Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney says QB battle is breeding a sense of urgency on every play in practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney says QB battle is breeding a sense of urgency on every play in practice

Aug 7, 2018, 9:12 AM

Swinney says QB battle is breeding a sense of urgency on every play in practice

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says the quarterback competition is breeding a sense of urgency on every single play in practice, something that he loves to see. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney says QB battle is breeding a sense of urgency on every play in practice

Aug 7, 2018, 9:20 AM

:) ;)

Re: TNET: Swinney says QB battle is breeding a sense of urgency on every play in practice

Aug 7, 2018, 6:13 PM

If today would have been August 31st, Dabo would have said that I think that Kelly is starting to separate himself a little bit ahead of Trevor, but Trevor isn't backing down and it is a very close race. We didn't hear that today, but if I was a betting man, I would bet anybody that we will hear it the closer we get to game day!!! I can hear his voice now saying, the fan favorite Trevor Lawrence was right on Kelly's heals, but, Kelly is the senior with the most game experience, and right now he gives us our best chance to win. If he gets out there and starts messing up, the coaches and myself won't hesitate to pull him and give Trevor his shot and see what he can do, but right now Kelly Bryant is our starter!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor is learning which throws he can and can't make

Aug 7, 2018, 9:28 AM

But we already know which throws Kelly can and can't make.

Re: Trevor is learning which throws he can and can't make

Aug 7, 2018, 9:42 AM

We know there is more than passing to run an offense but after just watching clips on TV of both QB's passing no doubt about TL is much smoother and natural looking

If our defense is good as advertised a 2 QB system may not be a bad idea. Dabo is the man and I just feel KB will get most of the snaps because he fills like we can with a game manager.

KB is the safe pick to win out the regular season

Aug 7, 2018, 9:53 AM

Only issue is if we get into a situation where we need more than a game manager. Which is likely to occur at least 3 or 4 times this season. at TAM, FSU, ACCCG, and playoffs.

A 2 QB system with KB the red zone QB- where no long

Aug 7, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor is learning which throws he can and can't make ]

passes are needed. Makes perfect sense to me.

Why? You don't think the other team knows who will run

Aug 7, 2018, 10:28 AM

the ball?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: A 2 QB system with KB the red zone QB- where no long

Aug 7, 2018, 6:27 PM [ in reply to A 2 QB system with KB the red zone QB- where no long ]

I'm a believer in if you need two QBs, you don't have one good one. I believe also, if Trevor was given all the first team snaps from the beginning until game day, KB wouldn't start another game this season. Have at it with the TDs bc I seriously and honestly believe that Trevor Lawrence has wayyyy more talent as a QB than KB will ever have!!! He is the very same type QB as DW4 was, and maybe become better baring any game loss injuries!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor is learning which throws he can and can't make

Aug 7, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor is learning which throws he can and can't make ]

He's already told both of them that Lawrence will get some snaps every game. But Swinney is not so indecisive as to have a 2-QB system. He will pick one. Right now Bryant is No. 1 and Lawrence has to beat him

Aug 7, 2018, 9:49 AM

May the best man EARN the spot no matter what and we good........... GO TIGERS!!

`this~May the best man win....

Aug 7, 2018, 11:17 AM

s

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know...it sounds like coachspeak

Aug 7, 2018, 11:17 AM

It’s looking like Dabo starts and stays will KB unless things get very very desperate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t know...it sounds like coachspeak

Aug 7, 2018, 11:52 AM

KB will start the season, no doubt in my mind. But Trevor will get his shots too. It all depends on what Trevor shows in real time as to whether there is a change. That's what I think.

Aug 7, 2018, 12:17 PM

I agree. I've been roasted before for saying this but KB practices REALLY well and shows the coaches what they want to see and they trust him. Unfortunately, in game pressure he just cant hit those throws. Where as, TL may practice like a freshman sometimes and has the talent to overcome that in a game. I don't blame the coaches for sticking to their guy until they see plays being made by TL in games. Watson was no different.

Aug 7, 2018, 8:53 PM

Absolutely, and nobody in practice is coming at him to try and take his head off....

knew before reading it was going to be

Aug 7, 2018, 12:52 PM

"bryant has looked great lawrence has made some mistakes"..just name bryant the starter and be done with it...so we can struggle to beat teams we should blow out due to the inability to move the ball down field via pass

Re: knew before reading it was going to be

Aug 7, 2018, 4:39 PM

You got that one right. Knew it would be TD’d but go back and read what Dabo said after every practice last August and all you have to do is substitute the names. Identical. There’s no qb competition. It’s KB.

The recap articles are nice but imo you get a better perspective listening to the interviews.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2018, 4:26 PM

Man You guys are bona fide KB Haters. I love the idea of having TL in Clemson Orange but the way people bash him you would've thought this was a coots board or we had a season like UNC/USCjr. KB was a 3* and by any reasonable persons expectations he's exceeded them. In a down year we won 12 games, a ACCCG and played in the playoffs. KB is a AWESOME DUAL THREAT QB who hasn't done anything to loose his starting job and TL is POTENTIALLY an INCREDIBLE QB who hasn't done anything meaningful (THE SPRING GAME in my Allen Iverson practice voice HAHAHA TOO FUNNY)to EARN the job. You guys are hilarious.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic