013, 11:45 PM

I watch baseball, especially amateur baseball, whenever possible. I was in Doug Kingsmore today, and with a couple of dry days that we've had, some work has actually taken place. There's still a LONG way to go. And, by the way, I lived with Glenn Batson's uncle for a semester years ago.

I guess you know what I mean..

Aug 1, 2013, 12:00 AM

The Spiers brothers are great baseball people and true Tigers. Batson will do us proud. Just need to chase the Gators away from that sophmore.....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess you know what I mean..

Aug 1, 2013, 12:10 AM

I watched some of the 2nd thru 5th innings while I was eating but then had to do work. I saw Glenn hit a rope to the third baseman. In fact, SC hit several ropes right at people while I was watching. It was still 1-0 Ven when I left. How did it end up?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6-1 .... all in the 6th. Batson singled and scored.***

Aug 1, 2013, 12:17 AM

BTW - J. Parke would have been on that team

Aug 1, 2013, 12:12 AM [ in reply to I call myself "baseball fan" for a reason... ]

but decided to take the summer off. CU gave him preferred walk on - chickens offered scholarship so he went gamecocks (not blaming him). Thinking the Tigers got lucky on that if you know what I mean. The CF is Gamecock - and is the real deal. Great to see so much talent in the state.

I'm surprised Glenn played...

Aug 1, 2013, 12:17 AM

since he's already started classes at Clemson. I think one of the other incoming freshmen played on the district 1 team last year, not to mention Brad Chalk, Taylor Harbin, and John Nester that have played in that event and gone on to Clemson. And then there's the Crisp twins, Michael Roth, Kyle Enders, Bo Thompson (who came in second in the college Home Run Derby in Omaha) and a bunch of others that from this area that have played there and gone on to play college ball at other schools in the state.

I was only surprised he wasn't batting 3rd....

Aug 1, 2013, 12:20 AM

dude can hit it a MILE. needs to add about 15 in the weight room.

Re: I was only surprised he wasn't batting 3rd....

Aug 4, 2013, 8:57 AM

Batson might be 218 now...

sounds like you been following these boys

Aug 1, 2013, 12:31 AM [ in reply to I'm surprised Glenn played... ]

for a while... You in Utrip?

No, I just love amateur baseball...

Aug 1, 2013, 12:36 AM

and starting attending the BLWS when it came to Easley in 2001 and I was living there. Haven't been as much since I moved back to Clemson, but I really enjoyed going. Pardon my ignorance, but what's Utrip?

Re: Wow - somebody on Tnet actually watching Baseball!!!!

Aug 4, 2013, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Wow - somebody on Tnet actually watching Baseball!!!! ]

well I sure keep up with baseball(especially Tiger baseball)
it is great sport; could use some speed-up but still great game

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,406
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic