Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on this WF game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on this WF game

Oct 3, 2017, 9:28 AM

I think we'll win, but it could be a sneaky tough game. They have some "Dudes" on their DL and in recent years we haven't play as well at home vs solid, but not elite competition. We've played much better and have been much more focused when playing these types of games on the road.

My gut just says that it won't be as easy as everyone else seems to think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on this WF game***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

My gut tells me we'll be fine...

Oct 3, 2017, 9:34 AM

and I doubt your gut is as big as mine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Pigs?***

Oct 3, 2017, 12:44 PM

Re: I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on this WF game

Oct 3, 2017, 9:35 AM

JUST WHO IS THIS EVERYONE ELSE PERSON.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe if we jangle some keys at 'em?***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Put their band in the top corner of the north upper deck.***

Oct 3, 2017, 12:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We have won 8 in a row, should Wake fear

Oct 3, 2017, 9:38 AM

the ring finger?

I agree we should not look past Wake and I don't want to jinx us as Wake gave FSU all they wanted last week. Plus Wake used to give us a tough game. Recall 2002-05 when they had RB Chris Barclay and Bowden could not find a way to stop him. Every time he touched the ball he gained at least 6 or 7 yards. As the 2005 ACC player of the year, I was glad when he graduated!

My how things have changed! Dabo owns teams that used to give us fits!

Go Tigers!

i'm sorry i was asleep....what did you say??***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I've been pointing to this one before VT.

Oct 3, 2017, 9:54 AM

I was already looking ahead to Wake Forest. This is a division game, unlike VT. This game is yuge.

Oct 3, 2017, 10:33 AM

I am with you man. I do think we will win the game, but I hope the team and fans don't sleep walk through it. WF has nothing to lose and upsetting us would make their season. My family will be there cheering as loud as possible ! Go Tigers !

The difference you're experiencing now with a lot of

Oct 3, 2017, 10:40 AM

Clemson folks is that most "expect" to win games, rather than "hope" to win.

That translates to a certain amount of self-confidence among ourselves and toward our team, while not necessarily making us think we are invincible.

This is my 53rd season since my freshman year, and I choose to regard every game equally without looking ahead. Thus, I take this upcoming Wake game seriously...very seriously.

I'm quite certain most of my Clemson brethren on and off TigerNet do the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey, I take no game lightly.

Oct 3, 2017, 10:41 AM

and I thought wake looked pretty good against Florida St.
get ‘em, tigres!!!

I don't think so.

When do we play them?

Before the C0CKS?

Talent wise, there is no comparison. I completely agree with you that we could see an ugly game, especially if we come out as flat as we did during BC. I was hoping that we were over the looking past teams habit that we seem to have, but after watching the contrast between our game vs BC two weeks ago, and then last week vs VT I don't think we are fully over that yet. I now feel for sure that we were looking past BC to playing VT. For sure we look stronger against weaker opponents this year than last year, probably because this years team feels like they have something to prove. Wake is on the up slope, but if we focus on this game and this game only, it wont be close.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Dano and Team are sleeping

Oct 3, 2017, 10:42 AM

On it, TNET has that luxury

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 10:43 AM

I'm still scarred from the Tommy Bowden years and the fits that Wake Forest used to give us. I saw us lose horribly in Winston-Salem in 2003 when they blew us out of the stadium.

I think that this year's Wake Forest team is better than they've been in the past, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

I watched part of their game with FSU Saturday. Didn't their quarterback get hurt in the second half? He looked like he couldn't throw the ball after is injury, or at least that's what it looked like in the fourth quarter when they were tied with FSU and had a three and out to give the ball back to FSU and lose the game. If Wolford is injured and unable to throw the ball well, then I feel much better about an easier win.

MT

I feel like the team will be more ready for

Oct 3, 2017, 10:45 AM

This one than they were for BC

Focus people!!!!!***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't sleep on it - it's a freakin' 12 noon kickoff!! UGH!!!***

Oct 3, 2017, 11:08 AM

Re: Can't sleep on it - it's a freakin' 12 noon kickoff!! UGH!!!***

Oct 3, 2017, 11:30 AM

Hey, Wake fan here.

We are a much better football team than over the last few years. Clawson is recruiting well and we've got some good skill players. Our defense has played well, but our offense has been predictable at times and very conservative. My hope is we make it respectable and don't suffer any serious injuries. After playing FSU close, who knows where our players will be mentally.

I expect you guys to cover the spread. We play Idle the following Saturday (hope to win) before a trip to Atlanta. Anyway, I'll come around this week and check in on the comments. My only trip to DV was a little 82-24 loss in 1981. Anyway, hope its a great game. You guys appear to have what it takes to play for the title again. Best of luck and Go Deacs!

Totally Agree.

Oct 3, 2017, 11:42 AM

Tough defensive front 7 and an offense that does not make mistakes. Gave FSU all they wanted. Tigers can't afford to sleepwalk through the first three quarters like against BC.

Re: Totally Agree.

Oct 3, 2017, 11:51 AM

FSU has a terrible OL and a QB that can hardly walk and chew gum right now. He probably will get better though. Remember Weak Forest regally blew out APP State. As long as our team does not sleep walk we will be OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowtown has been talking about BC and Wake for weeks

Oct 3, 2017, 11:50 AM

Didn't want us to lose focus with these lesser opponents (UL and VT), and she was right.

Hey, I'm worried.

Oct 3, 2017, 11:54 AM

Jim Grobe always seems to have them up for us.

Re: Hey, I'm worried.

Oct 3, 2017, 12:08 PM

Grobe and Johnson are cut from the same cloth. Teach your Ol to go for the knees!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 12:23 PM

Cut blocking is perfectly legal way to block. With that being said, Coach Ford taught his players that technique. A number of programs continue to use same. Jim Grobe worries more about his golf grip and the shine on his golf shoes now.

Oct 3, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Hey, I'm worried. ]

Jim Grobe was an underestimated coach. He was at one of the smaller schools (4K?) and competiting regionally in recruiting against UNC, Duke and NCST. Grobe knew he couldn't have a real good team every year but his intelligent use of red-shirting allowed Wake to cluster players and be competitive every three years or so.

Moral - don't overlook Wake and be prepared for this game. Looking ahead can result in a mid-season loss.

Go Tigers!

thankfully

Oct 3, 2017, 12:18 PM

those people are fans, not players and coaches.

Dabo is 8-0 v Wake

Oct 3, 2017, 12:19 PM

Bowden is gone.

'nuff said.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic