Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Muse's gesture: "Absolutely will not be tolerated here"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Muse's gesture: "Absolutely will not be tolerated here"

Oct 24, 2017, 1:04 PM

Swinney on Muse's gesture: "Absolutely will not be tolerated here"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, drinking a football got coach mad.***

Oct 24, 2017, 1:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.***

Oct 24, 2017, 1:09 PM

Muse should do boxing moves on his next house call. Amirite?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

Pretty sure it was the throat slash that drew the penalty.....

Which begs the question why can players get away with so much but not that?

Oct 24, 2017, 1:17 PM

UH IT WAS NOT A THROAT SLASH. HE WAS WIPING HIS MOUTH. EITHER WAY, NOT GOOD.

Oct 24, 2017, 1:27 PM

Have you heard Muse say that? I haven't heard anyone confirm that. So we really don't know what it was intended to be, other than a bad move regardless.

Oct 24, 2017, 1:40 PM

I SAW HIM ON THE SIDELINE TELL A TEAM MATE IT WAS WIPING HIS MOUTH BY DOING IT IN FRONT OF HIM. WHO GIVES A SH!T. IT WAS DUMB AND WILL NOT BE DONE AGAIN.

Oct 24, 2017, 1:50 PM

Calm down dude. I was asking a genuine question and agreeing with you that it was dumb.

Why are you always so agressive?

Oct 24, 2017, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

Do you expect anyone to take you seriously WHEN USING ALL CAPS.

Well you did respond.***

Oct 24, 2017, 7:31 PM

Re: Well you did respond.***

Oct 24, 2017, 8:29 PM

Ok?

I didn't know that me responding to a comment was the criteria for being taken seriously.

saw the exact same thing

Oct 24, 2017, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

W

Oct 24, 2017, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

Muse absolutely done the throat slash move!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

It is seriously rude to wipe your mouth with your hand!

No wonder he was penalized... use a...

Oct 25, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

Absolutely right Droberts ..... as soon as he did it I knew he was wiping his mouth. Still dumb, but it should be clarified that it was NOT a throat slash!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt the throat slash got him in trouble. It was surely

Oct 24, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

the "drinking the football" gesture. You can slash somebody's throat but you can't drink a football. That's just dumb.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt the throat slash got him in trouble. It was surely

Oct 24, 2017, 1:28 PM

They threw the flag because it was dumb. Now it all makes cents. They should really throw the flag more often then.

Exactly. Don't cost your team penalty yards on unbelievable

Oct 24, 2017, 1:29 PM

gestures.
It sounds like Dabo worked with him on something better.

Oct 24, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

He never did a throat slash

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Oct 24, 2017, 1:37 PM

He actually did do the throat slash. The ref must have been eyeing him the whole time, it was very quickly dine, but he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he wiped his mouth.***

Oct 24, 2017, 1:41 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throat slash, wiping mouth, Superman shirt rip ...

Oct 24, 2017, 5:03 PM

... it does not matter! All three have gotten the same personal foul flag for Clemson.

Just stop it. That's all.

Yes he did do a throat slash!

Oct 24, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

I saw it immediately and yelled "NO! that's automatic fifteen!" and my wife wondered what I was yelling about until they showed the replay.

Oct 24, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, drinking a football got coach mad.*** ]

Yep, that is what I thought the flag was for bc time as I seen it, I told the wife, well, that is a 15 yard penalty right there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I missed it ... what did he do?***

Oct 24, 2017, 1:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: OK, I missed it ... what did he do?***

Oct 24, 2017, 1:18 PM

Still up for debate. He began with "drinking the football" after a fumble recovery for TD.

The replay shows a move that looks very much like a throat slash, which is a no questions asked personal foul celebration penalty.

Some say he was "wiping his mouth" after "drinking the football", which looked a lot like a throat slash.

Slice it however you like, stupid move. Both Dabo and Muse agree with that. So that's the good news.

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Muse's gesture: "Absolutely will not be tolerated here"

Oct 24, 2017, 1:25 PM

I'm sure there have been numerous discussions along these lines before this ever happened. So why do it at all? Also why not wrap up on tackles and dont stand there and watch receivers run by you. This guy has a long way to go on some pretty basic stuff that should be second nature

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Muse's gesture: "Absolutely will not be tolerated here"

Oct 24, 2017, 1:32 PM

Muse must spend a lot of time working on his post-play repertoire - neck tie adjustment, etc. He's not quite that good - yet. Just play the dang game!

Oct 24, 2017, 4:35 PM

He's big, fast and very athletic, but the elevator isn't quite making it to the top. A little re-engineering needs to be done. :)

nothing like that will happen if you toss the ball to the

Oct 24, 2017, 1:41 PM

ref. and high-five your teammates like hunter renfrow does.

Oct 24, 2017, 1:45 PM

Def a throat slash and he has seemed to have a lack of discipline at other times too.

It was not. Go watch the game and watch what he does on the

Oct 24, 2017, 5:55 PM

Sidelines, he does it agai. To show his team mate and you can clearly see him say I was wiping my mouth. And his hand was not even turned sideways

Making too much of this. Let it go.

Oct 24, 2017, 2:40 PM

Nobody lost their #### mind when vic did this after sack vs Ohio st. 15 yd penalty, kid got chewed out, don't do it again & move on.

(...is what I would say to coach)

Re: Making too much of this. Let it go.

Oct 24, 2017, 2:51 PM

The only slash I saw was that out of position first touchdown.

Re: Making too much of this.

Oct 24, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Making too much of this. Let it go. ]

When you do it and the resulting short kick-off costs you a FG in a 3-point loss, then yes, it's a very big deal.

And yes, many people were very upset with Vic after he did what he claimed aferward was the "Superman Shirt Rip" but was construed as a double throat slash.

Cost us a field goal and we lost by 3***

Oct 24, 2017, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Making too much of this. Let it go. ]

Wonder if the "double bird" is off limits ?***

Oct 24, 2017, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No drinking on the job! Leave the drinking to professionals

Oct 24, 2017, 4:13 PM

...such as myself. I am a professional drinker and I'm at my best when we are playing like we did against Syraexcuse.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 5:14 PM

Sure looked like a throat slash to me. Learn from it , move on and channel that energy into making great plays.

GO TIGERS!!!!

Not showing up, & losing to 3-3 Cuse will not be tolerated

Oct 24, 2017, 5:46 PM

either. A team full of 2 stars ran all over us.

I'm less worried about a gesture that was miss interpreted for a throat slash, than the whole team and coaching staff not getting on the plane to Syracuse. That was a joke of performance.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll see a fired up & better prepared team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we as fans could be as successful as the team and coaches

Oct 24, 2017, 7:37 PM

have. Go Tigers!!!

Here's the video...

Oct 24, 2017, 6:04 PM

Obviously "drinking the football" but unless you were at the game how can you tell from the video he did the throat slash vs. wiping his mouth?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/watch-clemson-tanner-muse-scoops-fumble-takes-yards-for-syracuse/Q7XtjVi6eIXrN6aXljhbdN/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Young and dumb ... been there

Oct 24, 2017, 6:39 PM

Miss all that testerone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 9:26 PM

He was wrong but didn’t cost the team the game. Dabo talked with him move on to other problems. This kid is something special and even off the field. Had the privilege of coaching him in hs. Great family as well and will get better y’all calm down.

As ”awful” as Muse's celebration was, ...

Oct 25, 2017, 2:49 PM

Let's not forget about how egregious Dewayne Allen's salute-to-the-troops's post touchdown celebration was...and on military appreciation day of all days. Really surprised he didn't get ejected, or expelled from school.

But just so I understand, what constitutes an acceptable celebration? Are high fives still okay?

It was immature but not a throat slash

Oct 25, 2017, 2:38 PM

His motions were cracking open the top of the football like a beer, then chugging then wiping his mouth

Oct 25, 2017, 2:51 PM

Well said coach. Disappointing after a great play. Hope all players used it as a lesson.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic