Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers offer No.1 prospect in Illinois
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,905

Front Page Story: Tigers offer No.1 prospect in Illinois

Apr 18, 2012, 10:24 PM

Tigers offer No.1 prospect in Illinois

Laquon Treadwell is rated as the number one player in the state of Illinois by ESPN, which also rates him as the 42nd best prospect in the nation regardless of position and the fifth ranked wide receiver. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he visits he's ours...***

Apr 18, 2012, 10:52 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers offer No.1 prospect in Illinois

Apr 19, 2012, 8:57 AM

Good height, speed with moves, and an open positive attitude. Let's have him and his family come meet ours!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2012, 10:09 AM

All of out scholarships are going to filled by the time this kid makes a decision. I know that he wants to hold out until signing day, but he is not that highly ranked and will end up at some big name school with bigger named players. Probably at Ohio State because of how Meyer works his recruiting. This kid waits to long and he'll never see significant snaps. Example Qunishad Davis, or ______ insert Florida State receiver name. Kids are making their choices now and before signing day. It's a safe bet to do that so you can walk through your last playing year with no stress. You also get the popularity of being known as the kid in school going to Clemson or whatever U. I think Jeff Scott was hoping he could talk him into an early commit and a visit. Regardless I feel that with the 8 scholarships that we have left, it would be nice to get. D-End Robert Nkemdiche (Loganville GA), D-End Jaylen Miller (Gaffney SC),RB Dontre Wilson (Desoto TX) Better than CJ speed, ball control like a pro, check for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zCiuvj0aLw, Corner Kendall Fuller (Olney MD) teammate of Clemson commit Dorian O'Daniel,Corner David Kamara (Loganville GA) Teammate of Clemson Commit Wayne Gallman and future commit Robert Nkemdiche, D-tackle Michael Hill (Pendleton SC) Huge guy with tons of upside, Athlete Mykal Moody (Conway SC) He can play just about every position his size and speed makes him a good wideout/H-back type or any D-back spot. Wideout Marquez North (Charlotte NC) Big Fast and "Nuk" like, Any questions about other recruits? Ask me and you might get some low down info.

Apr 19, 2012, 10:29 AM

we didn't fill our class in 2012 did we? i thought we had a few extra schollies to throw towards this year's class.

funny that in a lot of these interviews with the recruits that they mention Sammy. and when asked about their visits a lot of them have said either they are looking forward to meeting Sammy, or excited to have gotten to hang out with him some on their visit. seems to me like Sammy is one of our best recruiters lol.

Apr 19, 2012, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers offer No.1 prospect in Illinois ]

We have more than 8 scholarships left. We will end up taking about 18 by signing day. We have a huge number of underclassmen right now and not everyone will get a chance to play. I hate to see guys leave but I expect a few transfers before the end of the season.

null

Apr 19, 2012, 11:37 AM

We had 12 Scholarships left then we lost Sanders, and Lewis, which freed up some spots. We got Ellington and Brown to come back which kinda hurt us but their veteran leadership will help. Kellen Jones and Jerrod Williams took up some scholars as well. We had 18 coming in but we added a few transfers and lost a couple. From what I know, Jones would have given us 16 but coming in we only had 16 scholarships left to give. 16 is the magic number this year and we were looking at maybe 10 if things didn't turn out the way they did. With Spencer Adams and Carlton Lewis leaving.

I forgot about Spencer Adams. What ever happened to him?

Apr 19, 2012, 11:43 AM

I thought he was supposed to be a pretty good one!

Re: I forgot about Spencer Adams. What ever happened to him?

Apr 19, 2012, 12:13 PM

Track coach wouldn't let him lift as much and he valued track and field over football. Dabo told him that his services would be better suited for track when he weighed in at 160lbs. He came to Clemson at around 175lbs, and they wondered about his ability to tackle then, but he is fast and I believe he is our best in the 200 meters.

awesome man. Thanks for the follow up***

Apr 19, 2012, 1:25 PM

Guy is a Big Michigan Lean..need to get him to the Valley

Apr 19, 2012, 4:09 PM [ in reply to I forgot about Spencer Adams. What ever happened to him? ]

Guy is a big Michigan lean at this point but he has a long way to be flipped. Apparently UM has been recruiting him real hard and believe he's been on campus at like 4-5 times already. Urban Meyer tried to make a run but still think the kid likes UM. Have to get him to the Valley to have a chance.

"We got Ellington and Brown to come back which kinda hurt

Apr 19, 2012, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers offer No.1 prospect in Illinois ]

us but their veteran leadership will help." SAY WHAT? DO YA THINK? Can you possibly be considering two extra scholarships for unproven HS prospects as being more valuable than Ellington and Brown? COME ON, MAN!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "We got Ellington and Brown to come back which kinda hurt

Apr 19, 2012, 9:29 PM

Well like real a ####### Solos you read to much into someones comment without reading it for the context. Hurt us in in relation to the amount of scholarships we would have not that their staying hurt us. I was explaining to someone else, why we have the amount of scholarships we have. Not that having Ellington and Brown were a problem in general.

2 scholarships for potential recruits or 2 proven players..

Apr 20, 2012, 1:47 PM

your "problem" is in your premise.

Why do we talk about this

Apr 19, 2012, 9:34 PM

Our coaches know what they r doing....ughhhhh

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,905
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic