Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I get the whole arguement of Z Cooper Vs Hunter Johnson,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,714

I get the whole arguement of Z Cooper Vs Hunter Johnson,

Oct 13, 2017, 11:59 PM

But why would you put different RBs in right after you had Ettienne run for a 52 yrd TD? He is a game changer who should be getting it atleast 20 times per game and Feaster 15. Don’t stop what is working and don’t take running backs out of their rhythm!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See CTB re: Meriwether at Maryland***

Oct 14, 2017, 12:04 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get the whole arguement of Z Cooper Vs Hunter Johnson,

Oct 14, 2017, 12:07 AM

i said the same thing, but saw the article where ETN tweeted a hamstring.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:07 AM

He was hurt

Oct 14, 2017, 12:08 AM

Yep. Dabo can defend all he wants but kb shouldn’t have started. Or at least take him out after 2 nd series when he was limping.

Also if streeter really thinks ZC a better option than HJ then he needs to be questioned. Really feel HJ can read defense and audible better than both qbs. No hesitation in pulling the trigger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 12:08 AM

I agree with you on the rb's, but if you understand the HJ vs. ZC decision then that only makes one of us

Oct 14, 2017, 12:13 AM

I don’t think any of us can clearly say that we know for certain Hunter Johnson is by far better than Cooper, yes he has looked good in mop up duty and Cooper has looked poor in 3 rd down passing situations, but you are kidding yourself if you think you can say it with certainty. On running backs, we all can agree as to who needs to get the most snaps.

Fair enough.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:18 AM

How about the fact that we have now all see Zerrick unequivocally fail in crunch time. ZC has been terrible all year. HJ has looked ok to really good, but when it mattered most he was left on the bench while Cooper failed, and failed, and failed again. You know, definition of insanity and all that ####### ####.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fair enough.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:25 AM

I agree, HJ atleast has deserved the opportunity to get the next nod. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a shot so we could actually see who is clearly the 2nd QB.

Re: Fair enough.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Fair enough. ]

Dabo is the man. We've all been watching football a long time (presumably). Sometimes you just "know" things right? We all sorta felt Feaster/ETN should be ahead of Fuller/Choice. We all could see the terror in Cole Stoudt's eyes vs FSU. Didn't we all look at DW4's seam pass between 2 safeties at UGA and say "wow, don't think i've seen a clemson qb make that throw before"

I'm exaggerating a bit, but bottom line is HJ looks like he has "it" while ZC has shown us nothing

So, yeah, I think tonight the coach had a bad night

I believe the truth is...

Oct 14, 2017, 12:54 AM

Dabo is loyal to a fault. We have seen it time and again. He goes with the most tenured. A lot of coaches do. Even in the pro level. Personally it's really the only gripe I have against him. In my opinion ON is the Best athlete on this team but the third best QB. I know I will probably get flamed but oh well. His short to intermediate throws tend to be high, late and off target. As for ZC and Johnson. From what I've seen Johnson does get through his progressions about twice as fast as ZC. I assume ZC is ahead because he knows more of the playbook. But I feel like it's because he was here longer. I've told many of my friends the same thing and they say "No way! Dabo let's them compete and the best plays!" Maybe so but not from what I've seen. No way Watson should have ever seen a game as a backup. And the same goes for just about every position we have. The player who has been here longer gets the nod in close (and not so close) situations. But what do I know? No one is paying me millions to coach a game. But things like this frustrate me. As for tonight. As soon as I saw KB limp I told my wife if we don't put someone in we lose. She said "No way!" Fact is if you have a QB that runs to open up his passing then is he has injured wheels you let him heal up. My hopes of Bryant being healthy went out as soon as I saw the way he went for the first down and let up instead of trying to push another 2 ft to the first.

Also...and I understand it's nit picking. But last week when asked if he would have come back in if the game was in doubt KB said something to the effect of no I didn't know how bad thebijury was and was not going to risk hurting it further. Now while it was true and probably the right thing to do. I've never heard a player say anything like that and I don't know it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I guess because my coaches said ..."don't play scared that will get you hurt l."

Oct 14, 2017, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I get the whole arguement of Z Cooper Vs Hunter Johnson, ]

Yeah...the thousands of us really misread that watson situation too

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 12:14 AM

I guess the same reason you put all pack up WRs in the game down a TD. Or the back ups in on the third drive of the game to wake. Personel on the field this year has been very suspect at times.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,714
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic