Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will never watch another kickoff of an NFL game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

I will never watch another kickoff of an NFL game

Jun 8, 2020, 7:54 AM

There are some things you don't trample on and it starts with our flag. There are many other avenues to make a statement to a large audience.
I'd go as far to say no NFL for me period if not for following former Clemson alums, but I suppose will kneel or protest as well.
Just my humble opinion.
May God bless America

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will never watch another kickoff of an NFL game

Jun 8, 2020, 7:56 AM

some of them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I refuse to watch the NFL...

Jun 8, 2020, 8:52 AM

Hope the league folds

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I refuse to watch the NFL...

Jun 8, 2020, 9:39 AM

yeah, that would be a good thing, put a big hole in the economy, put a bunch of people out of work , kill every business where someone refuses to stand for the national anthem, that's the ticket...

Yeah, who want to watch the best players play at their peak

Jun 8, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I refuse to watch the NFL... ]

anyway?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't it be great if it was just about watching great

Jun 8, 2020, 2:31 PM

players play football?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wouldn't all sports be better off without the taint of

Jun 8, 2020, 2:42 PM

political agenda? I don't see that as being exclusive to the NFL, you can't get away from it here, among the supposed amateurs

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely!

Jun 8, 2020, 3:26 PM

As others have already said, sports are a nice escape from politics and other aspects of life. I imagine that is why many (most?) of us enjoy sports.

The more sports are used as a political platform, the less people will continue to tune in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I refuse to watch the NFL...

Jun 8, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to I refuse to watch the NFL... ]

You're so soft. Just watch the game and not think about anything other than the actual game.

Ok***

Jun 8, 2020, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics

Jun 8, 2020, 9:21 AM

Do not want to have to watch these mindless simpletons spread their hatred based opinions to what they believe to be a captive audience.
Therefore I and my family quit watching NFL when Colin Canthrowafootball started all this junk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics

Jun 8, 2020, 9:32 AM

Another day in Trumps America. Agitates and aggravates. 24/7. get used to it. After a cop kneeled a black man to death unlawfully, I bet half the stadium will kneel. Trump will throw a hissy, but hey, he started it. And it was none of his business. None. I wonder what he has already tweeted this morning. No wait, I don't really want to know.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:40 AM

"Trump will throw a hissy, but hey, he started it" - what freaking universe are you from? You have no clue how kap's kneeling affected TRUE AMERICANS. If you don't give a crap about AMERICA or any laws that should be observed, then go ahead and live in your anti-AMERICAN world.

Jun 8, 2020, 10:52 AM

In case you did not know this, The applicable law in this matter is the first amendment. I love America and I love the first amendment. You just love the way you want others to do as you say, kinda like the current president we have. Divider in Chief.

Jun 8, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

"Trump will throw a hissy, but hey, he started it" - what freaking universe are you from? You have no clue how kap's kneeling affected TRUE AMERICANS. If you don't give a crap about AMERICA or any laws that should be observed, then go ahead and live in your anti-AMERICAN world.

Who are TRUE AMERICANS? Am I one? I served in the US Army, did a tour in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Kneeling does not offend me. Are you a better American than me? What makes America great is our right to protest, that's what I fought for, so they have the right to protest how they want, they aren't breaking any laws.

Should everything happen to make you feel good? Do we live in orange lightning's world?

Message was edited by: UGAguyInTigerTown®

Jun 8, 2020, 11:23 AM

Who are TRUE AMERICANS? Am I one? I served in the US Army, did a tour in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Kneeling does not offend me. Are you a better American than me? What makes America great is our right to protest, that's what I fought for, so they have the right to protest how they want, they aren't breaking any laws.

Should everything happen to make you feel good? Do we live in orange lightning's world?

You won't get a response because people only quote the military when "their grandfather or some other relative" tells them how offensive kneeling is. They don't care that a significantly large portion of military say that its not offensive.

Jun 8, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

Thank you for your service sir..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

Thanks for your service. Did 20 years in the Air Force myself. Of course people have a right to protest but businesses and companies have a right to limit your protests and speech while you're representing said business or company. Then, they have the right to part ways with you if you become a liability vs. an asset.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious how you might define

Jun 8, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

A TRUE AMERICAN OL. Seems your bar is pretty low if one only need stand at the right times and chant the words to the right songs and incantations in unison. The absolute best part about America is that you and I don’t get to define what it means to anyone else.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

Trump started it? Do I need to remind you who was in office when the kneeling started?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 8, 2020, 10:56 AM

trump started the division. throw the sons of ####### out the game. remember ? the whole kneeling thing was dying out with only kapernik and a few others doing it at the time trump made aggravated the situation. our aggravator in chief.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

Trump DID NOT start a #### thing. Kaperprick wanted to become an Activist and he CHOSE the path of “Look at Me”!

Just out of curiosity...

Jun 8, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

Did you also have a problem with President Obama injecting himself into non-political debates and events?

Jun 8, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

and, I too , watch it to get away from politics, work, other problems, etc. The whole kneeling would have died away if trump hadn't challenged Kapernick and the one or two who were the only ones continuing to do it at that time.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:41 AM

"The whole kneeling would have died away if trump hadn't challenged Kapernick " - you still have no clue. Hellll effing NO it would NOT have died down due to anything Trump did. Good grief, how freaking clueless can one be?

Jun 8, 2020, 10:59 AM

throw some gasoline on the fire, yeah ,great leadership......gotta feed that base, every day is campaign day...

Agree.

Jun 8, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

I read where 1/4 of nfl players had been charged with a felony.

Hope the league folds

Jun 8, 2020, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I enjoy watching football to GET AWAY from politics ]

"Do not want to have to watch these mindless simpletons spread their hatred based opinions to what they believe to be a captive audience."

And yet you are here.

Jun 8, 2020, 7:14 PM

So CFB is NFL now. Good to know.

I agree.***

Jun 8, 2020, 9:24 AM

There's a very simple solution...

Jun 8, 2020, 9:35 AM

play the National Anthem before the players come out onto the field -- like they do in college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: There's a very simple solution...

Jun 8, 2020, 9:37 AM

excellent idea

You're hired.***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to There's a very simple solution... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a very simple solution...

Jun 8, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to There's a very simple solution... ]

No, that solution will not work now. When they had the chance to implement that, the declined. Now it would it look painfully obvious if they changed the procedure now.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:37 AM

Question: if the players wanted to protest something, would it be ok to do that, say, between the 3rd and 4th quarters? Would that be ok with you? Just curious.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:45 AM

Maybe during halftime they could have a special ceremony when no cameras are on them, and only the people that still attend their games would see that. If they do that, Would that be ok with you? Just curious.

When protesting one usually goes for the jugular, in this case the Flag.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:51 AM

Whether right or wrong it comes down to getting attention of all in the room, and it did..kidnapping as such our revered Flag that has been defended by many brave men & women.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never watch another kickoff of an NFL game ]

I’m not sure why they would have to do it without any cameras involved, but yes, I would be fine with that. If that’s the way they wanted to do it. I’m ok with them kneeling during the Anthem if they’d like...it is a free country after all.

Seems that people that vocally hate the kneeling during the anthem, claiming it is a protest against America and the flag, really have a problem with any protest at any time. Maybe their reaction is not about the flag after all?

Jun 8, 2020, 11:42 AM

Bingo. It’s interesting how a large portion of those saying it offends the flag are the ones also spitting out things about black on black crime or all lives matter.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:52 AM

Bingo. It’s interesting how a large portion of those saying it offends the flag are the ones also spitting out things about black on black crime or all lives matter.

If All Lives Don’t Matter, then why are you here? The Organization called BLM is is ROOTED in Marxist ideals!!!!! If that’s the way you desire to live, then go to Russia or the Middle East and see how you like it.

Jun 8, 2020, 12:11 PM

NOBODY disputes that all lives matter. Black lives are the ones we’re talking about right now, though. We can talk about everyone else later. You realize, if we can fix the system to make it more fair and weed out the bad guys, wouldn’t that be good for everyone?

Here’s how I see it: a family member of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer. This really affects me. Because of this I may post somewhere that “breast cancer sucks”. Then you come out and say “all cancer sucks”. It’s true but also inappropriate and shows a lack of empathy.

More than one thing at a time can be true. Show some empathy for your neighbors. Some of them are hurting right now, including most of the people we cheer for every Saturday.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:56 AM

Sometimes you have to make a stand, I'm proud of Kap. God bless America.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:48 AM

Kaperprick is a SELF SERVING CLOWN!

Jun 8, 2020, 2:08 PM

Why do you say that?

It seems you are asking for respect but are unwilling to give respect.

Jun 8, 2020, 10:24 AM

Seems many justifiably oppose and rant above violence associated with riots. I can understand that.

Peaceful, non-violent protest is OK IMO because it’s is a tenant of American freedom not a symbol.

In fairness to the OP, isn't not watching also....

Jun 8, 2020, 10:37 AM

a form of protest?

I am sure the NFL will miss him deeeerly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazes me people get so upset over this stuff

Jun 8, 2020, 11:25 AM

I think the way Kaepernick chose to protest will only be looked upon more and more favorably as we move forward. It's just a shame that, while sparking plenty of conversation, it didnt spark any change. Sadly, it seems that violence and destruction is always the slap in the face that people ultimately need.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:50 AM

I think this is a case where actually listening to what Kap and the others have said matters. The man has literally said it wasn’t about disrespecting the flag or military. He also listened to and took the advice of someone in the military when he changed from sitting down during the anthem to taking a knee.

Jun 8, 2020, 12:33 PM

LOL @ the NFL idiots and especially that POS Drew Brees that says it has never been about the flag.

Aug 27, 2016 - "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in ...

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:22 PM
BillRussell.jpg(128.2 K)

Either one of you is right, or both of you are wrong, or both of you are right.

I have to admit

Jun 8, 2020, 12:22 PM

I'll miss playing fantasy football but at least my Sunday's are now free.

Signed,

Former Panther/NFL fan.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:27 PM

I'm excited about the NFL! There are so many CU players now it's really fun. The Raiders and Texans are the ones I get into the most mainly because of Deshaun and Hunter. But don't let Gruden fool you counting backwards by three is an easy memory game.

Jun 8, 2020, 3:22 PM

I have not watched an NFL game in several years since all this crap began......and I have done just fine without it.....they have ruined the sport bringing politics into game of football......we need to unite in support of our flag, stop watching their biased BS, and let their ratings and money dry up to nothing.......hope they go belly up......Go Tigers!!!!!

Does it bother you when trump hugs and kisses

Jun 8, 2020, 8:33 PM

The flag?

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic