Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, life’s roller coaster continues.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Well, life’s roller coaster continues.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:27 AM

I’m stupid enough to enjoy the ups and downs I guess. Daughter of got COVID test back yesterday....negative...woot. Within an hour wife’s company sent email to her division that there is a mandatory call today at 11 and they need to cancel all other calls and anyone on vacation or on family leave needs to attend. Let’s just say there appear to be a lot of HR people on the invite list.

I’m telling her we will be fine regardless of what the call is about, but she just isn’t wired that way and is a wreck. I just realized this is the first time she’s faced a layoff vs in my tech background, it was an every other year possibility.

Just have to enjoy this crazy ride because ultimately it takes us all to the same place sooner than we’d like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel awful for her

Sep 17, 2020, 8:31 AM

that you don't make enough money to support the family and need her to work a 9-5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel awful for her

Sep 17, 2020, 8:32 AM

Lol! She’s throwing icing on the cake, but

Sep 17, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to I feel awful for her ]

Dem bennies doh....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's actually contributing to bills, this could be a

Sep 17, 2020, 8:39 AM

blessing in disguise....You guys have got a pretty lucrative self help book/seminar opportunity. I bet half le lunge would want to know your secret, and pay handsomely to figure it out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would probably need to borrow money on the condo

Sep 17, 2020, 8:43 AM

in the Hamptons if wife wasn't pulling in ....just realized I have no idea what my wife makes. She's a teacher with 10 yrs and a master's....maybe 50?

That's just her 'spending money' though, right?

Sep 17, 2020, 8:46 AM

My wife makes $0 now and we bleed money. I put up a solid, happy front but am slowly dying inside.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, thankfully she spends significantly less than I do bc

Sep 17, 2020, 8:49 AM

Fishing / boat.

She pays childcare, insurance, groceries, and contributes to 1 of the 529s.

How big is her WAP though?

Sep 17, 2020, 8:52 AM

You know, Weekly Amazon Purchases

weekly?

Sep 17, 2020, 9:12 AM

lucky...

Seriously. There's always nonsense just showing up

Sep 17, 2020, 9:25 AM

at our door.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the following is not a joke, exaggeration, hyperbole, etc

Sep 17, 2020, 9:52 AM

twice, now, I've seen (because I've been outside) the UPS guy just stop in front of our house, go into the back of his truck, return to the cab empty-handed, and look at me and shrug, like "oops, I just assumed there was something back here for youse guise. weird"

I'd bet we get something from Amazon 4-5 days a week., and that's just amazon.
granted, SheGUAR uses it for A LOT of 'pantry' stuff (Amazon Pantry, to be repetitive) and has set 'ship & save' things at regular intervals

What is your box management strategy?

Sep 17, 2020, 10:03 AM

There for awhile I was just throwing them in my truck and putting them in the dumpster here at work. But the baby toy packages are huge. If I tried to throw them in the trashcan we wouldn't have any room for actual trash by Tuesday. I've taken to making landfill runs, but I'm having a hard time accepting that part of my life is now disposing of Amazon boxes.

Thinking about getting a little burn barrel or something.

build a fort.***

Sep 17, 2020, 10:13 AM

Paint with thompsons water sealer and make a deck***

Sep 17, 2020, 12:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I do a recycling run every weekend.

Sep 17, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to What is your box management strategy? ]

for just cardboard alone...

but I'm less than 2 miles from nearest Gville county waste/recycling place

Lutz you poors

Sep 17, 2020, 10:24 AM

They come to my house and pick up my boxes in a recycle can.

Not one of those dinky bins, full can. Just flatten them out and by weeks end the top is full

The day we get recycling cans is probably the day I start

Sep 17, 2020, 10:30 AM

looking to move. That means there are way too many ####### people living around me.

If working from home has taught me anything, Amazon and

Sep 17, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to How big is her WAP though? ]

JCrew might go under if my wife didn't have a daily delivery from them.

But Greenr, these jeans were only $20 so I bought 4 pair.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then they don't fit right, or don't look like they did in

Sep 17, 2020, 9:33 AM

the pictures so they get stored in a closet for 10 years. Future Goodwill inventory will be made up exclusively of online purchases that never got sent back.

Dude...

Sep 17, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to That's just her 'spending money' though, right? ]

I don't think your "front" is as solid and happy as you thing.

Not here, none of you ######## make me any money***

Sep 17, 2020, 8:53 AM

Have two more kids and see where all your money goes.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to That's just her 'spending money' though, right? ]

Then let me know because I am not sure where mine all goes. It just goes somewhere.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's goes towards WifeOfGreenr's WAP

Sep 17, 2020, 9:26 AM

Welcoming and Attentive Parenting

It goes to groceries and cloths for those gremlins and WAP

Sep 17, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Have two more kids and see where all your money goes. ]

Weekly Aroundthehouse Projects

You're really stretching out the WAP

Sep 17, 2020, 9:44 AM

meaning there.

Agreed. All the money in this household goes to bills

Sep 17, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Have two more kids and see where all your money goes. ]

whiskey and that 1996 Chevy in the yard.

And to my wife's WAP.

Wet ### #####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I am prepared to give up the pooty for years if necessary

Sep 17, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Have two more kids and see where all your money goes. ]

The thought of having another child right now scares me to my core.

I thought I was the only on in here who has a wife that

Sep 17, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Would probably need to borrow money on the condo ]

works but pays absolutely zero bills?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ready to get mad

Sep 17, 2020, 9:49 AM

I got my wife trained to pay the mortgage and her own car payment.

And people say I wouldn't make a good salesman...

say wut?***

Sep 17, 2020, 10:11 AM

Within 3 weeks of each other a decade ago

Sep 17, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Get ready to get mad ]

I got married, and a joint checking account.

I wouldn't suggest either one.

But anyways, all money goes in there and I pay all bills from there.

Wife of doesn't know how much we have in the accounts because she DGAF.

I know down to the penny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah but you'd be poorer if you weren't married

Sep 17, 2020, 10:31 AM

The rest of us wouldn't, probably.

Half of 0 is still 0 brosephus

Sep 17, 2020, 10:39 AM

that's why she won't leave.

Heh..you haven't learned maths yet.

Sep 17, 2020, 11:01 AM

Divorce math, that is. And if she left, she'd take more than your half of your zero with her..and since you have kids..probably for the rest of your life.

Same bank account here. So the bills get paid and the

Sep 17, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I thought I was the only on in here who has a wife that ]

spending money all come out of there. One way to look at it is we all pay the bills and we all spend the money. The other way to look at it is my entire paycheck is a flaming pile of shit

sad samesies

Sep 17, 2020, 10:21 AM

i honestly don't understand the "i pay this, she pays (or doesn't pay) that" thing for married peoples

blows mah mind

Well..

We never joined bank accounts
I had a house when we got married, so all the bills were already in my name
nothing ever changed
Up until recently, I made more than her
13 years later, here we are.

except you've moved like 3 times, right?***

Sep 17, 2020, 10:36 AM

closer to 5

Sep 17, 2020, 10:37 AM

soon to be 6

I thought this was the common thing

Sep 17, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Same bank account here. So the bills get paid and the ]

And this is how we do it. One pot and it pays everything. But apparently we are one of the few that do it this way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

We each have our own accounts, and a joint check, save, cc.

Sep 17, 2020, 11:10 AM

We each get paid to our own checking accounts. Each throw $2,500 per month into the joint checking account. Put all joint expenses into the joint credit card, paid for from the joint checking account. When the joint checking account balance gets high, we move it into the joint saving account. Works out very well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Not saying its the wrong way to do things

Sep 17, 2020, 11:14 AM

Just not what I expected the norm to be, especially growing up in a very fiscally conservative family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do the same thing with lottery tickets***

Sep 17, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to We each have our own accounts, and a joint check, save, cc. ]

If you’re looking for sugar mama skillz,

Sep 17, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to If she's actually contributing to bills, this could be a ]

CS02 GITT.

VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU KEEP YOUR PIECE CLEAN AT ALL TIMES

Sep 17, 2020, 9:04 AM

Good idea to splash some water on it before she gets home. JIC

Got to marry up boys. Then you

Sep 17, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to If she's actually contributing to bills, this could be a ]

Can take your time like I did. Work a couple dream jobs and then get into another dream company. No stress. Just beers starting at 330, good vacations, however......you have to be REALLY GOOD at apologizing.

Marry up is my advice to anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what I did.

Sep 17, 2020, 10:39 AM

Can not recommend this enough.

my wife went thru that a few months ago

Sep 17, 2020, 8:59 AM

first furlow, then layoff 1 month after covid lockdowns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

every other year?!?!

Sep 17, 2020, 9:00 AM

lucky.

Wimmen are too emotional sometimes

Sep 17, 2020, 9:04 AM

My wife got furloughed thanks to the Almighty Prisma back when the COVID started. Was a wrecked.

Luckily I do make enough to support us for the most part since she was PRN because Clemson Masters program so it twasn't a mess.

Hears to hoping you get some to perform some emotionally comforting ##### inside her.

If it goes down that way, seems like a great time to sell

Sep 17, 2020, 9:18 AM

the main house and go to the lake full time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oof, goodluck MrsObed.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:23 AM

If the airlines don't pick back up, krzywife will be on the second furloughing probably. We'll be fine financially, but mentally she loves flying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold up

Sep 17, 2020, 10:18 AM

did you actually get married or is this one of those living in sin type of deals ?

Because if it's the former, pretty #### pissed we didn't get an invite

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Sep 17, 2020, 10:19 AM

And it's been in jungesnap, idjit.

Let me drop some knowledge on you

Sep 17, 2020, 10:24 AM

I'm good looking, it's a curse, because people think I'm vapid and slow, and honestly it's true.

So there, I'm a victim of my beauty

We are victims of your face too***

You got this!

Sep 17, 2020, 9:25 AM

Just start doing a WATN every week and Tnet has to pay you a s a contributor. She’ll never need to work again.

My experience has been that not getting invites

Sep 17, 2020, 9:26 AM

to those calls is what is to be feared. Getting invites means you still have a job but with some sort of furlough or pay reduction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's hoping Chaz still gets that 2021 Land Rover

Sep 17, 2020, 10:18 AM

T&Ps

but fo real, that Federlines

Best wishes...

Sep 17, 2020, 10:40 AM

Ts and Ps.

Busy day here, haven't had time to sort through the thread.

Sep 17, 2020, 11:47 AM

BIG catering order today came in. 400 tacos, 200 empenadas, several gallons of salsa, a 50 gallon drum of tortilla chips, 5 gallons of beans, and untold onions y rice.

Anyhoo, has someone asked for pigs of your wife's tiddes? If not, that's my question.

INAPPROPRIATE, BRUH

Sep 17, 2020, 11:49 AM

Don't be talking bout food. I'm starving and stuck on a conference call.

I agree, I wanna See Obed's Chocolate Milk Udders!

Obed, update?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:40 PM

Obed®

Gut instinct was correct....call was at 11 and

Sep 17, 2020, 3:31 PM

they dumped the whole division. Miraculously it's the first layoff she's ever faced, so she's hurt and in shock....we will be fine though....she has 6+ months from today on the payroll still....she'll find another job in the company, or outside the company, or maybe just come to work with me.

When it rains it pours though....my Dad was having a heart cath this morn and I just got word from Mom that it's a pretty severe blockage and he's going to need a bypass surgery pronto, and he's not the kind of physical specimen you want to see going under the knife. In other words, just eff this year and any thoughts and prayers appreciated.

Hey man, that is alot to handle, sorry to hear that.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:38 PM

First off, prayers for your pops. Good luck to him.

Secondly, 6 months of severance seems pretty OK, if that is what you were saying. Not the best time to be looking but not the worst either. Maybe this will lead to a new opportunity elsewhere.

Thanks buddy, appreciate it....we will be ok, we have

Sep 17, 2020, 3:50 PM

faced worse before and will face worse again, it just sucks having multiple nutpunches come rapid-fire in an already awesome year.

I'm a relativist though....in about 12 seconds I can think of someone who has it far worse, and it tends to make me stop whining.

Countdown to OnlyFans account?

Sep 17, 2020, 10:22 PM

Cereally though, I hope for the best for your fam and pops.

10-4 on the relativism

Sep 17, 2020, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Thanks buddy, appreciate it....we will be ok, we have ]

Been leaning on that a lot lately. Rough few days in the casa, young life waaaaay too close to home taken too early.

No answers to all questions, but silver linings can be found by those that seek them.

Your wife will stick the landing like mary lou retton.

Hang tough sir and all will work out. Best for your dad! ******

Sep 17, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Gut instinct was correct....call was at 11 and ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for you dad and hope you wife gets

Sep 17, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Gut instinct was correct....call was at 11 and ]

a new position quick.

When it rains, it pours for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well dayum. Ts&Ps and F*&^K YOU 2020!***

Sep 17, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Gut instinct was correct....call was at 11 and ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic