Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lemme talk to yall a minute about paper towels
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 577

Lemme talk to yall a minute about paper towels

Nov 7, 2018, 8:34 PM

All my life I been a store brand man. Sometimes, I've splurged for Brawny. But alas, a paper towel is a paper towel, right? You use it as a snot rag, a kitchen cleaning device, use it to wipe your butt in a pinch. They are just utility devices in a household.

But no. I made a discovery today that has changed my life. That discovery is called Viva Soft and Strong. I don't know how long I've been ignoring this brand. But I found it at Target today on sale and figured I'd give it a try since it was cheaper than the other big brands.

Lemme tell you what you buncha prikks, this is the best goddamm purchase I've ever made. I pulled about 4 sheets off earlier. So far, I've dried a hand-washed frying pan, wiped out a cast iron skillet, wiped down my counters and the stove top and have blown my nose and wiped the sweat off my brow with just 4 sheets. I'll let you figure out the combinations.

I feel like I've just discovered the Internet. My life will never be the same.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nurses at hospital recommended Viva

Nov 7, 2018, 8:52 PM

to us... I'll never buy anything else again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nurses at hospital recommended Viva

Nov 7, 2018, 8:55 PM

I forgot to mention that I love how they stick to the roll

same....minus the 'nurse' thing.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Nurses at hospital recommended Viva ]

every other paper towel is inferior.

now, if i could just get them to rip off AT the perforation, rather than in the middle of each sheet...

Re: I felt the same way

Nov 7, 2018, 8:57 PM

when I discovered Equate Hemorrhoidal Pads at Walmart about fifteen years ago. A clean b-whole is a happy b-whole. No less life changing I assure you...Don't leave home without them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

M drunk and hateful!!!

Nov 7, 2018, 8:59 PM

Kirkland’s or get the fudge out!!!

Re: M drunk and hateful!!!

Nov 7, 2018, 9:01 PM

Sir, I respectfully disagree. Please take your second-rate paper towels and kindly GTFO

have you and your wife separated, yet?***

Nov 7, 2018, 9:03 PM [ in reply to M drunk and hateful!!! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lemme talk to yall a minute about paper towels

Nov 7, 2018, 10:04 PM

I'll probably forget this by the time we use up the massive bundle of Sam's Club paper towels I just bought yesterday, plus the few rolls still left from the prior massive bundle. But thanks for sharing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I use the dish rag for wiping spills and cleaning counters.

Nov 7, 2018, 11:42 PM

Yes, you're right, I wash dishes by hand. Nothing better than a good hand job and drying them by hand to give them a second look ensuring they are clean. I use hot water and Ivory Liquid.

To dry dishes I use the 100% cotton white cotton towels ($5/pack of five) from Walmart. I might use a little more water but the soap is cheaper and nobody murders trees to make anything. Maybe a few pig to produce the soap but nothing that we wouldn't all kill for bacon, ham and BBQ anyway.

I know little to nothing about paper towels or the dishwashers which you call appliances. I raised five dishwashers (daughters) and two lawn mowers (sons). My wife had no appliances, she used me thoroughly and often. I don't run on batteries either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been using these for years

Nov 8, 2018, 4:57 AM

They are washable too - leave a snotty one in your pocket and send it through the washer and dryer. Perfectly usable again...

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: Lemme talk to yall a minute about paper towels

Nov 8, 2018, 8:29 AM

Now my computer screen is completely covered with Brawny paper towel ads. Thanks man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's what you get for google image searching "Lumberjacks"***

Nov 8, 2018, 8:47 AM

Paper products = Sam's FTW.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:37 AM

Sams has a decent brand, and it's cheap. Works fine for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol..."decent"

Nov 8, 2018, 8:48 AM

I DRY OFF AFTER SHOWERS WITH 2 SHEETS OF VIVA

Re: lol..."decent"

Nov 8, 2018, 8:49 AM

EXACTLY. I'VE JACKERLATED 5 TIMES IN ONE LITTLE TINY CORNER OF 1 SHEET OF VIVA AND IT'S LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

AND THESE AREN'T LITTLE DRIBBLES WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Once you get the entire sheet

Nov 8, 2018, 9:02 AM

crusty, you can insert it as shielding in a Kevlar vest and you're freaking bulletproof.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JFC, I am actually crying at my desk I laughed so hard @that***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: lol..."decent" ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I use a towel.

Nov 8, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to lol..."decent" ]

Over time, you waste money.

the Lunge needs more quality lifehacks like this.***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 577
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic