Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lol ppl are killing Galloway on Twitter and YouTube....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Lol ppl are killing Galloway on Twitter and YouTube....

Oct 30, 2019, 7:00 PM

for ranking us #1. I think the Clemson hate is close to reaching it's peak. Can you imagine what it'll be like when we go 15-0 yet again? Whew!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol ppl are killing Galloway on Twitter and YouTube....

Oct 30, 2019, 7:11 PM

90% of them likely thought Oklahoma was better than us a week ago too.

yep, excellent point.***

Oct 30, 2019, 10:39 PM

When people hate you you've arrived.

Oct 30, 2019, 7:21 PM

Imagine what this will be like after we win our third trophy in a row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When people hate you you've arrived.

Oct 30, 2019, 8:33 PM

I am pretty confidant that will happen, too. Dabo, et. al. have played the games to give all a chance to have real game experience, so we "have been there, done that" this season on several occasions. That will pay dividends down the road, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except, folks seem completely OK with Alabama being #1 ...

Oct 30, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to When people hate you you've arrived. ]

... even though they haven't done anything this year that we haven't done to warrant it.

I know right, NOBODY talks about Bama's pissant schedule or

Oct 30, 2019, 10:55 PM

the fact they've run scores up with starters in games longer.

I got in an argument with a ladycock at the bar one night

Oct 30, 2019, 10:51 PM [ in reply to When people hate you you've arrived. ]

Believe it or not, her case was that Alabama was so beat up from playing an SEC schedule. I tried to remind her that the SEC wasnt that tough in 2018, that Bama boat-raced through their entire schedule, AND they had a month to rest before the playoffs. She just kept yammering on with the same old delusional #### nonsense. It's a disease, and you can bet your bottom dollar that if we beat another SEC team on the way to another championship they'll be singing the SEC mantra "beat up" drum again.

Re: I got in an argument with a ladycock at the bar one night

Oct 30, 2019, 11:20 PM

What's funny is the SEC has 6 teams with a losing record right now, the ACC has 2. Really makes you wonder who the weaker conference is top to bottom.

Re: I got in an argument with a ladycock at the bar one night

Oct 31, 2019, 5:14 AM [ in reply to I got in an argument with a ladycock at the bar one night ]

Well, those trips from Tuscaloosa to Starkville and Auburn are pretty long bus rides!!

The recovery time needed from those two trips alone (plus crossing a state line!) will be massive!

Oct 30, 2019, 7:28 PM

Killing the only rational man on television right now isn't surprising. Where did the great Herbstreit have us ranked?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 11:13 PM

Herbstreit had Clemson ranked 4th.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 31, 2019, 2:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol ppl are killing Galloway on Twitter and YouTube.... ]

Excellent point keith75! Anyhoo it doesn’t matter as long as we’re 1-4 on December 8th. We actually seem to prefer the 2 spot though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 8:31 PM

They live in a fairyland world where certain programs are anointed with success, though unearned, and who receive honors and accolades via their their pedigree, or via their publicity hype. We gain our respect (year after year) the hard way - we earn it. It will happen again this year, and they, once again, will be floundering for an excuse. Really, it's kin of fun, certainly amusing, to see how they squirm and creatively excuse "their chosen ones", after we have taken the trophy to our house. I just hope I live long enough for the bias to be gone, but I fear at 68 I won't last that long. ( I would fear that I wouldn't last that long if I were 18, also as some things never change.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 9:07 PM

Afther what happened to Alabama "in this calendar year " You never hear the fans of those teams say We Want Clemson. Lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol ppl are killing Galloway on Twitter and YouTube.... ]

I'm right there with you, Dugatiger (in more ways than one...!) Very astute and accurate remarks, thanks!

Go Tigers!!!

Begs the Question: Why?

Oct 31, 2019, 1:27 AM

You have to ask why the hate is growing.
- Are people generally tired of us winning so much?
- Is it that we play absolutely everyone on the team, 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, 1*, no*, walkon, equipment manager...?
- Is it that we hold our kids to a high standard on and off the field and unapologetically deal with problems?
- Is it that we graduate virtually everyone and have some of the highest character of any program regardless of clout or success?
- Is it that our program is wildly involved in service opportunities to bless others in and around the community?
- Is it that we are as interested in building men and we are in building football players?
- Is it that our head coach and many others in the organization from coaches, to AD’s, to players, etc. are public advocates of their Christian faith?
- Is it because we seem too good to be true?

Just can’t think of any other reason to hate us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Begs the Question: Why?

Oct 31, 2019, 5:52 AM

Nailed it......

Welp, when it comes to football, most folks are highly

Oct 31, 2019, 4:07 AM

prejudicial, as are we, and will attack anyone and anything that is out-of-line with their way of thinking.

I don't see it as a hate for Clemson, for a whole lot of folks across the nation celebrated our victory against Bama last January. Now, many of the same folks are promoting their teams, and many of those teams will fall by the wayside as the season winds down.

Thus, I simply ignore all the chatter, other than my occasional rant against the media and false polls, and look to our own success.

I do agree with Joey, however. We should have stayed ranked at #1 until beaten. Why? BECAUSE WE STILL HAVE THE SAME COACHING STAFF THAT GUIDED OUR TEAMS TO TWO NATIONAL TITLES IN THE PAST THREE YEARS!

Message was edited by: hartins®

Oct 31, 2019, 6:13 AM

The media is playing directly into Dabo’s hand. Allowing Clemson to be the dog is not going to pan out well for other teams come the playoff. The media has learned nothing and is no where close to the pulse of cfb. They are paid pr people pumping up certain blue blood schools. With that said, I would not be surprised if the committee agrees with Joey and has the tigers number 1.

Oct 31, 2019, 6:27 AM

We have to be honest and admit we have a huge advantage over other teams in the top 5 because of our schedule and conference. We simply don’t have any marquee matchups on our regular schedule this year because of the talent level and inept coaching (FSU) in our conference.

Everyone is just JEALOUS and basically “hate us cause they ain’t us,” because with the direction recruiting is going it shouldn’t change anytime soon.

The SEC has a very big problem. When Georgia lost to USuK,

Oct 31, 2019, 8:54 AM

it became apparent to the whole Nation how over-rated some SEC teams really are. We already know that Georgia, Texas A&M, and even South Carolina were vastly over-rated from day one. Soon, we will also know that Florida and Auburn were over-rated as well (don't forget, Florida barely made it past Miami ...... where is the criticism for that win???). At the present time, there are only 2 real contenders in the SEC for a playoff berth. Bama and LSU. However, both have some games remaining, in addition to playing each other. Let's wait and see how it plays out. As it stands now, Clemson would go AT LEAST 11-1 if we played Bama's schedule .... probably 12-0. LSU is the only serious competition for Bama this year. And if they play Georgia or Florida in the SECCG, they will beat either by 21.

Oct 31, 2019, 3:03 PM

Jealousy is the most sincere form of flattery.....

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic