Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kiper says there are "mixed opinions" on Beasley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kiper says there are "mixed opinions" on Beasley

Mar 27, 2015, 11:04 AM

Kiper says there are "mixed opinions" on Beasley

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL Clowney is the epitome of a one-dimensional pass rusher

Mar 27, 2015, 11:23 AM

yet he was the first overall pick (the one over-played/hyped tackle against the Michigan RB where was completely unblocked notwithstanding), I still think Texas wishes they could get a "do over".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL Clowney is the epitome of a one-dimensional pass rusher

Mar 27, 2015, 11:31 AM

you have a 1/4 sack a game your senior season doesn't mean you have a bad season...

this guy is a joke...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slide Show of Kiper's Draft Busts - FUNNY

Mar 27, 2015, 1:50 PM

Use the arrows to go forward and backwards.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/slideshow/mel-kipers-biggest-nfl-draft-busts

Examples
What Kiper Said: “Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson.”

JaMarcus Russell
What Kiper Said: “Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that’s certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league… look out because the skill level he has is certainly John Elway-like.”

Ryan Leaf
What Kiper Said: “His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class].”

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Slide Show of Kiper's Draft Busts - FUNNY

Mar 28, 2015, 9:43 AM

I remember how hyped he was on Aaron Curry.. WOW.. combine superstar. The Wake Forrest LB came into the combine and wow'd the crowd, got drafted top 10 and did nothing. Now he's a DL coach at Charlotte. wow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slide Show of Kiper's Draft Busts - FUNNY

Mar 29, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Slide Show of Kiper's Draft Busts - FUNNY ]

Brady Quinn.......Johnny Manzell Enough said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney had the size to take on the run, just didn't like

Mar 27, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to LOL Clowney is the epitome of a one-dimensional pass rusher ]

to do it... You can't argue that 6'6" 280 is built more to take on pulling guards than 6'3" 240.

Re: Clowney had the size to take on the run, just didn't like

Mar 27, 2015, 11:55 AM

So Beasley has 20 tackles for loss on running plays in 2 years and he's not good against the run. I don't understand that logic. Kiper is a moron.

TFL doesn't include sacks...he averaged more than 1 TFL per

Mar 27, 2015, 12:04 PM

game during his career.

Re: Clowney had the size to take on the run, just didn't like

Mar 27, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney had the size to take on the run, just didn't like ]

I'm not watching game tape, but I think the point is most of Vic's TFL were runs up middle, cutbacks, scrambles and not pulling guard running right at him or a TE/Tackle taking him on that he sheds and makes a tackle. Vic has the strength, no question, but he doesn't have the size. I recall his improvement areas each year were getting better at taking on blockers.

Vic is one of my favorite players, but you sure as heck can't say that college sack/ TFL production is a carryover to the NFL. The game is different. That is not saying Vic won't be extremely successful at all. If in the right scheme (ala Bruce Irvin) then he will have a great career. Put him as a strong side DE, and he will struggle with stats. I 100% agree with Kiper on that.

Vic Beasley actually defends the run good***

Mar 27, 2015, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Clowney had the size to take on the run, just didn't like ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vic Beasley actually defends the run good***

Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM

Should be: Vic Beasley actually defends the run well.

HTH ye of superior intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: LOL Clowney is the epitome of a one-dimensional pass rusher

Mar 27, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to LOL Clowney is the epitome of a one-dimensional pass rusher ]

Didn't he say this guy was a Fist pick of the first round. How is that working out?

Everything you read about that Clown concerning him and Texas, Texas truly wishes they could have that selection back for a do over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/02/report-texans-are-getting-frustrated-with-clowney/

Most of the fans are over him, and as they say, NO Heart.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11951316/jadeveon-clowney-houston-texans-sit-tennessee-titans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly you know nothing, Clowney is a big De who can play

Mar 30, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to LOL Clowney is the epitome of a one-dimensional pass rusher ]

the run. Look, I hate the yardbirds as much as anybody. But lets at least act mature and speak the truth. Clowney was a devastating DE in college. He was getting double and triple teams consistently and still making plays.

Calling Mel Kiper Jr. a draft guru is hilarious

Mar 27, 2015, 11:26 AM

Also Beasley no being able to hold up against the run has been disproven time and again imo. He's gone up against some of the best OLs and RBs in the nation the bast three years and none have been able to consistently beat Beasley in the running game. Size does not equal Strength. Beasley is a freak athlete in speed and strength and he has bull-rushed 300+lbs OTs in the past.

Kiper is talking out of his behind again like usual. I'm still stunned so many sites say that Beasley added 20 lbs in the offseason and played at 220lbs at Clemson. If they did their due diligence they'd find that he was at 235 or around there this past year.

Kiper...? No need to even go there. What a quack. He gets

Mar 27, 2015, 12:27 PM

an early opinion and never reassesses ever. He's always right even when he's wrong... A fool with a forum....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this the guy who said Matt Barkley is the best QB ever?

Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 AM

Just checking to see if he's full of crap or really full of crap.

Yep said that if Barkley wasn't a first round pick he'd quit

Mar 27, 2015, 11:29 AM

So far he's still there so I guess he was joking

Re: Yep said that if Barkley wasn't a first round pick he'd quit

Mar 27, 2015, 12:25 PM

He said that about clausen being good in the NFL. Even worse

Re: Is this the guy who said Matt Barkley is the best QB ever?

Mar 27, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Is this the guy who said Matt Barkley is the best QB ever? ]

yeah I resent the heck out of self promoting bozos like Kiper, Mcshay, and Lunardi being passed off as experts or even as qualified

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talks down every aspect of Vic then says he has him at #13

Mar 27, 2015, 11:35 AM

Possibly #8 to the Falcons. This guy would talk to you for an hour about how bad the Filet is at Ruth's Chris then order it.

Re: Talks down every aspect of Vic then says he has him at #13

Mar 27, 2015, 11:37 AM

Yep you've got it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, he thought Jimmy Clausen would be a good QB***

Mar 27, 2015, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Is this the guy who said Matt Barkley is the best QB ever? ]

ClemKWA has "mixed opinions" on Kiper.

Mar 27, 2015, 11:30 AM

His hair is one dimensional.

Re: If Kiper is so good, why is he not the GM of the

Mar 27, 2015, 11:31 AM

Seahawks or Patriots?

This title insinuates that Vic has mixed opinions

Mar 27, 2015, 11:46 AM

About himself...I was wondering why Vic was downplaying himself.

I see what Kiper is saying though. This is probably what scouts are wrestling with. I think he'll be fine but you have to wonder if not familiar with Vic if he's just out athleted those opponents in college bc the everyone is a great athlete in the nfl. In the end I think Vic will do fine because he's a hard worker. That's why I thought deandre Hopkins would be fine bc he outworks everyone. Can't skate by on just talent in the nfl.

Re: FB Update: Kiper says there are "mixed opinions" on Beasley

Mar 27, 2015, 11:47 AM

He will go higher than 8th

Maybe he'll slip to the Dolphins then!

Mar 27, 2015, 12:05 PM

Amen to that!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A primer on Kiper...

Mar 27, 2015, 12:09 PM

This guy started a little magazine back in the early 80s about college prospects. Then, he shopped his scouting "services" to all 28 teams in the league, including his hometown Baltimore Colts. They said no so he basically started selling himself to TV outlets and radio shows as an "expert". Repeat, he was REJECTED by every team in the league.

I give him credit for basically starting his own industry and his ability to self-promote. I'm sure he has good sources on his information as well (which makes him a good reporter). However, since he's never played or coached the game, I don't accept him as a good talent evaluator and you can look up on Youtube how many times he's been severely wrong about players. I'd take a high school coaches opinion on a player before his, but I guess since DisnESPN tells me he's a genius I'm just supposed to be believe it. No thanks.

I've always said theres a reason these "gurus" aren't

Mar 27, 2015, 12:11 PM

on an NFL staff.

"Obviously he’s not a guy that’s going to be able to handle

Mar 27, 2015, 12:10 PM

the run"

Where does this come from? Everybody says thats his biggest flaw but I dont really remember him ever really struggling against the run, and if he did it wasnt consistently.

Mar 27, 2015, 12:13 PM

Oops , wrong thread ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In the zone read world of the NFL

Mar 27, 2015, 12:26 PM

becoming a run stopper is more about keeping the RBs and QBs from getting to the outside. Being a run stopper in Kipers world still means the ability to clog of up the middle. He's 5 years behind the times.

'85 Bears mentality.... it's a different game now...+1.***

Mar 27, 2015, 12:29 PM

where is that fan site flow chart?

Mar 27, 2015, 12:43 PM

Is this scenario included?

Every player in every draft has some "mixed opinions".

Trying to think of the last player where there were no mixed opinions about their worth or place in the draft? I think one can make a case for Mr. Luck as the last and before him .... maybe Elway? Some might say Peyton.

Mar 27, 2015, 12:51 PM

If Kiper was as smart as he thinks he is he would be making a lot more money working in some teams front office.

null

I've said for years: If Kiper (and McShay) were even

Mar 27, 2015, 1:18 PM

remotely at NFL scouting, they wouldn't be working at ESPN...

Also, he looks like Sam the Eagle:

Re: I've said for years: If Kiper (and McShay) were even

Mar 27, 2015, 2:19 PM

> remotely at NFL scouting, they wouldn't be working
> at ESPN...
>
> Also, he looks like Sam the Eagle:
>
> > src="http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2010/0330/dal_1
> 00330_kiper_dallas.jpg">
>
> > src="http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060102004115
> /muppet/images/0/02/Sam02.jpg">

lol

Mel Kiper is a Dapper Dan Man.***

Mar 27, 2015, 1:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Once again bozos in the mange overreact and don't really

Mar 27, 2015, 1:50 PM

read the article.

It's very complimentary and he sez VB goes between 8 and 13 in the first round. Still, it points out VB has some weaknesses like just about everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kiper is an idiot and everyone knows that.

Mar 27, 2015, 6:06 PM

The only reason he has a job as a draft "guru" is because people love to hate him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Deer Mel***

Mar 27, 2015, 6:27 PM

I don't understand why everyone hates Kiper. Sure

Mar 27, 2015, 7:14 PM

he's not a fantastic evaluator of talent, but NFL teams constantly whiff on prospects too which should give you an idea of how difficult it is. Kiper is an encyclopedia of prospect knowledge which is really his strength on the draft shows. Plus the hair!

Re: I don't understand why everyone hates Kiper. Sure

Mar 29, 2015, 11:38 AM

I dont think anyone hates Kiper. Most just think he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he's 1 dimensional & that means no top15 but he has him at 13?***

Mar 29, 2015, 11:17 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic