Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I get what Dabo is doing. Supporting his player and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I get what Dabo is doing. Supporting his player and

Nov 19, 2014, 8:41 AM

supporting his team.

But the smart thing to do is NOT to call out the fans...we're paying the bills here. And not one of us that shells out money to IPTAY enjoys being talked to like a child.

Just sayin

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: I get what Dabo is doing. Supporting his player and

Nov 19, 2014, 8:49 AM

at a minimum he ought to save the tongue and get his football ready to avoid #6

but Dabo gonna Dabo, just like his staged question USC rant (hows that working out for us...)

or "the only team from the state of south Carolina to win a bcs game"

its comical...but stupid and petty considering

and everyone says the fans need to grow up

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that one worked great when we killed VT and

Nov 19, 2014, 8:56 AM

captured the ACC championship for the first time in 20+ years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5 losses in a row to the coots

Nov 19, 2014, 8:59 AM

won't get it done around here for long. I like most things about Dabo...but please. Pretty please #### every now and then

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Nov 19, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I get what Dabo is doing. Supporting his player and ]

Yea, YOU GROW UP !

Nov 19, 2014, 8:56 AM

When you act like a child, you get treated like one.

when someone else is paying your bills

Nov 19, 2014, 8:58 AM

don't bite the hand that is feeding you

Re: when someone else is paying your bills

Nov 19, 2014, 9:05 AM

I agree I'm not saying that Dabo can't coach his players but as a coach you have to help your team improve where you see they have deficiencies. I coach basketball ages 14-17 and I can tell you how mad parents get because we may lose a game or because I put a kid on the floor who may not be good somewhere but you have to build confidence and that is part of the job. In the end you start to look at what you did if everything went wrong then you're the one to blame. So on that note I too say that he should not be condemning the fans but looking at the job he is doing. If Cole is being booed it may not be because he is playing bad but since their is no proof of a change to his play. I'm sorry but if you see something wrong and you don't change it then you're wrong.

I have coached youth teams and that is NOTHING like

Nov 19, 2014, 10:02 PM

college. If parents get mad then give them the opportunity to help you coach. Shuts them right up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the side of Dabo that frustrates a lot of the fans

Nov 19, 2014, 9:00 AM

and I agree 100% that it's his mouth that gets him trouble a lot of the time. He should heed Danny's advice a little more: sometimes it's better to stay away from the microphone.

When Cole lines up, stares down a receiver and throws into double coverage that results in a pick six on Saturday, it will be interesting to see the crowd reaction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 19, 2014, 9:01 AM

He didn't necessarily call out the fans. He just warned that no one should boo Stoudt. Judging by a lot of peoples reactions, that may very well have happened. He actually said if they are who I think they are then they won't (paraphrased).

Nov 19, 2014, 9:08 AM

well if you act like a child you should be talked to like a child. pretty simple really.

do that too often and see how long your job lasts***

Nov 19, 2014, 9:11 AM

Get back to us when this "firing" happens.***

Nov 19, 2014, 10:04 PM

Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 AM

Those who act like a child should be talked to like a child

It is not a business Bubba. It is voluntery. You get

Nov 19, 2014, 9:41 AM

the right to participate, not own. You are entitled to nothing.

Tiger/Terrier

again...keep that attitude and see how long you last***

Nov 19, 2014, 9:44 AM

I am far into my 60's and have been very successful

Nov 19, 2014, 10:00 AM

doing what I do. I not entitled to anything. I have to earn it. My investments into Clemson athletics began as a student and then as a supporter. Notice I said "supporter"--not owner? If you want to own a sports team I suggest buying a share in a professional one.

Tiger/Terrier

This boo thing is so distracting. Funny how that worked out

Nov 19, 2014, 10:08 AM

Sure united a good bit of the fan base over a few booers

again. Loyal supporters like us are great. No matter what

Nov 19, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to I am far into my 60's and have been very successful ]

the record my family and i are going to games. But loyal supporters for a school Clemson's size won't pay the bills for a top tier program. So if you like the direction of the program, like having top notch facilities to draw recruits, and like paying top dollar for good coaching staff you cannot afford to alienate the maligned bandwagon fans.

Sucks but that life. And again i was in school for the tommy west years and don't wanna go back there.

i was there for Red Parker.

Nov 19, 2014, 1:40 PM

Nm

Tiger/Terrier

that you dad?***

Nov 19, 2014, 2:42 PM

Maybe--who's yo moma boy?

Nov 19, 2014, 9:51 PM

;)

Tiger/Terrier

Nov 19, 2014, 10:56 AM

Dabo should NOT feel the need to ask Clemson Tiger fans not to boo OUR PLAYERS!! that just should not happen..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, really just good ole common sense.***

Nov 19, 2014, 10:06 PM

Dabo needs to ask one Ken Hatfield what

Nov 19, 2014, 11:04 AM

Happened when Mr. Hatfield began to attack the fans. Those who do not know history . . . .

No comparison there. He followed Danny and Danny supporters

Nov 19, 2014, 1:43 PM

We're angry.

Tiger/Terrier

Not to mention Hatfield

Nov 19, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Dabo needs to ask one Ken Hatfield what ]

suucked

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm flattered that a HC is paying attention to us the...

Nov 19, 2014, 1:45 PM

low and beggarly elements of Clemson's fanbase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really, fans can call out the players continuously but

Nov 19, 2014, 9:58 PM

get their feelings hurt when called out. Good for Dabo and nobody is forced to give to IPTAY. Just sayin'

Now Johnnyboy,

Nov 19, 2014, 10:32 PM

you know Dabo has this strange disease. Symptoms present less and less as he matures. I'm not sure if there's even a cure for hoofnmouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic