Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel sorry for Cain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,100

I feel sorry for Cain

Jan 9, 2016, 3:38 PM

I really do. I mean, I think his punishment is necessary, but I hate it for him to be missing on what may be a once in a life-time opportunity for him (not Clemson). Clemson may return to the Natty soon, but to make it there more than once in 4 years is rare. If anyone can do it with the new playoff system though, it will be us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel sorry for Cain

Jan 9, 2016, 3:40 PM

I feel sorrier for the team and fan base than I do Cain. Just lay off the tree for like 1 more month dude, come on. But without him, Mike W. and Shaq, we're missing major elements of what got us here. Alabama on the other hand is at full strength. Sucks big time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2016, 4:06 PM

Not totally true.We didn't have Mike for almost the entire season
and Shaq has not been ruled out all though he may not be 100%.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2016, 3:46 PM

Why would you feel sorry for Cain? Feel for his family, teammates and coaches he left swinging in the wind. Kids are kids but his selfish act impacts a lot of people other than him. Hopefully he grows and has a monster season next year.

Go Tigers!!!

Jan 9, 2016, 4:04 PM

Imagine how Isaiah Battle feels

Jan 9, 2016, 4:05 PM

I feel deeply for this young man as well because in my past I have placed myself in a similar position and faced consequences for my poor decisions. The positive is that if he can just accept it, learn from it and distance himself from this period of his development as a man, he will be just fine. I am going to say, I bet at some point next year he will refer to this as a watershed moment in his life. I believe in you Deon!

Me as well

Jan 9, 2016, 4:08 PM

Like others that have commented, I do feel bad for others on the team that he let down, but unlike some of the other posters, I have not lived a perfect life and feel bad for him. I am sure he has learned from the mistake, and that actions do have consequences.

Re: Me as well

Jan 9, 2016, 4:16 PM

Amen, My actions caused pain for me and others and I still regret that but we have to move forward and so will Deon.

I can think of a lot of kids who would have followed the

Jan 9, 2016, 4:05 PM

rules, but didn't have Deon's chance to play. Too bad Deon is apparently unappreciative enough to break the rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't

Jan 9, 2016, 4:09 PM

he made a decision to smoke when he knew that there was a chance for a suspension.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

God is on Cain's side here and He's being good to the boy.

Jan 9, 2016, 4:10 PM

Those who understand, understand. Those who don't aren't fathers yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I am not a father yet

Jan 9, 2016, 4:14 PM

but just know some of the stupid things that I have done, but never gotten caught doing. I have been pretty successful in life, but if all my mistakes were laid out for everyone to see, most would think I was a dirtbag.

Re: Yep, I am not a father yet

Jan 9, 2016, 5:40 PM

Someone who gets it. If all our skeletons were out, ####, no telling what would be said. Weed is not the issue. That's a big so what. It's following protocol and rules. My kids know this, break the rules and there are consequences

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: God is on Cain's side here and He's being good to the boy.

Jan 9, 2016, 4:19 PM [ in reply to God is on Cain's side here and He's being good to the boy. ]

God doesn't take sides.

Jan 9, 2016, 4:21 PM

He may not "take sides" but God loves our imperfections, it's called humanity.

Jan 9, 2016, 5:36 PM [ in reply to God is on Cain's side here and He's being good to the boy. ]

Now that's a fact. I feel bad for him as well. I've had plenty of f ups and do overs. It happens. And having 3 teens affords understanding

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Kid made a mistake - he's young

Jan 9, 2016, 5:27 PM

and knew the rules.

As it stands now weed is illegal. Which is the law, but a very dumb law, that I, and many others don't agree with. I'm not a partaker in Marijuana, but it's not nearly as dangerous as liquor, or many other prescription drugs. I would say smoking on a regular basis is much more dangerous than taking a puff or two of the Magic Dragon.

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Yea, I agree with you

Jan 9, 2016, 6:11 PM

I do not partake either, I have random drug tests and it would ruin my career if I tested positive. Being in the medical field, I can confidently tell you that weed is safer than alcohol, and tobacco. I mean, I am not saying that it will not hurt you, but relatively speaking, in moderation it is safer than the other legal stuff that we have mentioned.

With that said, if I ever get a terminal disease with a poor prognosis, like cancer, I am getting high every day. It is so much better than opioids that are prescribed to people. If you come to the house, do not eat the brownies if that is the case.

Back 2 Back

Jan 9, 2016, 5:30 PM

U heard it hear first...

Cain chose the consequences when he smoked it...

Jan 9, 2016, 5:43 PM

"We done smoked it..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2016, 5:54 PM

Cain will be back better than ever. He will be one of the leaders next year. Good luck Deon you learn by your mistakes.

Go TIGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

I don't and I honestly don't know if I would get him a ring

Jan 9, 2016, 6:18 PM

he did help get the team to this position, but he made a choice. That choice has consequences that after others.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic