Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jadar Johnson and Ben Boulware
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Jadar Johnson and Ben Boulware

Dec 22, 2012, 11:56 AM

Anyone else think these two guys are going to be future defensive stars for the Tigers. Boulware had an amazing Shrine bowl game and Johnson had impressive numbers as a DB including 18 pass breakups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jadar Johnson and Ben Boulware

Dec 22, 2012, 12:01 PM

I hope so. Im really excited about boulware. Imagine if we we could have had shuey and boulware both as junior this year. Im so excited for next years d. D-line will be great. Line backers will be improved. I think stephone finally finds himself. Also, I think the last secondary will be alot better next year. Blanks' move to safety was key. GO TIGERS!

Return of Jenkins and healthy Breeland will be huge

Dec 22, 2012, 12:24 PM

For our secondary. Add in Blanks, Kearse, and Johnson and we have a good shot.

don't forget robinson out

Dec 22, 2012, 12:53 PM

Jenkins would have started at Nickel had he been healthy, so Blanks would of probably focused on Safety.....

Add in both starting CBs being hurt (Robinson and Breeland) when BEFORE season DB was listed as a position we couldn't afford injury........maybe there are some legitimate excuses here for the chunk plays.

Be interesting to see how LB shakes out next year, lots of

Dec 22, 2012, 12:58 PM

bodies and lots of star potential but also lots of questions. With Anthony take a starting job back? Will somebody emerge as "the guy" at WILL? Will the staff finally get smart and do something about SAM?

I PERSONALLY would like to see Anthony move outside, even to SAM. You have Jones in the mix, you have Parker coming off RS, you have Boulware and O'Daniel coming in. You still have Townsend and Goodson riding pine.

LOTS of bodies, need a couple to step up and BE THE GUY, the one who sticks out and people say "wow who was that".

I guess tony steward will never play again :(***

Dec 22, 2012, 1:07 PM

Re: I guess tony steward will never play again :(***

Dec 22, 2012, 1:13 PM

To be honest, I think he's always going to have trouble with his knees. He's torn his acl in both and its very hard to come back from an injury like that. Nevertheless, I hope he comes back and is a star for us next year!

Just to be honest...

Dec 22, 2012, 1:17 PM

I think these guy's roles will mostly be to provide depth. Boulware probably has the better chance to be a starter, but Clemson had more talented LBs ahead of him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just to be honest...

Dec 22, 2012, 1:21 PM

Agreed. Im really happy about the incoming lb recruits. We finally get the much needed depth

I haven't seen them!

Dec 22, 2012, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Just to be honest... ]

Boulware may be above all of those on campus!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't seen them! Hey I like the kid too

Dec 22, 2012, 1:50 PM

but dont get too carried away. He hasnt played a down against college players. it is a whole new deal there. what he has done is against other high school kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2012, 1:25 PM

The depth will only improve the competition to start which should bring out the best of the guys as starters are identified. The lack of depth as the season progressed showed up in many games where what should have been 2-3 yard gains became 6-8 yard gains. The cream will rise to the top,IMO.

Check out these clips of Boulware . . .

Dec 22, 2012, 2:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvubQ0pKp4Y

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Check out these clips of Boulware . . .

Dec 22, 2012, 7:05 PM

We can only wish !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2012, 3:12 PM

I don't know enough about Johnson but I have seen alot of Boulware and this kid will be a star.I love his motor and mean streak! We need this kind of guy to change the D's attitude!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic